Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Grim Grimoire - The Realistic Commune Mod (34.07)(0.6)  (Read 37765 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grim Grimoire - The Realistic Commune Mod (34.05)(0.3)
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2012, 06:21:32 pm »

... are you telling me linguistically gifted dwarfs could deflect arrows with their 'razor sharp tongue'?

and they said linguistic ability was useless in adv mode...

(gotta mod that in btw.)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2012, 02:51:31 pm »

*resurrect*

Dispite this mod seemingly not going anywhere (finished the weapons days ago, still not in the OP) I am starting to rework the armor raws of the game.

And what a pain that is. Gave up earlier attempts at this due to the armor raws being so horrably inflexible but am realy just tired of playing with my half-finished mod.

Current goal is: replace all non-specific armor pieces and adjust layering to be as sesible as the raws allow (no more 10 cloaks and 4 suits of chainmail, additional chainmail pieces, greathelms and hounskulls wearable over chain coifs, but no great helms wearable over hounskulls).

Throat armor seems impossible through armor raws, only way to do so is making bodyarmor have UBSTEP:MAX which doesnt realy make sense for any kind of armor. May have to change bodypart raws instead.

Edit: Helmets done!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 04:23:58 pm by Grimlocke »
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2012, 11:38:54 pm »

Sounds good, I've been bogged down with RL. Still haven'y got those darn Toes done.

Grimlocke since your redoing armor, could Breastplates have Bevor/gorget/neck guards + paldrons/shoulder pads? then the use of UPSETP or UBSTEP would make sense as upper arms and the neck would be covered. altho Chainmail would only serve as a slightly longer Breastplate (covers Lowerbody) with the addtion of adding extra protection (layer)

Also all gloves and shoes/boots have LBSTEP:MAX pretty plz?

Now the reason for the Breastplate to have this tag is the goal is to remove the head/neck setup instead of a neck attached to the head, it will be a head attached to the neck. so UBSTEP:1 should be good (also should stop oddies where main shirts can protect the head too (kinda makes sense tho due to the fact it was more of a chainmail hoodie. maybe Chainmail can have UPSTEP:2 (covers lower-upper arms and head and neck?)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2012, 07:36:41 am »

Grouped neck armor with helmets for now, mostly to prevent gorgets from protecting torso and upper arms. Finaly found out how to use layering to allow only certain combinations of armor on a single bodypart. Doing this for multiple bodypart remains impossible though, which is why id rather not add more UBSTEP to chainmail. Preventing rediculous armor stacking is one of the main goals for this rework.

The raws dont allow for a lot of flexibility here at all, will likely have to make items as groups of armor parts. Making shoes and boots extend to the entirety of the limbs is easy enough though im not sure if there is a sensible name for that, other than 'sabaton with greave and tasset'... It also presents a good oppertunity to get rid of the weird armor pants that is 'greaves' now.

Lower body armor could just serve as faulds, but I cant do anything to prevent it from being worn along with full-length chainmail (which would be silly). Splitting chainmail into upper and lower body parts also wouldnt add much to realism.

I am of course open for ways to get around some of these restrictions!
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2012, 09:39:17 am »

Hmm...

There shouldn't be any chainmail leggings yes? So far I've never seen any chainmain pants, just shirts and gloves (this is only what I know)

My best bet would be do what you planned, because there could be padded leather pants with a Fauld, Tasset, and Cuisse (only lowerbody and upper legs will be safe) then rename/alter High boots to say Boots with Greaves (since they protect the shins in vanilla anyways) also low boots should be renamed to boots and not be made of metal? I don't remember anyone wearing "just" metal boots

Shame we can't assign armor to specific BP's yet (I think this has been mentioned in other threads as well) would make this easier, of course the military screen would be cluttered for equipment tho.

So your making Helms come with a Bevor to protect the neck. I guess all armor will need material sizes altered so the more "included" pieces take more metal. Thus making it so light armor needs to be made for starting fortress (no complete platemail right off the bat, just metal caps, breastplate, and other easy to make armor pieces)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2012, 06:43:09 pm »

It's not so much that It's dead, it's the fact that I'm also very busy with a work heavy art major, now that it's the weekend I'll be able to implement your stuff.

