Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 54

Author Topic: SCP: Containment Breach  (Read 233112 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: Containment Breach
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2012, 04:51:25 pm »

There is also the angel (or was it a seraphim) that prophesizes the end trough the God and the Leviathan I think.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Xeron

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill your family
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2012, 04:53:07 pm »

I can't wait for this game.
Just please make it work on my crappy PC T_T

Ah, the spoils of pasting one self's face onto women's bodies...

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2012, 05:13:30 pm »

Can someone explain what this SCP stuff actually is? A collection of horror studies passed off as true on the website?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2012, 05:14:46 pm »

Can someone explain what this SCP stuff actually is? A collection of horror studies passed off as true on the website?
The website pretends to be the archives of a secret organization that captures anomalies and tests/destroys them. They have a shitload of stories on their website, many of them being creepy as hell. The stories read like an after-report.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2012, 05:22:49 pm »

This looks so good.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2012, 05:26:44 pm »

The website pretends to be the archives of a secret organization that captures anomalies and tests/destroys them. They have a shitload of stories on their website, many of them being creepy as hell. The stories read like an after-report.

Sounds fun. Gonna have a read through tomorrow. That weeping angel style one is creepy as hell.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2012, 05:29:49 pm »

It was originally a collection of /x/ creepy-pasta, with the hook that the creepy-pasta stories (or some) were true, but distributed as creepy-pasta so that nobody would believe them.

Now most/all of the stories are written specifically for the site.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2012, 05:50:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Here's the mind screw: Is the top picture a live feed or a recording? That's the difference between life and death.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2012, 06:31:52 pm »

Is that 173 in the top picture? And in the bottom... :'(

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2012, 06:42:50 pm »

As much as SCP's freak me out, I'm looking forward to this.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2012, 07:27:32 pm »

There's a SCP called the Subterranean City.It seems to have come from the future,and apparently a containment breach of a SCP caused the world to end.I suspect its SCP-682.He's invincible
Also i highly await and support this game :D
Nah, 682 isn't very dangerous.
Sure, they cant kill him (although that said, I do think that they could kill him with one of the numerous SPC's they have, although not without some risk), but all he has is super strength, and the worst case scenario would be him basically rampaging in a city, and probably killing thousands before they managed to capture him again.

Some of the other SCP's sound like they could easily cause the Apocalypse.
For example:
SCP-079, a singularity level AI trapped on a CD-rom, that if released into the world would become exponentially smarter.
SCP-914, a machine that is capable of altering whatever is put in it (eg. put a revolver in on the "very fine setting", and it turns into a weapon that disintegrates everything in its line of fire), a virus, or another SPC, or even a sufficently powerful weapon so improved could easily cause the Apocalypse.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2012, 07:43:37 pm »

SCP-914 can also be very useful.

I'm hoping for some of the funny SCPs to make it in as cameos/background events. Tomatoes that hurl themselves at people who make terrible jokes, anyone?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2012, 07:46:04 pm »

I'm hoping for some of the funny SCPs to make it in as cameos/background events. Tomatoes that hurl themselves at people who make terrible jokes, anyone?
Pufferkittens :3
I wonder if we could weaponize those...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2012, 07:47:46 pm »

Pufferkittens :3
I wonder if we could weaponize those...
Yesssssss. Pufferkitten grenades!  :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2012, 07:48:47 pm »

Quote from: Visions of a Better World
-blink. Must have dozed off. Understandable, we've all been going for 2 days or more to finish this.

It's a small change. Nothing serious, nothing wildly risky. Just some - alright, several million with the current breeding programme - pet kittens to get people in key positions a little more relaxed.  Hopefully, after everyone's spent a few days d'awwing over the nearest SCP-2558-J things will be…calmer. Quieter. Friendlier. And then, behold: a better world.

Well… that's what they thought. See, here's the thing about those deadly little balls of fluff: they don't like sudden noises. We introduced them into the world, and of course, what do parents do? They give them to their children. Children are alright, I guess. Except that they can be loud.

I remember when it started. Two of the things had been brought to a home, and the children got so excited. But then they started to fight, and the little puffballs… puffed up. The resulting puffage caused the children (and their parents) to shriek and scream, which caused their neighbors (also proud owners of the things) to slam open their doors and ask, "What?!" This, of course, caused MORE puffsplosions, and before you knew it, with a shriek or a telephone ringing or anything like that, the world was FILLED with puffballs.

The worst part had to be that no one cared. The world was being drowned in puffballs. No one could breathe, or see, or anything. They just sat there and said 'Dawwwww…' They cooed over these things as they wiped out about half of humanity. The rest of us, though? We're down here, away from those things. Every now and then, when we run the tap, we get a puffball. It's simply unimaginable… and it feels like any second now we'll just…
Ohohoho
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 54