Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 74

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living  (Read 134809 times)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Markedangels The Water Of Living
« Reply #495 on: April 26, 2012, 01:49:07 pm »

If a part of it goes down the entire cloud follows, I found this out the hard way once.

Seal ALL the projects!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

ninjanomnom

• Bay Watcher
  • Coder in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 26, 2012, 01:56:23 pm »

So whats the atitude towards having an IRC room?
If yes im atm figuring out how to create a room and will post details then.

EDIT: Room created, waiting for some sort of confirmation.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 02:02:27 pm by ninjanomnom »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #497 on: April 26, 2012, 02:18:19 pm »

So whats the atitude towards having an IRC room?
If yes im atm figuring out how to create a room and will post details then.

EDIT: Room created, waiting for some sort of confirmation.
Confirmation?

ninjanomnom

• Bay Watcher
  • Coder in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 26, 2012, 02:34:41 pm »

Ill take that as a "sure lets have an IRC"

Details:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #499 on: April 26, 2012, 02:39:14 pm »

I'll try some other time, busy atm :P

ninjanomnom

• Bay Watcher
  • Coder in training
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 26, 2012, 02:40:35 pm »

Only making this cause its a bit better for going off topic than a thread

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 26, 2012, 08:32:05 pm »

You realise that I dont give a shit about going off topic in the Thread, and that I for one dont have the time of day to use IRC to chatterbox, aye?
Its My Thread, and I say that going Off Topic is totally fine when there are not regular updates going up.
There doesnt need to be a 'better' option.
After all, I could have made one at any point throughout this.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:21:37 pm by Chilton »
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 26, 2012, 08:32:49 pm »

As a thought - using the above method (ramp, remove ramp) would we not be able to dig a hole under the anvils outside?

Its an opening. Openings are lethal.

First of all, this is the char idea I had, not saying it's the salvation idea :) I just want a guy who'll make crossbows, and then try to push them onto EVERYONE.

Secondly, I totally think I'm thinking out of the box! Are there any walls outside? Put marksdwarves on them! Are there no walls outside? Replace some walls with fortifications!

Nobody has to go outside. I know how deadly this beach is. But fortifications remove that issue to an extent, and you can work outwards!

Or even better - create a moat from underground (ramp up, remove ramp, repeat) and then build a tower in the middle of that moat.

EDIT: For safety's sake, suspend that tower on 4x supports, attached to a lever. If they get zombified by a cloud, destroy it!

See? Pincushion zombies!

EDIT: I like the child bait idea! To add to deadliness, make the walls of the corridor into fortifications, and put volunteers with crossbows behind them. Traps can only kill so many before they jam!]

CROSSBOWS!

Im sure the multiple Forgotten Beasts wouldnt mind the construction project. And I think what You meant to say, is that Hed force everyone to essentially kill themself by having a Crossbow.

If a part of it goes down the entire cloud follows, I found this out the hard way once.

Yes.

I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 26, 2012, 08:34:35 pm »

And to the Ramp idea, if You try it, make one heck of an airlock/series of gatehouses on the inside first.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 27, 2012, 01:05:04 am »

I opened up the save and damn, i actually had trouble luring the undead into my atom smashers :'(
But i noticed 2 things that i should repeat for the benefit of people who still seem to think zombies can't break down doors.
1) Trolls break down doors, you have trolls outside and ZOMBIE trolls, who can do the same.
2) All those zombie dwarves outside? They can just open your doors and stroll right through em, unless forbidden, i used this behaviour to lure them into the atom smasher (not terribly successfully actually, i got tired and smashed half the kids i was using as bait also.
I'll assume they're trap avoid too,  like reWild formerly Trained animals.
3) While lots of fun menacing wooden spikes are useless against undead(or undead dwarves at least) , I'm sure the level puller enjoyed spearing The zombie tanner for over a month, and removing all his teeth/limbs/breaking every last piece of his body, But either a killshot isn't possible or he just reanimates again too fast for me to notice.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 27, 2012, 01:44:19 am »

I opened up the save and damn, i actually had trouble luring the undead into my atom smashers :'(
But i noticed 2 things that i should repeat for the benefit of people who still seem to think zombies can't break down doors.
1) Trolls break down doors, you have trolls outside and ZOMBIE trolls, who can do the same.
2) All those zombie dwarves outside? They can just open your doors and stroll right through em, unless forbidden, i used this behaviour to lure them into the atom smasher (not terribly successfully actually, i got tired and smashed half the kids i was using as bait also.
I'll assume they're trap avoid too,  like reWild formerly Trained animals.
3) While lots of fun menacing wooden spikes are useless against undead(or undead dwarves at least) , I'm sure the level puller enjoyed spearing The zombie tanner for over a month, and removing all his teeth/limbs/breaking every last piece of his body, But either a killshot isn't possible or he just reanimates again too fast for me to notice.

Like I say, this aint Your average game ;)

Additionally, for 2, our Population aint great. So those baits are damaging, to say the least, to our society.
Can We have better formulated ideas now?

And where the blazes is Twangykid :D

EDIT: Well, We dont really need better ideas. We already have one amazingly good idea. Pump Stack + Magma.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:46:09 am by Chilton »

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 27, 2012, 01:56:56 am »

Well the game i loaded was before twangy, there was still a fairly sizable population milling around outside which i could heard into the atom smasher :P
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 27, 2012, 02:00:11 am »

Well the game i loaded was before twangy, there was still a fairly sizable population milling around outside which i could heard into the atom smasher :P
...Theres that. :)

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #508 on: April 27, 2012, 08:44:18 am »

Unfortunatly I'll be busy today as well since my friend missed 4-20 so we'll have a 4-27 with him. :P

Twangykid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 27, 2012, 08:57:24 am »

Considering me joining the slowpoke club?

Bitch please.

Also, it's midnight, but I promise to finish the turn by sunrise.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:00:12 am by Twangykid »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 74