Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43

Author Topic: Anyone up for a DF wurm village? READ FIRST POST (No longer active)  (Read 103429 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for a DF wurm village? READ FIRST POST
« Reply #495 on: April 12, 2012, 09:23:07 am »

I've thought about Wurm but was like "pay to play?  I'm cheap!" until I realized that it's like $6.50 a month.  I really loved Haven and Hearth, and many players compare the two, so I'm thinking about Wurm, especially if there's a B12 village...
Girlinhat in wurm?
\o/
Btw, you should try the non-premium first
Its kind of a grinding game. One part of me says 'you should buy premium soon, once a few of your skills are maxed out'
the other part says: 'Pay premium for what? to grind more?'
Anyway, if you come, i'll try and be there to welcome you.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 12, 2012, 09:30:00 am »

I'm getting through the tutorial.  Is there a way to turn the camera up or down?

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 12, 2012, 10:26:51 am »

Dear McTraveller,

We are sorry to apologize to you that were kicked out of the deed due to an administrative error.

Please ask in local or to any villager you know online for reinstatement.

Yours,

evilcherrry

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 12, 2012, 10:41:38 am »

Hmm, I said I'd play before, but I don't want to play a game which takes too many hours a day (unless I feel like it), is it possible for me to help out in some "casual" fashion in this game, e.g. logging in once or twice a day?

EDIT: Hey, looks like i'm lucky number 13 in the OP list ;D Did I mention how much I hate installing Java applications? Now I remember why i didn't play this before.

Not playable! Scratch me off the list, i get a framerate of about 2 frames per second, seem to be standing in the ocean, nothing to see but clouds, can't move or do anything.

I guess a 3GHz machine is below spec for Wurm?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:33:35 pm by Reelya »

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 12, 2012, 12:35:42 pm »

Dear McTraveller,
We are sorry to apologize to you that were kicked out of the deed due to an administrative error.

That was entirely my fault :-[. Many apologies.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 12, 2012, 02:48:16 pm »

Hmm, I said I'd play before, but I don't want to play a game which takes too many hours a day (unless I feel like it), is it possible for me to help out in some "casual" fashion in this game, e.g. logging in once or twice a day?

EDIT: Hey, looks like i'm lucky number 13 in the OP list ;D Did I mention how much I hate installing Java applications? Now I remember why i didn't play this before.

Not playable! Scratch me off the list, i get a framerate of about 2 frames per second, seem to be standing in the ocean, nothing to see but clouds, can't move or do anything.

I guess a 3GHz machine is below spec for Wurm?

Wurm's client is finicky.  Check the Wurm forums for your model video card, and the current version of Java that actually works with the client.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 12, 2012, 05:08:58 pm »

Dear McTraveller,

That was entirely my fault :-[. Many apologies.

Heh - if you guys hadn't mentioned it I probably wouldn't have noticed for a while... I've not tried to log in in a couple days.  At some point I do need to perhaps consider filing a bug report (to be honest, I upgraded the client and my Java right about the same time, so it could have been either one or a combination).
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 13, 2012, 10:52:12 am »

Azated, i think this may be worth adding to the op:

'If the client stops halfway at 'downloading application' but does not freeze, start the java control panel. (javacpl)
Click 'view' at the 'temporary internet files' section at the first tab you see.
There should be something about wurm there. Doubleclick(activate) it, that did the trick for me'

I'm not sure WHY this happend, but it happend, so it may be nice to have in the op so people dont have this problem anymore.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 13, 2012, 03:40:25 pm »

Does anyone know how to get from the Twelfth Bay back to Strongbad?

Also, as shows, I'm in the game too under name Girlinhat.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 13, 2012, 08:57:25 pm »

/suicide if you just respawned at the wrong location.

Seriously, don't even waste half an hour of fun for this. At loe skill levels, 3 actions is what it takes to get back lost skill.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 13, 2012, 09:30:19 pm »

No, but that doesn't let me trade.  Is it really so much to ask to know where I am in the world?  Could it be drawn on the map?

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 14, 2012, 05:52:45 am »

No, but that doesn't let me trade.  Is it really so much to ask to know where I am in the world?  Could it be drawn on the map?
please ask ingame or in an pm.

alternatively, please reverse the instructions taking us to b12.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 14, 2012, 07:48:32 am »

I'll probaly join, sign me up if I may.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 14, 2012, 08:07:36 am »

I used suicide to get to B12 because the instructions didn't make much sense...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 14, 2012, 10:41:07 am »

I used suicide to get to B12 because the instructions didn't make much sense...
I agree with this.

EDIT:

Btw, im not at the list of players, could you add me?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:29:02 am by miauw62 »

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43