Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191509 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #1230 on: March 18, 2013, 03:51:28 pm »

REVENGE IS OURS!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: March 18, 2013, 03:54:05 pm »

I have to say some of the comments are funny.

I wonder if I should pay for the story DLC to that story.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 18, 2013, 04:10:24 pm »

YES! YES! YEEEEES!

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 18, 2013, 04:11:28 pm »

Man wasn't 2007 (When this guy stepped in) When EA went from merely an asshole to the fucking Epitome of everything wrong with the industry?

Or has Eurasia always been at war with Oceana?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 18, 2013, 04:12:14 pm »

YES! YES! YEEEEES!

"You there boy, what day is it?"

"Why it is Christmas Day"

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 18, 2013, 04:22:58 pm »

I have the feeling someone's being scapegoated. I'm not convinced till EA's policies actually change.

rcmgames

• Bay Watcher
  • Woop woop!
    • View Profile
    • Ryan C Michaels
« Reply #1236 on: March 18, 2013, 05:02:37 pm »

Quote from: Dumbass Maxis GM Lucy Bradshaw
So, could we have built a subset offline mode? Yes. But we rejected that idea because it didn't fit with our vision. We did not focus on the "single city in isolation" that we have delivered in past SimCities. We recognize that there are fans – people who love the original SimCity – who want that. But we're also hearing from thousands of people who are playing across regions, trading, communicating and loving the Always-Connected functionality. The SimCity we delivered captures the magic of its heritage but catches up with ever-improving technology.

Wow. Am I reading this wrong; is this a joke? So you're siding with the 'thousands' of people, and REJECTING the uncountable, enormous population of people who played previous SimCity games and loved them??
Check out my Dwarf Fortress LP!

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 18, 2013, 05:24:34 pm »

Man wasn't 2007 (When this guy stepped in) When EA went from merely an asshole to the fucking Epitome of everything wrong with the industry?

Riccitiello has been involved with EA since 1997.  He was President and COO from 1997 to 2004, when he left to co-found Elevation Partners he engaged a long term acquisition mission to get Bioware into EA's clutches, a time during which he was not officially employed by EA.  Upon his "return" in 2007, he was made CEO.

And really, EA has been earning its reputation for VG industry shenanigans since 1991, when Trip Hawkins stopped being involved in day-to-day operations.  It just took several years for the patterns to emerge, and several more years until EA started blatantly teabagging their customers at every opportunity.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: March 18, 2013, 05:29:39 pm »

YES! YES! YEEEEES!

"You there boy, what day is it?"

"Why it is Christmas Day"

Indeed it is. I'm happy that EA is suffering.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 18, 2013, 06:04:52 pm »

I have the feeling someone's being scapegoated. I'm not convinced till EA's policies actually change.

No big corporation is run by just one man, at any rate. The hydra just lost one of its many heads. I doubt its ongoing policy will be significantly affected just because the CEO left.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: March 18, 2013, 06:20:23 pm »

The CEO does, however, set the course of the ship. The reason that there are enough people in EA to allow this sort of bad decision making is because the guy higher up fostered those ideals.
With a new CEO people with be in flux, and look for new ideals to appease their dark master, perhaps ideals that don't suck.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: March 18, 2013, 06:44:04 pm »

No big corporation is run by just one man, at any rate. The hydra just lost one of its many heads. I doubt its ongoing policy will be significantly affected just because the CEO left.
No but it shows there is trouble in paradise. Now to see if they actualy LEARNED something is a completly new story.... There was a saying in BSG. It already happent in the past and is bound to happen again....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1242 on: March 18, 2013, 06:53:30 pm »

Like what, dude? I could be persuaded to trade!

Unfortunately, from reading the FAQ about it the game is added to the account of the person who redeems the free game - and that person has to also have SimCity installed and associated with their account.

Oh well.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: March 19, 2013, 06:22:36 am »

ONE DAY someone will make a city simulator with vector-based roads that isn't terrible.

When you say vector-based roads, do you mean the free placement that allows? Or something else?
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 19, 2013, 06:24:37 am »

ONE DAY someone will make a city simulator with vector-based roads that isn't terrible.

When you say vector-based roads, do you mean the free placement that allows? Or something else?

It's a pathfinding thing.
Look up graph theory.
or am I confusing vertices with vectors? or are you? actually, I think you meant vertices.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 98