Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 8 (12/13) - Night 1: Trouble  (Read 33617 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 8 (13/13) - Day 1: Start
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2012, 06:43:04 pm »

Shakerag: Your plan to give yourself a revive hinges on you actually surviving the night. What makes you think scum will let you survive the night?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2012, 07:07:29 pm »

Can we lynch Pranz today instead of waiting for tomorrow, after Shakerag gets lynched?

Not that I have any love of Shakerag, but let's be a little proactive, people. Who doubts that that's not going to happen if the votes as they currently stand go through?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2012, 07:52:23 pm »

I'll be expecting a real answer when you finish.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2012, 08:35:33 pm »

Well, now that I'm done with Hellcannon, I'll have more time for mafia.
Maybe you could answer me then?

I tried to get my posts to point to those I thought as scum, but if you want an engraved invitation, vote Caz or Pranz please, Leafsnail.
You eventually hit those guys as an afterthought, I guess.  Without any case.

I'm getting less convinced by your excuses for voting yourself too.  Originally you said you didn't have strong enough suspicions.  But now you seem to?  Why jump the gun and vote yourself earlier when you knew your choice would be locked in place?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2012, 09:10:06 pm »

Penngo:
Your vote can stay on me for all I care.
That was the right answer... but:

penngo009:  What's the scummiest thing you've seen so far, and why aren't you voting the person who said it?
This is pretty much out of the question, but I really don't like the claiming. It probable will easily screw us up in the end. I would consider who I vote a lot for vote reflections, though.
That's not much of an answer. You need to actively look for scum, not just passively half-answer questions posed at you. Otherwise my vote stays on you.

Jim:
Regarding Pranz, you first said this:
When it comes to players with little experience I assume 'stupid retarded newbie move' before 'horrible blatantly scum move.'
...then switched to this after his "oh shit I slipped, and I don't believe him" post:
Have it your way. Unvote, Pranz.
Is your 'stupid retarded newbie move' tolerance a one-strike thing, or do you have a scum read on him after that answer?

I'm not lurking. So how can I be lurking strategically?
So, four content posts in almost a week is normal levels of activity for you?
It's called school, jackass. Lay off.
Oh Pandarsenic! How I've missed you. (just kidding) Seriously, of course we are all sometimes busy, and it's fine. What makes it noteworthy is not that you were busy/away, but that your response was "I wasn't lurking"; if you had merely said "I've been busy" instead, I wouldn't have pushed. Don't blame a bloke for noticing changes in patterns, and bringing them up when they seem relevant or contradictory.

Now you're changing your story. First, I pressed him. Now, I prompted him. Which is it, Bookthras?
Pressed, prompted, pushed, pressured, coaxed, convinced, or cajoled is not the point. Your actions caused his, and culminated in the claim. But I won't belabour the point. You want to appear as an innocent bystander on that; I don't buy it, but it's not you who needs to see it.

Native:
Bookthras: [...] Been busy the past few days, I'll scrounge up something better soon-ish.
And yet, you haven't. Please give us something more solid. Your top three picks would be nice. Also, what do you make of Jim's request of lynching Pranz today?

Tolyk:
Your vote on Toaster was a while ago during RVS. Do you have a scum read on him? If so, why aren't you pushing him? if not, who are your top picks? What's your opinion of Dariush and McArathos?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2012, 12:39:48 am »

Is your 'stupid retarded newbie move' tolerance a one-strike thing, or do you have a scum read on him after that answer?

His answer was scummy. He wanted to vote Shakerag and tried to come up with reasons after the fact, instead of getting a read on Shakerag and then coming up with an argument against him. I don't believe that he doesn't believe his claim and I doubt he has a good explanation for why Shakerag shouldn't have claimed.

What makes it noteworthy is not that you were busy/away, but that your response was "I wasn't lurking"; if you had merely said "I've been busy" instead, I wouldn't have pushed.

But I'm still not lurking so I don't see your point.

Unless you want to count time spent doing homework and otherwise not posting lurking, in which case, fuck you.

You can't make an accusation and then go, "HRRRRM HOW NOTEWORTHY" if I deny it and then say that's some kind of tell.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2012, 08:45:07 am »

If you're sure enough to vote someone and call someone else suspicious, why are you asking me RVS-style questions?

There's surely more than one scum about.

Just so I understand this - if whoever Shakerag votes isn't lynched, they get a revive that night only? Or is it the night after that? If the second, it doesn't seem that useful, especially since he's announced it to everyone.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2012, 09:15:37 am »

Caz:

While true, let me emphasize one particular part of my question:

If you're sure enough to vote someone and call someone else suspicious, why are you asking me RVS-style questions?

There's enough content to move beyond that at this point.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2012, 09:57:20 am »

Toaster:
Shakerag:  I get why you're voting yourself, but given that Pranz would be only one vote behind the leader (in player votes, not actual vote counts), why not actually vote for him and try to get him lynched?  You said yourself that you wanted him to hang.

