Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 46

Author Topic: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 27 - It is not over until it is over  (Read 73461 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 25 - It lives
« Reply #630 on: June 03, 2012, 09:15:01 pm »

Arcane Steel - Turn 26 - April Eploc: Disaster

The sky seems alight with the fire that comes from the forest. Thick clouds of smoke form above the place and a couple of miles away the townspeople watch with aprehension as one of their main sources of lumber and fresh water is destroyed by the merciless flames. Children watch with awe as the tongues of heat spike higher with each sickening crack and burst. A small dettachment of guards is sent to discover the source of the fire, although many of the people remember the young nobles heading that way...

Candy would go back to sleep, but she is being shaken and thrown around as her owner sprints and rolls around. It seems she destroyed a spam sandwich.
-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
April

April starts to try and run ahead of Diego in an attempt to make sure the horses outside the forest are beef close to a warm area. [1-1] She navigates through the flames with the expertise of an animal confused by bright lights and loud noises. Several branches on fire hit her face and her body as she coughs due to the smoke which starts to take over the scene. The gunslinger keeps sprinting until she stops for a moment and drops to her knees to catch her breath (she actually fell on her face) and avoid the wall of smoke forming above chest-height. [5] A very large flaming branch would fall on top of her, but she leaps sideways almost as soon as she hears the cracking sound.
Diego

Diego hauls Davie up and starts to carry him towards Aquila, which happens to be outside the woods. [6] Diego navigates expertly through the fire, managing to avoid the roots and nuisances which had hit him the last time he tried to traverse the forest. His pace was quick - honed by years of quick, passionate dancing - and the fact his pyromaniac friend's life was in danger made him strain his pathfinding abilities amidst the smoke. The spaniard run without caring for the fact the bottom of his robes had started burn with the fiery strength of his own speed, and although he was fast and they were relatively close to the exit of the forest, the small amount of coughing and tearing caused by the fumes slowed him down. But safety was close, and the spanish mage could feel it.
Adrienne

Adrienne cackles maniacally as she carries her loot out of the clearing. [5] She moves with the grace of a gazelle with its mind tainted by things humanity would be better without. She carries the man with dexterity, dodging the fire while being slightly annoyed by the sparks and seriously annoyed by the sheer amount of smoke, which threatens to poison all the nearby party members.
Thelfin

Thelfin shrugs at Adrienne's strange antics and starts to follow the rest of the party while prepared to shield them from any harm. [6] He sprints in hot pursuit after Adrienne, who is currently carrying an unconscious bandit. Somehow, even with his heavy armor and shield, he manages to catch up to the lighter frank female, with the slight difference that he makes little to no effort to avoid the flaming branches as they break against his armor. The klibanophor steamrolls - pieces of flaming wood starting to accumulate in his armor - through the forest as he follows the female knight who is acting like a feline who just caught a particularly good meal. The smoke also enters through the holes which exist in his helmet, but as Adrienne, he gets mostly annoyed at its presence.
Dellus

Dellus moves on, following the rest of the group through the fiery forest. [3+1] The light mage summons a small orb of light which starts to follow Davie as Diego runs frantically towards safety. The ball of light is mostly composed of raw energy and seems to slow transmit heat into Davie, surprisingly without burning him. [6] He runs after the group with vigor and strength unheard of from a wizard from his family, coughing a little as he runs across debris, fire and smoke. The mage keeps running even as more fire hits his arm and causes even more damage to the exposed tissue.
Davie

Davie uses logic. A very large shock of an attack inflicted upon oneself inside a dreamworld could cause his awakening, or so he seems to believe. The fire mage starts to feel his arms growing even colder than the rest of his body and knows there is little time to spare, and so he attempts to imagine a sword. [6] His bastard sword materializes into his hands, the cold blade shining grimly, which does not stop Davie from taking a deep breath and plunging it into his heart. Unfortunately, even in the dreamworld it hurts almost as much as if he really had stabbed himself with something. [3] He does not take the pain too well and falls to the floor, his breathing ragged and a sword stuck into his body, hot blood spilling forth from the wound.
Falion

Falion suggests Ktimbi to redirect the fire towards the bandits and as the shaman quickly succeeds in channeling the heat away, Falion has already prepared his use of non-lethal force. [6] He hits Ktimbi in the head with the flat part of a longsword which he found lying nearby, managing to put out the insignificant rest of fire which flailed uselessly against the crocodile armor. A mission well-done, and his battle-brother's face contorting as the blunt attack hurt burnt issue surely means he is overjoyed by his help.
Ktimbi

