Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Grim Grimoire - The Realistic Commune Mod (34.07)(0.6)  (Read 37771 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grim Grimoire - The Realistic Commune Mod (34.05)(0.5)
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2012, 05:08:28 pm »

-snip- Also breaking a shoulder ALREADY makes a person to drop their weapon.

you sure? i have seen quite a bit of odd behavior in adventure and fortress here?
on more than one occasion a enemy has had their entire arm beat to shit except the hand and still attacked with their weapon...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2012, 05:18:55 pm »

Yes I am sure, just tested it a few times. Breaking any joint disables a limb.

NERVOUS makes the creature to drop EVERYTHING and fall on the ground, it's from the spine damage. Why would that be on every limb?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2012, 05:37:25 pm »

Yes I am sure, just tested it a few times. Breaking any joint disables a limb.

NERVOUS makes the creature to drop EVERYTHING and fall on the ground, it's from the spine damage. Why would that be on every limb?

Nervous kills everything under it, killing NERVOUS in the arm isn't going to turn them into a quadriplegia.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2012, 05:44:39 pm »

I thought it works on joints only, I haven't tried it on limbs. Anyway, since it works without it, why NERVOUS?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2012, 06:16:13 pm »

oh ok i thought you meant vanilla vs this mod... nvm.

i geuss double insurance?
wait actually... no i got nothing.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2012, 08:37:46 pm »

Current status on my end:

Finished armor raws themselves, and restricted layering to being sensible succesfully (such as, chainmail coifs can be worn with a kettle helm, hauberks with coat of plates, but no wearing more than one of each type, or pulling greathelms over hounskulls)

Still have to make some layering adjustements to clothing.

I did run into one, or rather two nasty problems: Worldgen characters pick very stupid combinations of armor (tier 3 plate armor, tier 1 kettle helm, NO gauntlets or armor) much less actualy wear more than one item of armor on one bodypart or choose matching sets. I could live with them not wearing multiple layers of armor, but what they use now is just kind of rediculous.

What I need is some insight in how the game picks armor and clothing for characters, and a good way to test it doing so. Right now the only methods are to generate a world, make an adventurer and look what they make and use, or making a fortress, cheating something realy expensive into existance and waiting for invaders. Both of these cost a lot of time, and im not sure how many changes I can make without having to do this all over again.

Anyhow, temporary armor raws for peer review:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I of course welcome ideas, help and suggestions!

(edit: typos)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:51:56 pm by Grimlocke »
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2012, 06:47:39 pm »

I thought it works on joints only, I haven't tried it on limbs. Anyway, since it works without it, why NERVOUS?

Vanilla Joints or ABS joints?

the NERVOUS tag on Limbs is cause crippling from broken bones (see ABS)

And why NERVOUS? because any BP with NERVOUS controls all attached BP's (or in BP's it is internal/embedded in)

Vanilla DF (afaik) a upper arm bone can be broken and the creature would not be affected (well in pain yes but the arm would still work)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2012, 08:32:14 pm »

ptw

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2012, 11:13:42 pm »

oops
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:15:54 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2012, 11:12:01 am »

Vanilla DF (afaik) a upper arm bone can be broken and the creature would not be affected (well in pain yes but the arm would still work)

I just ran a short test:

NERVOUS is totally redundant in this case.

P.S. I think it will work this way: if you break the bone and NOT cut the nerve, the arm will stop functioning anyway. I think. I need to test more.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:16:51 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2012, 05:21:53 pm »

Just a thought, but maybe one of the few mods circulating that give battle logs more detail? Like differently named attacks. For instance, instead of "Urist McFighter stabs Goblin in the lower body..."  it could also be "Urist McFighter (impales/runs through/prods) stabs Goblin in the lower body..."
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2012, 06:00:26 pm »

As far as further development, I really would love to see the fingers have bones and connective tissues.  Also, a "palm" piece for the hand, itself.  It should be possible to be hit in the back of the hand and lose control of all one's fingers, yet not lose the ability to wield a shield.

I've just noticed that in Adventure mode and the Arena that if someone is hit in the hand, they lose fingers immediately.  It's like they're just fat sausages and even the slightest hit with a blade will cut right through them.

Also, there could be some room for "abstraction" of the system.  Instead of modeling the "fifth right floating rib" and all that, could it be possible to just have a "ribcage" object that protects most of the organs, sans stomach and guts?  I mean I'm all for the detail, but I really don't care if someone gets hit in the "right back wisdom tooth" so much as I care that they took a mace to their teeth...

In short?  I'm 110% for functional details like bones in fingers, lower back strikes that leave one unable to walk but able to crawl and weild a weapon, but deathly against stupid details like 32 individual teeth and a correct number of ribs, when group objects would adequately suffice.  Seriously, does anyone really care that Urist just took a rapier to his right upper eye tooth?  Or do you really just care that he took a SWORD to his MOUTH?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:07:56 pm by Jeoshua »
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2012, 06:12:31 pm »

@Deon

@Tsuch550

@JeoShua

As for any modding work I've lost all my data and modding work so I kinda rage quit on that. So my complete fingers are here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104222.msg3082659#msg3082659 to me complete toes are not really an issues since when I think about it, toes are really short, and even when people get toes cut off it's usally DF style the whole thing goes.

P.S. to Deon
If you can get the same Effect of my ABS with vanilla settings, or modified version, I'd like to be corrected. But all of my research and testing has shown my way is needed, also Does the JOINT tag on a bodypart respect the STRUCTAL tissues and cripple the limb? cause I swear I've seen a creature in vanilla have a broken kneecap and be just fine.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2012, 07:02:25 pm »

I've made all my tests with an edged weapon, damn :). Thanks for telling.

cause I swear I've seen a creature in vanilla have a broken kneecap and be just fine.
Any time I break a joint, the bodypart under it stops working for me. If I break a shoulder with my wrestling moves, the creature drops its weapon.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2012, 07:42:12 pm »

I've made all my tests with an edged weapon, damn :). Thanks for telling.

cause I swear I've seen a creature in vanilla have a broken kneecap and be just fine.
Any time I break a joint, the bodypart under it stops working for me. If I break a shoulder with my wrestling moves, the creature drops its weapon.
No problem and thanks for the JOINT update. I guess we can safely say JOINT, GRASP, and STANCE all rely on a STRUCTUAL tissue. But then again it could be MUSCLE that JOINTs need I wonder what type of tissue a JOINT requires to function
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11