Given how my vote power works, I want to be very careful about where I'm leaving it.  Because of my RL situation, I'm prone to becoming unavailable for possibly lengthy periods of time (work, household stuff, narcolepsy).  But, after I finish with this post I'll see how the votes stand.

NativeForeigner:
Shakerag: Your plan to give yourself a revive hinges on you actually surviving the night. What makes you think scum will let you survive the night?

Off the top of my head, I can think of two:  One is to generate WIFOM.  "Why didn't the scum NK him?  Maybe because he *is* scum!"  The second would be because the scumteam would like to get me to target one or more of them with my ability. 

Leafsnail:
I'm getting less convinced by your excuses for voting yourself too.  Originally you said you didn't have strong enough suspicions.  But now you seem to?  Why jump the gun and vote yourself earlier when you knew your choice would be locked in place?

Yes, I do have suspicions now, but for reasons mentioned above, I'm going to be careful about whom I vote.  I don't understand why you believe my "choice would be locked in place" though.

Bookthras:  You have had some interesting things to say about Jim.  I'm a little surprised you're not voting him over penngo.  (As an aside, if you two are scumbuddies [not that I necessarily suspect that], I'm going to have a hearty laugh when this is all over).

Caz:
Just so I understand this - if whoever Shakerag votes isn't lynched, they get a revive that night only? Or is it the night after that? If the second, it doesn't seem that useful, especially since he's announced it to everyone.

From what I understand, it works like this:  I vote Bob on D2.  Bob isn't lynched D2.  Bob survives N2.  At the start of D3, Bob now has a one-shot auto-revive that lasts until triggered.  Bob can not get another one-shot auto-revive from me for the rest of the game.  Is that clear enough, or should I try again, but with crayons? 

Hmm.  Unvote for now.  I need a little more time to look things over.  Votecount too, please.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2012, 10:03:36 am »

Caz:

While true, let me emphasize one particular part of my question:

There's enough content to move beyond that at this point.

Oh, okay. RVS is random voting/questions, right?

should I try again, but with crayons? 

It would make things more colourful, but I think I understand. Whoever you vote will never last out the night though, unless they're scum.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 16, 2012, 10:24:33 am »

Shakerag:
Given how my vote power works, I want to be very careful about where I'm leaving it.  Because of my RL situation, I'm prone to becoming unavailable for possibly lengthy periods of time (work, household stuff, narcolepsy).  But, after I finish with this post I'll see how the votes stand.

-SNIP-

Hmm.  Unvote for now.  I need a little more time to look things over.  Votecount too, please.

Bullshit.  Either your vote doesn't do what you claimed it did or you're afraid of getting lynched.  Either option makes you a scummy scumbag.

Caz:
Oh, okay. RVS is random voting/questions, right?

Aye.  It's used to get the game started for lack of better ideas.

It would make things more colourful, but I think I understand. Whoever you vote will never last out the night though, unless they're scum.

Or the scum didn't kill them to make you think they were scum.  You can go ahead and drop that line of thinking now- it'll get you nowhere.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 16, 2012, 10:36:11 am »

Toaster:
Bullshit.  Either your vote doesn't do what you claimed it did or you're afraid of getting lynched.  Either option makes you a scummy scumbag.

Care to elaborate?  What would lead you do think my vote doesn't do what I claimed it did? 

And, frankly, who would want to get lynched outside of a Jester?  Your response isn't making any sense to me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 16, 2012, 10:57:33 am »

Shakerag:  Simple.  You claimed to vote yourself earlier to gain the benefit of the side effect of your vote.  You then unvote yourself after your self-serving move gets you flak.  If you really wanted the claimed benefit of your vote, why unvote instead of trying to get someone else lynched?  Why not vote Pranz who you said, in your words, to "Please hang?"   No, you're not interested in where your vote actually goes, and your actions are very inconsistent with your claims.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2012, 07:03:19 pm »

Webadict: I'll be away for the weekend.  At a debating competition, oddly enough.

Yes, I do have suspicions now, but for reasons mentioned above, I'm going to be careful about whom I vote.  I don't understand why you believe my "choice would be locked in place" though.
I misremembered what "permanent voter" means.  Although now I remember I see your move as even more dubious.

As far as I can tell, if you're town, then you having a vote stuck on you at lylo would make your team lose (scum lynch you then kill someone for the win).  Wheras as scum having a vote on you would allow you to 100% win (if you're lynched you're still alive and get the kill).  In other words, your action only makes sense as scum unless you thought it through extremely poorly.

What you really should be doing is voting someone you think is scum so they get lynched and your permanent vote doesn't fuck town over at lylo.

Why be dishonest about why you're unvoting?  You don't want to be lynched, right?  So why handwave that with "I need more time"?  And why not vote the guy you called scum earlier?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 16, 2012, 08:41:37 pm »

Bookthras: Shakerag for his vote shenanigans, not voting Pranz but asking him to go hang, and apparently being okay with generating WIFOM. Caz for ignorance of what's happening in the thread, and I don't have a third right now. As for Jim, not sure what to think yet. I'm a bit preoccupied.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12