Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46

Author Topic: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 27 - It is not over until it is over  (Read 73474 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 26 - April Eploc: Disaster
« Reply #645 on: July 02, 2012, 05:22:53 pm »

Push.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 02, 2012, 11:44:29 pm »

Come on man, you don't need to bump every day. I'd suggest more like once a week.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 02, 2012, 11:48:23 pm »

To be fair there was about thirteen days between your last bump and his, and the last turn was almost exactly a month ago.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 08, 2012, 02:12:29 pm »

Agreed. Also, bump again. I'm hoping that I can ressurect this, but if not, I'll leave the corpse.
Sig! Onol

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 08, 2012, 05:26:43 pm »

I'd suggest PMing by this point if someone has proven to be completely unaware of bumps for a very long time. Because it's highly unlikely anybody can ignore/miss a PM, at least from my experience.

...I'll PM him.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 08, 2012, 07:54:40 pm »

((I'll get my act together and run a turn today. I doubt the players are still interested though, but I'll try since I do have a background for this, and I don't want to leave it to rot after putting so much effort into it.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 08, 2012, 09:20:22 pm »

((I doubt the players are still interested though))
((I laugh at this, specifically the second word here.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Covenant of Arcane Steel - Turn 25 - It lives
« Reply #652 on: July 08, 2012, 10:12:10 pm »

Arcane Steel - Turn 27 - It is not over until it is over

In between sweat and the fatigue that starts to settle early upon the members of the party in their desperate sprint towards the open fields, their morale is only enhanced as the first rays of sunlight they have seen in a long sequence of minutes, which seemed to have been more than an hour, filters through the charred remains of the trees ahead.

Candy mostly exists.
-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
April

April keeps running through the flaming forest, [4] managing to find the rest of the group and trying to tail them into safety. The heat and the occasional flame were an ominous danger to all gunpowder-carrying members of the party, and it is an exceedingly happy moment when she finally leaves the hell of fire and smoke they had been in for the last few minutes.
Diego

Diego keeps carrying the limp body of Davie to safety. [5] His determination to save a teammate shows through his actions, and the spaniard manages to weave between the stalks and fallen branches amidst smoke and heat to finally reach the outer parts of the woods and give a final leap towards safety, smoke trailing from his attire as the small fire on his robes consumes the expensive, well-woven cloth...For some strange reason, Ricardo is not anywhere, nor their horses.
Adrienne

Adrienne keeps running with the group, sparks flying around her. [3] Even then, they are mostly a constant inconvenience and thanks to her good initial sprint, she finally finds herself out of the small pocket of forest. She sees what the rest of her teammates see: the town some kilometers away, some burnt remains of branches around the outskirts of the burning trees...And their horses are nowhere to be seen.
Thelfin

Thelfin sees Davie is already being properly taken care of and keeps running. [4] As the rest of his team, he quickly finds himself outside the burning wreck that was once a small forest and checks the area around him.
Dellus

Dellus keeps following the trail, now almost impossible to see amidst the smoke. [4] The "heretic" manages to break out of the smoke wall without further problems, just in time to see the rest of his team staring at the empty expanse of ground his horses had been left at. There is no time to lose, though, Davie may die if he does not try to apply immediate magical help to his body. [4] Dellus' knowledge of metamagic pays off and he manages to pass a small stream of energy into the fire mage's magical vessels.
Davie

Davie wills his sword out of existence to try a new plan. [2] The bastard sword seems to like the place it is stuck in, and does not budge an inch. Even then, the fire mage tries to imagine a cliff with a very, very long fall... [1] Nothing happens and the sword decides to get comfy in his body. It hurts like hell, even if it happens to be the dreamworld.
Falion

Falion tries to both care about his teammates and his own life, which is no easy task...If not for the fact he is being carried by Airgead. Finally finding himself out of the fiery inferno, left behind him by a mighty leap forward from Airgead, he whistles, trying to call for the horses. He can hear Ileid answering his call in the distance...In the distance?
Ktimbi

Ktimbi decides to dress his wounds while the wolf carries him to safety. [2] It may be the fatigue, the pain, the movement or the heat and smoke, but the african shaman is unable to do it. He is quickly out of the forest as Airgead leaps the last few meters towards safety.
Airgead

Airgead keeps silent as he runs and leaps in between the smoldering ashes. [5+1] The wolf easily catches up to the rest of the group, takes the front and leaps to the now slightly-less-green plains outside. He immediately catches up something in the air and his throat starts to rumble with a low growling.
-

It does not take long for the party to see what exactly is wrong. A couple of dozens of meters away from them, a group of bandits is dropping the last remains of what seems some food they had been carrying and preparing their weapons. It seems they split up and were waiting for the party in different points, judging by the fact one of them starts to whistle furiously before finally taking position. The pikemen raise their pikes and the longbowmen notch arrows and taut the strings of their weapons, aiming for the members of the party that seem to make for easy targets. Longbows take years to master, and are tools of war commonly attached to the image of the english. One can not help but wonder how many enemies carry these weapons and how many can use them properly...

Some minutes of fast travel away from them is a small detachment of the city guard, and the enemies reinforcements are coming as well. The guards are probably well-prepared enough to fend off the incoming enemies, and all the group has to do is hold the line.

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rambling (click to show/hide)

The Players:

Dwarmin: Knight
Tiruin: Knight
Powder Miner: Knight
Praefectum Screptum: Knight

NUKE9.13: Wizard - Temporarily out
agentorangesoda: Wizard
Tarran: Wizard
SeriousConcentrate: Wizard
Grunhill: Wizard
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 09, 2012, 12:04:05 am »

"Oh come on, are you kidding me? What do I need to do to wake up, talk to God?"

Concentrate on the pain, and use the pain to wake myself up.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 09, 2012, 12:16:13 am »

Diego does his best to revive Davie! Even going so far as CPR if necessary. His fire magic would probably be needed here.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:35:32 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 09, 2012, 12:30:01 am »

Fallion took note of how many were armed and armored, as well as the composure of those with longbows.

If his thoughts proved right, just a small twitch in their arms would loosen their accuracy.

"Hold the line!"

Throw yon Javelin at the nearest Longbowman!

Airgead will set Ktimbi down amongst my allies in a safe location, then carry Fallion for a melee charge; if possible, hoping to snap off the necks of the pikes to make them useless.

Fallion will also try to whistle once more for his warhorse.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 09, 2012, 08:41:35 am »

Ktimbi is exhausted and will rest in a safe place this turn

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fuck

Use Ouroboros again (I think I can use it now) and summon a barrage of bolts. If Dellus can't use Ouroboros, create a normal barrage and prepare the Crossbow if the enemies stay away. If the enemies get close, use the Dual Swords. Use the grimoire as a shield if not using the Dual Swords.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome. Xantalos is now a competent necromancer! But really, I'm glad to see the thread back on it's feet.
Sig! Onol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome. Xantalos is now a competent necromancer! But really, I'm glad to see the thread back on it's feet.
And then we have a villain slot.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46