Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 43

Author Topic: Anyone up for a DF wurm village? READ FIRST POST (No longer active)  (Read 103434 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for a DF wurm village? READ FIRST POST
« Reply #480 on: April 09, 2012, 02:39:06 am »

Anyway, azated, could you add me to citizens?
Youre in australian timezone, and im in west european timezone, so you may not be on while i am.

I'll try to add you ASAP, but the timezone difference might me a problem.

Thanks azated!

Btw, about half of the perimeter road is paved already.
I had 75  bricks in a small cart (resulting in that i could not pull it anymore) but the cart just dissapeared. it was parked in the cave.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 09, 2012, 03:26:01 am »

While digging the perimeter road, I was ambushed by a Champion Drakespirit. It completely dominated me, and apparently guards alone can't kill it.

It's on the northwestern section, so keep an eye out when moving around there.

EDIT: It decided to explore our village, so it killed a few of us along with all the guards. Twice.

Yeah, we're in big trouble here.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:55:37 am by Azated »
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 09, 2012, 04:30:41 am »

While digging the perimeter road, I was ambushed by a Champion Drakespirit. It completely dominated me, and apparently guards alone can't kill it.

It's on the northwestern section, so keep an eye out when moving around there.

EDIT: It decided to explore our village, so it killed a few of us along with all the guards. Twice.

Yeah, we're in big trouble here.  :-\

It can go trough pallisades and doors, the only safe place is the mine.
If anybody would be kind enough to bring it to the pyramid peak, it would be apreciated.

EDIT:

EETZ DED!
the spirit templars and guards must have pwned it

EDIT2:

Nvm dat, it somehow came back and trapped kuzym and azated in the tunnel and me in the mines.

EDIT3:

Its roaming somewhere near pyramid peak. but not our village, not atm at least

« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:17:30 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 10, 2012, 12:31:55 am »

I'd just like to ask that, while you're free to build around the deed, if you're planning a big project that will affect everyone (like a highway) please let us know. Some of our neighboring deeds aren't comfortable with roads passing by their place, and we don't want to tick anyone off.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.

"You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 10, 2012, 02:36:43 am »

Lame. I lost my internet connection yesterday, and I logged in today with the death screen, so apparently that big giant thingy killed me. What happened to my body? :(

Wiro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 10, 2012, 10:35:28 am »

Killed the drake.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 10, 2012, 10:40:18 am »

Lame. I lost my internet connection yesterday, and I logged in today with the death screen, so apparently that big giant thingy killed me. What happened to my body? :(
I think i buried it.
Not sure.
Was it the first rampage or the second rampage? (or was there a diffrent third rampage?)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 10, 2012, 05:23:47 pm »

Does anyone know what happened to my corpse from last night? It's not where I died at...

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 10, 2012, 08:04:35 pm »

Dear villagers, I would like to start a small (<2x3) brick hut in the vineyard.

The new shack is used for:

- secured (at least in some sense) storage of syrup, grapes and wine
- Storage of tools, including but not limited to sickles, presses, buckets, barrels, etc
- Forge for boiling sap

Will want to ask for you input/questions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 11, 2012, 04:28:01 am »

The new shack is used for:

- secured (at least in some sense) storage of syrup, grapes and wine
- Storage of tools, including but not limited to sickles, presses, buckets, barrels, etc
- Forge for boiling sap

Will want to ask for you input/questions.
So a kind of quick-storage shack to temporarily put stuff in while your working around the outer edges of the deed?

Anyways, i ran into a problem while paving the last part of the perimeter road (animal pen side)
Along tht side, it runs off a cliff for a few tiles, so a bit of terraforming will be needed.
It may not be very smart to put lots of lightning at that side, due to the fact that you can see the tundra and the great sea south of that easily from there.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 11, 2012, 05:24:35 pm »

Grr... ever since the recent client update I can only play for about 5 minutes before a hang or crash to desktop.

:-\
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 11, 2012, 10:33:27 pm »

Grr... ever since the recent client update I can only play for about 5 minutes before a hang or crash to desktop.

:-\
Update your java perhaps?

Or report bug :)

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 12, 2012, 03:01:40 am »

I'm not sure where the vineyard is, but as long as it's outside the perimeter road, you don't even need to ask permission.

Anyways, i ran into a problem while paving the last part of the perimeter road (animal pen side)
Along tht side, it runs off a cliff for a few tiles, so a bit of terraforming will be needed.
It may not be very smart to put lots of lightning at that side, due to the fact that you can see the tundra and the great sea south of that easily from there.

I leveled that cliffside off to several 20 slope tiles, so you should be able to pave there and move over it without taking damage.

I agree with the lighting, too. We can plant a whole bunch of olive trees along that side to conceal them though.

Does anyone know what happened to my corpse from last night? It's not where I died at...

I'm pretty sure someone buried it, but I put all your stuff in a bag where your corpse was and renamed it 'follys corpse'.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:05:46 am by Azated »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 12, 2012, 07:49:12 am »

I asked, since I believe that projects that involves decisions should always get the acknowledgement/ blessing/ support of the community.

In addition I feel it prudent to at least announce you're using 320 kg of mortar.

As a plus I tested the new double doors which work for driven carts.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 12, 2012, 08:21:34 am »

I've thought about Wurm but was like "pay to play?  I'm cheap!" until I realized that it's like $6.50 a month.  I really loved Haven and Hearth, and many players compare the two, so I'm thinking about Wurm, especially if there's a B12 village...
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 43