Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43

Author Topic: Anyone up for a DF wurm village? READ FIRST POST (No longer active)  (Read 103366 times)

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile

The village disbanded months ago, folks. Feel free to read through the posts and get a feel for the epic adventure that was the Bay12 attempt at wurm, or use this thread for anything wurm-related, though.

~~~

So, a few months ago I was playing Wurm every day. I was getting right into it, but eventually my premium time ran out and I never got around to refilling it. Obviously, everything I had is likely gone, so I'd have to start again.

I've been thinking about the game quite alot recently and thought I might get back into it. I had a look on the wurm website and saw, to my joy, that a whole bunch of new servers had been added. In my previous playthrough I had settled on a lonely little island in the northeast portion of the independence and realized that this was probably the reason I never renewed my premium.

Glancing at my bookmark toolbar, I saw the Bay 12 link. I had a brilliant idea; wurm seems like the kind of game alot of you would like, so why not ask around and see if a few of you dorfs would be interested in starting our own little village on one of the new servers.
~~~

Seems we have alot of interest. If you want to join, please post the name you will be using ingame so that other players can contact you. All the info you'll need is below

~~~Wurm Server info~~~

Serenity server of the epic cluster.

~~~Directions to our settlement~~~

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

~~~Rules~~~

~~~Contact info~~~

/tell Azated (Or anyone else) <your message>. If nobody is online, ask for us in the server-wide chat; /shout I'm looking for the bay12 group.

~~~Useful info~~~

Wiki

Map 1
Map 2

~~DF Wurmers~~

Bay12 name first, followed by Wurm name in red italics. Crossed out names are people no longer playing.

0:Azated
  Azated
1: Evilcherry
 Evilcherry
2: Exerosp
3: Dariush
  Dariush

4: coolguy1351
5: Paul
  Conall

6: Labs
  Labs

7: Rilder
  Rilder

8: JamesCorella
  Jamescorella

9: bQt31
10: Urist McScoopbeard
11: Evil Marahadja
12: Jake
13: Reelya
14: The Scout
  NyanScout
15: Scelly
16: Infuriated
17: Greatorder
18: Android
19: evanvolker
  Evanvolker

20: qwertyuiopas
  uristqwerty

21: Mullet Master
22: Goron
23: zombat
24: hemmingjay
  hemmingjay

25: 1piemaster1
  1piemaster1

26: drago55577
  drago55577

27: Sergius
  Sergio

28: Dabi
  Dabeh

29:  Infuriated
  Thc

30: Thendash
  aloyssius

31: Empty
  Empty

32: Twilightwalker
  Twilightwalker

33: Kate
  Kaet
34: Vactor
 Vactor
35: Girlinhat
 Girlinhat
36: Fikes
 Fikes
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 12:04:57 am by Azated »
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone up for a DF wurm village?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 10:34:00 am »

Sounds cool, if more people join, I am in.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 11:23:01 am »

I'm in. Always wanted t try it ut.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 12:30:05 pm »

Is there any sense (or possiblity, for that matter) in playing for free?

coolguy1351

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 12:57:22 pm »

There is. Playing for free is still tons of fun.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 01:05:35 pm »

I used to play, but I don't really like the game's income model.

Subscription is one thing - I'd gladly pay a subscription to a good mmo. But selling the in-game currency through the shop, and making the economy rely on people buying that currency (since it's the only way to inject more money into the game, which is constantly being removed from money sinks) isn't ideal imo.

I guess it probably works out good for them, since they get a steady inflow of money above and beyond their subscription fees, but I never really liked systems that gave advantages to people willing to spend more real money on a game.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 01:37:48 pm »

Sounds cool, if more people join, I am in.

Great! We'd need more than a few people to make it worthwhile.

Is there any sense (or possiblity, for that matter) in playing for free?

You can play for free, but only on some of the servers and you're limited to level 20 in the skills you can use, along with not being able to perform some actions.

I know exactly how you feel. However, the economy is very stable despite this (at least i was when I played, before the new servers). The value of the currency is entirely determined by the players who make and sell items to other players using the skills and items they themselves have worked hard to obtain. In fact, the only three hardcoded costs are deeds, rent for those deeds and the option to buy premium time with ingame money.

It's definitely not like some other games where you can start a character, spend a few dollars in the online store and instantly be more powerful than people who play every day.

There is also a limit on how much money you can buy. If you bought as much as possible, you'd hardly have enough to buy a full suit of armor worthy of the name. There's also the fact that having that suit of armor isn't enough to make you uberkiller123, you need the skill to use it effectively.

Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 01:44:23 pm »

I'm in. I finally have the time and money I'd be willing to invest in this. I've been playing on and off for around 7 years.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 02:27:47 pm »

Is there supposed to be some kind of way we group up or something?

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 02:47:30 pm »

I used to play back in the day but graphic card issues on my old computer prevented me from any sort of meaningful play, however since that computer isn't being used anymore I doubt thats an issue.  So I might be willing to check it out again at some point, which server would we play on?
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

JamesCorella

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Account Lets Plays
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 03:04:26 pm »

I'll join the DF village. :D

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 03:15:37 pm »

Well, I'll join too if you won't mind the fact that I'm a freeloader. :D

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 03:25:47 pm »

So where'd everyone join up? I don't know much about this. But seems like I joined Horde Of The Summoned.

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 07:58:55 pm »

I want in too! Never succeed to motivate my friends to play wurm, here is my chance to finally try it

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 08:43:00 pm »

Hey, did they ever get around to making the graphical side of this game not-horrible? or at least add some more animations?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:45:09 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43