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2012, 02:50:57 am »

adding this mod has flooded my error log with stuff like

*** Error(s) finalizing the creature GIANT_WHITE_STORK
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:FEMALE:first toe, right foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:FEMALE:first toe, left foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:FEMALE:second toe, right foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:FEMALE:second toe, left foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:FEMALE:third toe, right foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:FEMALE:third toe, left foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:FEMALE:fourth toe, right foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:FEMALE:fourth toe, left foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:MALE:first toe, right foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:MALE:first toe, left foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:MALE:second toe, right foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:MALE:second toe, left foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:MALE:third toe, right foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:MALE:third toe, left foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:MALE:fourth toe, right foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:MALE:fourth toe, left foot: No tissue thickness

is this usual?
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2012, 06:00:17 am »

adding this mod has flooded my error log with stuff like

*** Error(s) finalizing the creature GIANT_WHITE_STORK
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:FEMALE:first toe, right foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:FEMALE:first toe, left foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:FEMALE:second toe, right foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:FEMALE:second toe, left foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:FEMALE:third toe, right foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:FEMALE:third toe, left foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:FEMALE:fourth toe, right foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:FEMALE:fourth toe, left foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:MALE:first toe, right foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:MALE:first toe, left foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:MALE:second toe, right foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:MALE:second toe, left foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:MALE:third toe, right foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:MALE:third toe, left foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:MALE:fourth toe, right foot: No tissue thickness
GIANT_WHITE_STORK:MALE:fourth toe, left foot: No tissue thickness

is this usual?
This has been mentioned before:
I'm still getting all sorts of "missing tissue from toes" errorlog upon running the worldgen.
Is this intended? or if not; how do I fix it?

So since this issue popped up again, I downloaded and had a look see. Found the issue (bolded is the problem line, yellow is the direct area)

**VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS**

[BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:HORN:BONEF:2:HORN:2]
   [BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:BONEF:25:ARG1:1]
   [BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:BONEF:ARG1:1]
   [BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:FIN:BONEF:25:ARG1:1]
   [BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:FLIPPER:BONEF:25:ARG3:25:ARG2:5:ARG1:1]
   [BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:HUMP:ARG2:50:ARG1:1]

you will want [BP_LAYERS:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:BONEF:25:ARG1:1]

And the "first toe, right foot: no tissue thickness" errorlog will stop bothering you

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2012, 03:24:19 pm »

Alright I'll fix that and upload today and also add the weapons and such, I think I have a decent idea how to package the different mods and keep them modular.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Grim Grimoire - The Realistic Commune Mod (34.05)(0.5)
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2012, 05:19:08 pm »

Updated.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2012, 05:22:34 pm »

I just had a closer look at Seth Creiyds Dwarf Chocolate, and he has some nifty balancing in the body plans as well. Buttocks, Windpipes, Kneecaps, left/right/stem brainparts, renaming of a lot of things like toes and fingers... the combat logs read a lot nicer. You might want to contact him about that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2012, 05:25:11 pm »

I just had a closer look at Seth Creiyds Dwarf Chocolate, and he has some nifty balancing in the body plans as well. Buttocks, Windpipes, Kneecaps, left/right/stem brainparts, renaming of a lot of things like toes and fingers... the combat logs read a lot nicer. You might want to contact him about that.

Yeah I've been looking at that chocolate mod a lot, it looks really interesting.

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2012, 08:29:33 pm »

I must say, great work guys.
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2012, 04:33:40 pm »

I am extremely interested in this reaseach. I've worked on detailed body (even separated upperbody in 3) very long time ago, but nowadays I barely have free time and I fully dedicate it to develop Post-Apocalypse mod. So if you bless those who use your research in their mods, I would love to be one of them :). And armor layering is a very important thing too, I agree.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2012, 04:46:27 pm »

I have a question, why did you add NERVOUS to arms and legs? Also breaking a shoulder ALREADY makes a person to drop their weapon.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11