Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 8 (12/13) - Night 1: Trouble  (Read 33611 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 8 (13/13) - Day 1: Start
« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2012, 05:12:28 pm »

Shakerag If you vote yourself you obviously don't care about winning.

Pranz seems to be a bit suspicious as well.

Toaster, if you were scum, when would you be rooting for a massclaim?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2012, 05:17:22 pm »

Can't tell if scum or hopelessly imperceptive. 

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2012, 05:33:58 pm »

A better counter post could have been made.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2012, 06:18:14 pm »

Quote from: Shakerag
Is there something more you'd like to say?

Nope. I think my message didn't come across the correct way. It is a good idea to vote yourself as a fairy voter because then mafia will not try to NK you. :P
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2012, 08:03:51 pm »

Softballing your scumbuddy much? 

When it comes to players with little experience I assume 'stupid retarded newbie move' before 'horrible blatantly scum move.'

I'm not lurking. So how can I be lurking strategically?
So, four content posts in almost a week is normal levels of activity for you?

It's called school, jackass. Lay off.

If I had all the free time in the world, I would be sure that I spent every moment here, arguing with you endlessly about completely inconsequential games of mafia. I can't imagine a funner or more worthwhile way to spend my time, except possibly purgatory.

I didn't do shit, and I certainly didn't press him to claim. It's ridiculous to hold me responsible for people claiming if they do so in response to my reasoning and arguments on the subject.
This is what you said:
What's whether somebody's town got to do with your vote? [followed by] If my power was helpful, I'd claim so that people would understand why I'm not voting my top suspect.
This prompted him to claim. You certainly expressed curiosity explicitly about his vote power, and your "reasoning and arguments" are what convinced him to claim. It's not "I didn't do shit", is it? Now that you've seen his claim, do you think he should have made it? Why don't you take responsibility for (indirectly, but clearly) suggesting he should claim?

Now you're changing your story. First, I pressed him. Now, I prompted him. Which is it, Bookthras?

And your quote is misleading: You make it seem that my statement about claiming a helpful vote related role was in response to something in an exchange I had with Shakerag, which is not the case. That statement was in response to a hypothetical question you asked me, or did you forget? Way to continue misrepresenting all my actions.

If you're suggesting that I'm scummy because somebody read my response to your hypothetical question and claimed because of it, that's utter lunacy. If somebody reads my responses and agrees with my reasoning and claims because of it, what the hell did I have to do with that? What the hell am I supposed to do about that? Not answer your questions, because somebody might role claim because of it? Complete and utter lunacy.

Now that you've seen his claim, do you think he should have made it?

Since it's reasonable to think that there probably won't be very many or any killing roles besides the standard mafia kill, I don't think it really matters all that much if he casts his vote for scum, since it won't be very useful for them.

If he wants to be very active with his power, then claiming is a necessity, as he'd have a hard time explaining why he was voting people he thought were town without giving too much of his role away. Really, it'd be impossible to keep a secret at that point. And he has to deal with being a permanent voter as well, which more than likely would have come out on its own anyway.

So, overall, yeah I think he should have claimed.

Why don't you take responsibility for (indirectly, but clearly) suggesting he should claim?
I didn't do shit.

No.

Oh shit i slipped, you can hang me now.

Have it your way. Unvote, Pranz.

I don't think shakerag should have claimed at all and i don't really believe him fully.

Liar. You completely believe his claim. You just want his role gone.

Why shouldn't he have claimed?

So what about Shakerag's role claim and his vote makes you think he doesn't care about winning?

Because it all looks obvious enough to me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2012, 08:11:07 pm »

He votes himself because he actually wants to win, read.

If the person I voted for didn't get lynched, and survived the night, then they get a one-shot auto-revive.  Each player can only get this effect once.

He wants that.....
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Vote Report
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2012, 08:15:49 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Dariush -
Toaster - TolyK,
Jim Groovester -
NativeForeigner - Toaster,
Urist_McArathos - Leafsnail,
TolyK -
Bookthras - penngo009,
_DivideByZero_ -
penngo009 - Bookthras,
Caz -
Shakerag - Shakerag, Pranz, Caz,
Pranz - Jim Groovester,
Leafsnail -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - NativeForeigner, _DivideByZero_, Dariush, Urist_McArathos,

Extension - TolyK,
Shorten -

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central. 3 To Extend. 7 To Shorten.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2012, 08:19:41 pm »

Extend.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2012, 08:50:54 pm »

Extend
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2012, 09:26:28 pm »

Extend.

This is bad Dariush.  It's like you're unwilling to give an answer to a simple question because you're worried about being caught in a contradiction later.
Uh, contradiction? The question is on the level of 'whom would you kill tonight'. No matter how I answer, it would be possible to twist it using WIFOM.
What?  Whaaaat?  Why is it a problem if the answer could be "twisted using WIFOM"?  You can just point out that your answer is being twisted with WIFOM if it is.  And I'm pretty sure you can twist anything with WIFOM, so if you want to avoid that you'd just have to say nothing at all.

