Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43

Author Topic: Anyone up for a DF wurm village? READ FIRST POST (No longer active)  (Read 103425 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for a DF wurm village? READ FIRST POST
« Reply #465 on: April 06, 2012, 07:05:27 am »

Ye, but it goes uberly quick and races to half or a quarter and then it just freezes, wich is kind of weird. (a bit like AVG scans, it reads at the top in percents, but at some points it scans alot before it goes up a percent, but other parts it scans a few files before continueing)

EDIT:
I want to try this so bad, but it really just freezes in the middle of the progress bar D:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 07:55:19 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 06, 2012, 07:29:50 am »

Dear Mr. Folly, you ruined the Olive Harvest Festival by killing the olive forest.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 06, 2012, 08:17:41 am »

In general I like the roads idea - although I admit I'm not sure if you mean a perimeter road or a set of radial roads?

We'll probably go with a few roads going straight from the deed to allow people to build on.

Dear Mr. Folly, you ruined the Olive Harvest Festival by killing the olive forest.

We have to walk through an olive forest to get to the deed. It's so big that I've actually been lost in it before. :D
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 06, 2012, 08:33:36 am »

So I propose the Trans-pyramid highway project.

Essentially some road linking the 2 nearest destinations of our deed to ourselves.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 06, 2012, 08:36:10 am »

Somebody at the IRC was friendly enough to help me out :D (raidsoft)
Its working now :D

EDIT:
Just gotta change keybinds and im on my way.
EDIT2:
Lol, im lost :3
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:11:25 am by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 06, 2012, 11:08:26 am »

It is probably presumed, but I agree with Azated idea.

Also,  Here is a roughed out suggestion for future road and wall expansion around the deed:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Black is existing walls, red is potential future walls, grey is road.  Of course we these don't have to be as square as they are drawn, and would have to account for terrain, but it could be used as a rough plan to base other plans off from.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 06, 2012, 11:21:37 am »

Essentially some road linking the 2 nearest destinations of our deed to ourselves.
Wait, we have "nearest destinations"?

Mores seriously though, this sounds somewhat reasonable - assuming we want people to easily find the Twelfth Bay.  If we want to remain secluded, this is probably not the best project.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 06, 2012, 05:24:55 pm »

Mores seriously though, this sounds somewhat reasonable - assuming we want people to easily find the Twelfth Bay.  If we want to remain secluded, this is probably not the best project.

There is no hiding communities.  Hermits have a hard time hiding in Wurm.  The PVPers are constantly looking for places to attack, and new-ish communities are good targets.  Expect company if you haven't already paid host to a visit, heh.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 06, 2012, 09:35:07 pm »

I've expanded the perimeter to 15 tiles beyond the deed. The plan is to build a road just outside the perimeter, then add a few central roads jutting off from that, and maybe connecting them in a triangle or square shape. Once we've done this, we can begin building a road to yorkshire, which is our closest neighbor (that I know of)
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.

"You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 06, 2012, 10:15:58 pm »

There is no hiding communities.  Hermits have a hard time hiding in Wurm.  The PVPers are constantly looking for places to attack, and new-ish communities are good targets.  Expect company if you haven't already paid host to a visit, heh.
We are part of the server community now. It is only we don't really participate much in diplomacy.

p.s. the 2 proposed locations are yorkshire and Shock 'n Awe which will act as our dock for the time being.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 05:09:07 am by evilcherry »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 07, 2012, 05:16:21 am »

We are part of the server community now. It is only we don't really participate much in diplomacy.

p.s. the 2 proposed locations are yorkshire and Shock 'n Awe which will act as our dock for the time being.
Good idea, i can barely find our deed.
And i got attacked by a dragon.

EDIT:
I suggest we make a few new maps using http://wurmtools.com/maps/serenity
Thats the location of our settlement, according to kuzym.

EDIT:
I  finally made it!
Also, i noticed that there are some fundaments of a house with an oven and a bed and a bulk storage bin not so far away from our settlement.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 04:00:19 am by miauw62 »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 07, 2012, 11:43:33 am »

Please redact settlement location. Having infrastructure thru a large and a small deed is very different from yelling coordinates.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 07, 2012, 12:27:03 pm »

Okay

Anyway, azated, could you add me to citizens?
Youre in australian timezone, and im in west european timezone, so you may not be on while i am.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 08, 2012, 08:55:30 pm »

I just cleared out the last tile for the perimeter road, half of it is flattened/sloped, just need the rest of it leveled out and paved.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 08, 2012, 11:03:58 pm »

Anyway, azated, could you add me to citizens?
Youre in australian timezone, and im in west european timezone, so you may not be on while i am.

I'll try to add you ASAP, but the timezone difference might me a problem.

I just cleared out the last tile for the perimeter road, half of it is flattened/sloped, just need the rest of it leveled out and paved.

Great, thanks. That'll definitely speed things up a bit.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 43