Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 46

Author Topic: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 27 - It is not over until it is over  (Read 73420 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 24 - Arrow Sho-Fire Storm
« Reply #600 on: May 19, 2012, 12:06:25 am »

((Hence, said ultimatum. Without a time limit.  :P))

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 19, 2012, 10:15:14 am »

The piercing flames scoured his face.  A shaman's greatest dishonor is to lose his beard, and licks of fire now singed his pride.

Ktimbi unleashes a primal scream, converting the pain into a terrifying lion's roar, before accepting the help of his battle brother to de-immolate

(I guess we didn't need to worry about arrows after all...)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 20, 2012, 11:40:04 am »

Bump for Praefectus Screptum

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 20, 2012, 01:13:13 pm »

One day bump since the last post...

Dude, really. Come on, at least wait three days before bumping anything. Not everyone has every day off to post on a game on a game sub-forum of a game forum.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 20, 2012, 02:32:24 pm »

bump

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 20, 2012, 03:07:13 pm »

I sense lame trolling attempt.

I wonder who that could be. Hmm...

...I got nothing.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 20, 2012, 03:31:39 pm »

bump

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 21, 2012, 02:02:18 pm »

No bump, just posting to watch.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 21, 2012, 10:25:59 pm »

Thelfin ignores Adrienne's comment and helps her to knock the bandit leader down with his own shield.
"Lets get this done."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 26, 2012, 02:01:04 am »

Bumpbumpbumpbumpbump.

...What? I'm just repeating what my shivering character is saying.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 28, 2012, 11:56:04 pm »

This is not dead, I'm running the turn and surprise! My schedule is better so there will be more updates.

Also, clumsiness attacks.

Edit: Turn in some hours, just too tired at the moment. But I'm happy to be back into the fray.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:19:59 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 29, 2012, 12:11:39 pm »

Arcane Steel - Turn 25 - It lives

New layout to save some space. Feedback appreciated. I mean it. Also, disclaimer: The following turn may contain low sugar, accidental molesting and would-be-killers due to stupidity.

Fire spreads while the squad nonchalantly attempts to deal with any unfinished business they may have while risking each other's lives in the process, mostly due to their sheer lack of common sense. The entire forest starts to suffer a fiery demise and trees which had lived for decades undisturbed are destroyed without mercy by the flames.

Candy keeps happily destroying something.
-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
April tries to help Davie.

April realizes she had been using Davie as her cover and figures that she should help her battle-brother. The female gunslinger quickly moves towards the fire mage to get him away from the flames. [1-1] She deftly sprints the few feet keeping her away from Davie before suddenly tripping and falling on top of his unconscious figure. The scene and their subsequent tangling pose are not only very awkward, the crash is also very painful for the dying young man, and April tries again to leave the absurd position when Diego arrives. [3-1+2] She succeeds to do so after some struggle, but not without avoiding causing some damage to Davie's weakened body and to her image as a lady.
Diego tries to help Davie2.

Diego runs down to the hill and arrives at the scene to find April and Davie in a position which seemed to imply they were preparing to engage in a "romantic" scene. Romantic as in Rated 17 and Above. He still tries to talk to Davie despite the obvious intimacy of both people, but he seemed literally colder than usual and the female knight seems to be trying to get untangled. Realizing what has happened, the spaniard puts his coat over his companion as a blanket after the gunslinger writhes away from Davie and attempts to construct a half-bubble of kinetic energy, which is obviously difficult, even for users of force magic. [5-1] He concentrates in forming a wall of energy around them and making it stable, narrowing his eyes and fine-tuning the rough edges and the energy net until he is able to come up with a reasonable energy field of kinetic energy. Allowing passage for other teammates would be extremely hard, though.
Adrienne is busy knocking out the bandit leader.

Adrienne ignores the commotion around her and moves maliciously towards the damaged but seemingly good-quality ware in front of her: the bandit leader. The frank knight rose her round shield, aiming over his head while Thelfin covered her advance with his shield. [1v3-3] Her attack is slightly off the mark and lazy, but she manages to hit his helm; [End:2] He is simply too exhausted and weakened to resist the bonking on his head and starts to fade in and out of consciousness. Adrienne easily catches him and starts to drag him behind her.
Thelfin is helping Adrienne with her dirty deeds.

Thelfin keeps his shield up after watching Adrienne deal with her problems her own way. He shrugs, the armor making a clanking sound as he does so, and keeps on his way, protecting the frank knight and watching as Dellus appears out of the nearby stalks, one of his arms on fire.
Dellus has an arm on fire and tries to play macho.