Leafsnail: sure.  Leafsnail Urist McArathos Mod, votecount please
Thanks. Unvote.

So ... kind of a double-edged sword, yeah?  So, since I don't have a terribly strong town read on anyone yet, Shakerag.
The fact that you have an ability that means you don't want to vote your suspicion doesn't excuse you from having suspicions and at least telling other people to vote for someone.  This seems like a bad excuse to lurk and use an ability that helps yourself.

Quote from: Shakerag
Is there something more you'd like to say?

Nope. I think my message didn't come across the correct way. It is a good idea to vote yourself as a fairy voter because then mafia will not try to NK you. :P
This is bad, DivideByZero.  I don't get why you're making Shakerag's case for him.  I guess you were hoping not to offend anyone by being so passive and going along with him?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Report
« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2012, 10:49:48 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Dariush -
Toaster - TolyK,
Jim Groovester -
NativeForeigner - Toaster,
Urist_McArathos -
TolyK -
Bookthras - penngo009,
_DivideByZero_ - Leafsnail,
penngo009 - Bookthras,
Caz -
Shakerag - Shakerag, Pranz, Caz,
Pranz - Jim Groovester,
Leafsnail -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - NativeForeigner, _DivideByZero_, Dariush, Urist_McArathos,

Extension -
Shorten -

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central. 3 To Extend. 7 To Shorten.

Day Extended to Friday.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2012, 08:11:06 am »

Well, now that I'm done with Hellcannon, I'll have more time for mafia.

Dariush: Your answers have felt dodgy so far, and you must be a waiter, because it looks like you're showing everyone the wine list.  Any good reason why you haven't been tossing accusations of hircine copulation about?
Where did you see wine? And I haven't called anyone a goatfucker because nobody has expressed goatfucking tendencies so far in this game.

Also, vote shakerag. Why would you claim a role that's useless when scum knows it power?
Wait what? How does scum knowing the target has a revive makes it useless?

Caz, why aren't you reading the thread?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2012, 09:45:20 am »

Pranz:
Oh shit i slipped, you can hang me now.

Here's to hoping you get your wish.

Quote from: Pranz
Not neccesarily. Someone who are usually very keen on answering and asking questions but then suddenly try to avoid questions or gives an undirect answer is scummy. Don't know much about penngo, but considering he's been lurking since this post way back, while he's very pressured is suspicious.

So your plan is to just avoid questions and give indirect answers all game so as to appear consistent.  I see.  Please hang.

Caz:

A better counter post could have been made.

A better original post could have been made.  And by better I mean read the fucking thread of the game you're playing, of course.  Unless you're making a poor attempt at mislynching me, because then you can swing with your scumbuddy Pranz. 

Jim:
Softballing your scumbuddy much? 

When it comes to players with little experience I assume 'stupid retarded newbie move' before 'horrible blatantly scum move.'

Still, this isn't a beginners' game.  Even if that's what you really think, I would have expected a little more pressure with what you said. 

Leafsnail:
So ... kind of a double-edged sword, yeah?  So, since I don't have a terribly strong town read on anyone yet, Shakerag.
The fact that you have an ability that means you don't want to vote your suspicion doesn't excuse you from having suspicions and at least telling other people to vote for someone.  This seems like a bad excuse to lurk and use an ability that helps yourself.

I tried to get my posts to point to those I thought as scum, but if you want an engraved invitation, vote Caz or Pranz please, Leafsnail. 

Dariush:
Dariush: Your answers have felt dodgy so far, and you must be a waiter, because it looks like you're showing everyone the wine list.  Any good reason why you haven't been tossing accusations of hircine copulation about?
Where did you see wine? And I haven't called anyone a goatfucker because nobody has expressed goatfucking tendencies so far in this game.

You just dodged two questions with the excuse that your answers would be twisted with WIFOM.  It's like some pre-emptive wine defense.  It just felt a little sleezy to me is all.  And my second point is more to focus on the fact that you really haven't been going after anyone this game; you've played much more passively.  Is there a reason for that?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2012, 03:11:16 pm »

Caz:
Pranz seems to be a bit suspicious as well.

Toaster, if you were scum, when would you be rooting for a massclaim?

Why?

When I thought it would benefit my team the most.  If I didn't think it would, I would just wait until one happened then go along with it.

If you're sure enough to vote someone and call someone else suspicious, why are you asking me RVS-style questions?

Shakerag:  I get why you're voting yourself, but given that Pranz would be only one vote behind the leader (in player votes, not actual vote counts), why not actually vote for him and try to get him lynched?  You said yourself that you wanted him to hang.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2012, 04:24:53 pm »

Yeah so I can't read. Only had a few mins to skim the thread in the last few days so excuse me. Unvote

Should be able to be more active soon.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12