Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191436 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #1260 on: March 19, 2013, 02:50:52 pm »

And yet cleverbot gives a more convincing imitation of intelligence than actual EA support.

Spoiler: for example (click to show/hide)

IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 03:05:55 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 19, 2013, 03:03:39 pm »

I have both really good and really bad experience with EA customer support

One time I lost my CD key but I registered the game. So I got my CD-key back fast and without any hastle within minutes at no cost. I was quite pleased.

And another time I had a really terrible bug in The Sims 3 and they didn't know what I was refering to, they didn't know how to fix it, and I had to go to the forums themselves to find out what the issue was (To get mummies you need 5 canopic jars, but if you have 6 or more when you try to do it, you freeze the coffin).

Guess what that glitch is STILL in the game!

So if you ever wonder why I criticise EA's ability to fix their own games. It comes purely from The Sims 3 and their common bugs that anyone can access that are still in the game years later.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 03:05:26 pm by Neonivek »

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 19, 2013, 03:20:56 pm »

And yet cleverbot gives a more convincing imitation of intelligence than actual EA support.

IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!

That is classic. Way better than mine.

"I do not need to impress you. I must only impress my inner-self."

That should be EA's slogan.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: March 19, 2013, 03:31:43 pm »

IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!

That is classic. Way better than mine.

"I do not need to impress you. I must only impress my inner-self."

That should be EA's slogan.

Yeah, that part sounded kinda like their whole talk about 'sticking to their idea' (that was there from the beginning. Whatever.)

WHAT IF Bradshaw is actually a super-advanced version of Cleverbot developed by EA to deal with customers? I mean, it would kinda explain a lot. </conspiracykeanu>
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: March 19, 2013, 04:03:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That was awfully normal. What the hell happened to Cleverbot?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: March 19, 2013, 04:17:55 pm »

Cleverbot equals the average cleverbot user, which kinda equals the average internet user.

So the question is:

What happened to the internet.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: March 19, 2013, 04:38:34 pm »

Cleverbot equals the average cleverbot user, which kinda equals the average internet user.

So the question is:

What happened to the internet.

Oh. My. God.

SOUND THE ALARM! THE INTERNET IS BECOMING NORMAL! DO NOT LET IT SPREEEEEAD!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: March 19, 2013, 05:43:38 pm »

Good news is they improved the traffic system, they now weight it if im right. BUT now... bus seem to be stuck every other bus stop making the traffic jam right behind them.... THAT FACK DAMMIT....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: March 19, 2013, 05:48:01 pm »

bus seem to be stuck every other bus stop making the traffic jam right behind them.... THAT FACK DAMMIT....

Sounds like the first thing they got right as far as realism, goddamn NYC transit system.  :P

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: March 19, 2013, 05:54:44 pm »

bus seem to be stuck every other bus stop making the traffic jam right behind them.... THAT FACK DAMMIT....

Sounds like the first thing they got right as far as realism, goddamn NYC transit system.  :P

Yeah, sounds like everythings working as normal :P

By the way, is there a Bay12 region? If so, which server?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 19, 2013, 06:28:19 pm »

Well im in one with a few on US west 2, invite me jocan2003 on origin
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1271 on: March 20, 2013, 11:58:55 pm »

So I don't really know the general feel people have for the game as I totally am not going to bother reading the last few pages of the thread but I have something that might interest people here. Three Moves Ahead, a strategy game podcast, did an interesting dissection of the game. I from an outsider point of view (can't afford to just buy games and what not though some youtube LPs have been watched) it seems to hit a lot of things I have noticed. Anyway the episode is here.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: March 21, 2013, 03:56:38 am »

Well to be honest friend, general feel is ppl are pissed off in general on multiple front, mainly DRM and bug, a ittle bit sad about the stripping down. But if you are NOT a hardcore fan of sim city you WILL enjoy the game, if you are a hardcore fan of the sim city genre, well you might be disapointed on multiple front.

Thats basicly the general feel of the game right now. Game still need lots of improvement specially on traffic AI. ( Train/streecar/bus getting stuck a stops o.O, and the agents (sims) all moving to the closest place even if there is only 1 place remaining and there is 60 at the same place, they will ALL move there before going somewhere else, jamming the road needlessly, they need to use a *reservation* system.

Give it again a month and you will like the game.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: March 21, 2013, 06:57:02 am »

So I just jumped into my first city, and didn't actually notice about the whole wind direction thing until -after- placing my industrial zone. Whoops. :P
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 21, 2013, 09:19:28 am »

I found it was a lot of fun for the first week, and I got my money out of it as I was pretty much playing 2-3 hours a day. But I haven't really felt the urge to go back to it.
It's very easy to have done everything or gotten into situations that even through every disaster at once won't noticeably cause trouble.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 98