Dellus runs away from the blazing hell - eyes still watering - and tries to erase the flames from his arms by flapping them widly and hitting some of his thick robes over them. [4] He manages to do a reasonable work and put down the flames from his arms. Even so, they still hurt much and mages are not as well-trained to resist pain as knights. [End:5] Even so he stops clenching his teeth, regains his composure even through the pain and searches for a safe place to treat his injuries. He moves towards the place Davie, April and Diego are, although it seems April and Davie seem too intimate.
Davie is dying. Yey.

Davie is unconscious, the only feeling passing through the darkness being cold. Cold, inviting and eternal... [2] Then the cold suddenly stops and fire start to appear around him, menacing his weak existence even as he still feels chilling cold and shivers. Suddenly, A figure hits him very hard, distracting the fire mage from the walls of flame. He can feel some warm and soft spots in the thing that is pinning him down, but it is mostly composed of rings of steel that hurt like hell. What is it doing n-? OH MY GOD IT'S MOLESTING HIM. It is just like that one time back with a retainer from secondary branch of the family. After some time full of awkward poking, wiggling and groping around him the figure finally lets go of his body and disappears. Well, that was as strange as it was painful.
Falion goes on to help Ktimbi.

Falion sends Airgead to help his allies and starts to yell like a madman at enemies that are no longer there due to the fact they are not stupid enough to stay inside a burning forest. While shouting to no effect he also attempts to help Ktimbi who is , taking a large piece of cloth and attempting to "suffocate" the fire. [1] [Airgead anti-stupidity roll:4] Airgead postpones his departure, yanks the cloth from Falion's hands and flings it away. A small spark makes contact with it and the cloth bursts in flames with a small cracking sound. Uh-oh, it had a good amount of gunpowder on it. Ktimbi's head is still on fire, but that can't do! Now Falion is bound by honor to erase the flames on Ktimbi's head, stopping only by either success, killing Ktimbi or dying whilst trying, but most likely killing him.
Ktimbi roars and accepts help.

Ktimbi screams! [3] His scream is turned into a roar from a small and unimpressive lion. [End:3] He decides to let Falion help him and do nothing at all about the fire burning through his hair and head, causing an enormous amount of pain and making him fall to the ground. A very smart decision indeed, seeing as the dragoon is carrying a cloth which he'll obviously use to put out the fire. It seems his wolf threw the cloth away and it burst in flames, but Falion is unabated and has a determined glint in his eyes. Oh great Origin.
Airgead is ordered to drag Adrienne away from the obviously dangerous situation.

Airgead is about to follow Falion's orders to save Adrienne when he watches the dragoon about to initiate his attempts at extinguishing the fire on the african shaman's head. The cloth smells like gunpowder and the wolf acts accordingly, snatching it from his owners hands and throwing it away from them. After a job well-done, he moves to a position closer to the turtling duo composed of Adrienne, now dragging the bandit leader, and Thelfin, still keeping his shield in a defensive position.
-

Loud cracks echo weakly through the smoke-riddled area, announcing that the fire has started to take down trees. There are no enemies nearby.

Spoiler: Rambling (click to show/hide)

The Players:

Dwarmin: Knight
Tiruin: Knight
Powder Miner: Knight
Praefectum Screptum: Knight

NUKE9.13: Wizard - Temporarily out
agentorangesoda: Wizard
Tarran: Wizard
SeriousConcentrate: Wizard
Grunhill: Wizard
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:48:16 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 25 - It lives
« Reply #612 on: May 29, 2012, 12:51:47 pm »

((You really hate my Wolf, dice.))

Post button is hit. It creates a semi-made post.

"Airgead! Take the wounded out! Help the rest!

Brother, calm down now. I'll fix this!"

Suggest that he re-direct the fire onto the direction of the bandits!

If not, de-immolate his head through the methodical use of non-lethal force!

Then curse at Fate for cursing me with this curse.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 01:01:48 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 29, 2012, 01:06:45 pm »

Suggest that he re-direct the fire onto the direction of the bandits!
((The ones who ran away while they had chances of survival?))
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 29, 2012, 01:30:35 pm »

Diego looked stumped. Davie's condition didn't seem to be improving, and he was still cold to the touch. "There is only one solution I can think of, senora Eploc. We must keep our amigo close to our bodies and warm him up. Ricardo! Come and assist!"

(Davie sandwich. :o)

(Nah, I'm not going to actually do that. :P Instead I'll wait for Powder and Tarran to post an see what they're going to do first.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 46