Ktimbi decides to act on the matter of his burned head and concentrates as much as he can to channel it away from him before the fire finally bypasses totally his Armor of Origin and destroys his eyes, nose and mouth. [6-2] Even though the severe pain of having part of his hair and scalp makes it difficult to concentrate, Ktimbi manages to redirect almost the entirety of the fire to a nearby bandit on the ground who still seemed to be alive. The african shaman helps the fire in its efforts to cook the man and then Falion hits him in the head with the flat of a sword. It seems the rest of the fire was put out, but it really hurt. At least the dragoon did not go overboard and his intent to help was obvious, even if clumsy.
Airgead

Airgead quickly allows Falion to mount him and drags Ktimbi, who seem to still be a little disoriented from the pain and subsequent allied bludgeoning to his head. [2+1] The wolf has some problem in getting the african shaman on his back and consequently is left behind by the rest of the party, to which his answer is a howl and a mighty leap towards the way they went.
-

Spoiler: Rambling (click to show/hide)

The Players:

Dwarmin: Knight
Tiruin: Knight
Powder Miner: Knight
Praefectum Screptum: Knight

NUKE9.13: Wizard - Temporarily out
agentorangesoda: Wizard
Tarran: Wizard
SeriousConcentrate: Wizard
Grunhill: Wizard
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:14:13 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 26 - April Eploc: Disaster
« Reply #631 on: June 03, 2012, 09:26:42 pm »

Retreat, retreat, retreat!

Make sure everyone gets out alive!

"Can't anyone just channel part of the fire back into Davie?" Falion said as he sprinted back to the rest alongside his battle brother. "And don't forget the horses! Ktimbi, hang on tight to Airgead! He'll bring you out safely!"

Call Ileid, and possibly the other horses to...return and aid the ones on foot. Through a whistle.

Airgead will aid my battle brother in the best way possible.

But perhaps the horses were smarter, having retreated once the fire started. Or loyal, to await their masters until everyone was safe.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:01:58 pm by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 25 - It lives
« Reply #632 on: June 03, 2012, 09:59:11 pm »

Am i blind or do I not see my turn here. :(

Action: Carry the bandit leader out of the forest whilst cackling maliciously.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 03, 2012, 10:02:27 pm »

Am i blind or do I not see my turn here. :(

Action: Carry the bandit leader out of the forest whilst cackling maliciously.
((Deleted during editing. Excuse me.

Edit: Fixed! Lacking some slashes.))
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:05:10 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 03, 2012, 11:13:00 pm »

>see title: mentally facepalm
Actually reading the turn now.
April GETS OUT OF THE FIRE and finds the others.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:15:50 pm by Powder Miner »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 03, 2012, 11:39:07 pm »

Diego continues carrying Davie to safety.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 04, 2012, 01:42:54 am »

Okay, time to go with the cliff plan. Make the cliff at least 40 stories high and jump. Also, will my sword out of existence.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 04, 2012, 08:25:29 am »

Adrienne patted the unconscious bandits rump, a wicked smile on her face.

"Sleep, my lover..sleep very well..."

Action: Find my horse and throw my bandit over the saddle, retreat with the rest.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 04, 2012, 09:50:16 am »

Go back to the town with everyone else. Transfer some energy to Davie and after getting to the town go to a doctor and get my arm checked.

Well, now it is back to the village, everyone. The fire won't stop so soon.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 04, 2012, 10:12:08 am »

Burnt, disoriented, exhausted, and suffering from cranial trauma, Ktimbi tries his hardest to remain conscious and stay with the group.

Running almost entirely on autopilot, the shaman attempts to dress his wounds while moving

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 09, 2012, 09:55:44 pm »

Thelfin keeps following the rest of the group and help them to carry the wounded ones.
"So what is the plan besides pulling back for now?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 18, 2012, 07:24:47 pm »

Bumpercars!
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 18, 2012, 07:46:37 pm »

I feared the Tarran moment. Getting to the turn tomorrow. I'm on forced vacations on college but serious problems in my work have been getting me stressed out.
>Yes?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 18, 2012, 07:57:10 pm »

I feared the Tarran moment.
Muhahahah, FEAR MY BUMPER CARS!

but serious problems in my work have been getting me stressed out.
No rush, then, dude. Take your time.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 01, 2012, 04:55:49 pm »

Bumpitybumpitybumpbumpbump.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 46