Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 8 (12/13) - Night 1: Trouble  (Read 33619 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 8 (13/13) - Day 1: Start
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2012, 12:25:42 pm »

If you're full claiming, what's a fairy voter?  I know what permanent voter is.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2012, 01:02:50 pm »

If people are going to obliquely mention their role as an explanation for their actions, I see no problem with asking for a little more detail to see that their reasoning behind their decision is sound.
So your "do explain" wasn't asking him to explain his role power? merely asking for "a little more detail"? No, you are intentionally baiting him into explaining the specifics of his power, and that's how he interpreted it on his reply. If you wanted to ask about his motivations, you would have phrased that differently.

And it's one thing answering a question about which roles should claim on Day 1 (which I did do), and an entirely different thing to ask roles to claim (which I did not do). Why are you misrepresenting my actions, Bookthras?
That's somewhat fair. I remembered you saying this:
At the very least, double or triple voters should consider claiming, so we can consciously avoid ties and therefore letting multiple lynches happen.
...but I missed that it was in reply to a question. On the other hand, at least one person claimed double-voter in reaction to it, which I think was premature. While I did miss the "reply to a question" aspect, I still think you are much too curious about people's roles this early. I don't agree that early claims are particularly helpful, as the only thing they do is narrow the target field for scum kills.

But this wasn't the only two times this happened. You also indirectly fished for Shakrerag's detailed powers earlier. That's three (well, two-and-a-half, given the question thing) out of your whooping total of four posts with content in the entire game. You are not a lurker, Jim, unless it's strategy. Which alignment would lurk as strategy? Yeah, the same that wants some clarity on targeting.

PPE: And Shakerag claimed, just as you pressed him to do, Jim. Good job.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Report
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2012, 01:28:14 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Dariush -
Toaster - TolyK,
Jim Groovester -
NativeForeigner - Toaster,
Urist_McArathos - Leafsnail, Urist_McArathos,
TolyK -
Bookthras - Jim Groovester, penngo009,
_DivideByZero_ -
penngo009 - Bookthras,
Caz -
Shakerag -
Pranz -
Leafsnail - Urist_McArathos,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - NativeForeigner, _DivideByZero_, Caz, Shakerag, Pranz, Dariush,

Extension - TolyK,
Shorten -

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central. 3 To Extend. 7 To Shorten.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:13:31 pm by webadict »

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2012, 01:55:07 pm »

If you're full claiming, what's a fairy voter?  I know what permanent voter is.

If the person I voted for didn't get lynched, and survived the night, then they get a one-shot auto-revive.  Each player can only get this effect once. 

So ... kind of a double-edged sword, yeah?  So, since I don't have a terribly strong town read on anyone yet, Shakerag.

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2012, 02:11:57 pm »

Pranz:
Pranz: you failed to answer my question.
Something that strengthens relative to the votes on me. Like auto-selfvote, me being able to redirect their votes on my target.
You are approaching similar levels of failure. Read the linked post again. You will notice it had two questions, which I asked you to answer. You answered only the first one. Why?

Dunno how i missed that one. I would kill you for being a pain in the arse.

Also, vote shakerag. Why would you claim a role that's useless when scum knows it power?
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2012, 02:20:32 pm »

...but I missed that it was in reply to a question. On the other hand, at least one person claimed double-voter in reaction to it, which I think was premature. While I did miss the "reply to a question" aspect, I still think you are much too curious about people's roles this early. I don't agree that early claims are particularly helpful, as the only thing they do is narrow the target field for scum kills.

"Well, I'm wrong. Buuuut I'm not going to change my mind."

Classic.

But this wasn't the only two times this happened. You also indirectly fished for Shakrerag's detailed powers earlier. That's three (well, two-and-a-half, given the question thing) out of your whooping total of four posts with content in the entire game. You are not a lurker, Jim, unless it's strategy. Which alignment would lurk as strategy? Yeah, the same that wants some clarity on targeting.

I'm not lurking. So how can I be lurking strategically?

It's like your making accusations that don't hold any water.

PPE: And Shakerag claimed, just as you pressed him to do, Jim. Good job.

I didn't do shit, and I certainly didn't press him to claim. How much more are you going to misrepresent everything I do or say?

It's ridiculous to hold me responsible for people claiming if they do so in response to my reasoning and arguments on the subject.

Also, vote shakerag. Why would you claim a role that's useless when scum knows it power?

This vote doesn't make any sense.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2012, 02:27:12 pm »

Unvote Unvote.  I'm still technically tied with Shakerag as of this post though, just FYI.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2012, 02:48:50 pm »

I see.

Extend.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2012, 02:55:16 pm »

Voting yourself... how creative.

I'm not terribly suspicious on anyone just yet. Except for Pranz.

Pranz: He was pressed to. I'd like to know what exactly about him makes him suspicious. Because if his role truly is fairy voter, then he would have no choice but to lie (and be accused later--not sure if that can happen in VM) or to tell his role. Or be quiet, but then he would still be suspicious.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2012, 03:06:44 pm »

Jim:

This vote doesn't make any sense.

Softballing your scumbuddy much? 

_DivideByZero_:
Voting yourself... how creative.

Is there something more you'd like to say?

Pranz: Is this your first time being on the scumteam?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2012, 03:15:54 pm »

Pranz:
Oh, how clever. Well, at least you answered. Let me ask you one more: Do you think failing to answer questions when pressed is scummy? What's your read on Penngo?

Do you vote him because he claimed a role that is beneficial to those he votes? Or because you think his claim is false? Do you want him to hang? If so, why?

Jim:
"Well, I'm wrong. Buuuut I'm not going to change my mind."
I missed the question part of your claim request, sure, but I'm not wrong: you did say "at least triple and double voters should consider claiming", didn't you? You did ask Tolyk to explain his role power, and press Shakerag as well. As I said, in three out of your (then) four posts, you have indicated that people should claim, as a result of which two have, and one explicitly said "I know you want me to claim, but I won't." I still find your levels of curiosity about powers scummy.

I'm not lurking. So how can I be lurking strategically?
So, four content posts in almost a week is normal levels of activity for you?

I didn't do shit, and I certainly didn't press him to claim. It's ridiculous to hold me responsible for people claiming if they do so in response to my reasoning and arguments on the subject.
This is what you said:
What's whether somebody's town got to do with your vote? [followed by] If my power was helpful, I'd claim so that people would understand why I'm not voting my top suspect.
This prompted him to claim. You certainly expressed curiosity explicitly about his vote power, and your "reasoning and arguments" are what convinced him to claim. It's not "I didn't do shit", is it? Now that you've seen his claim, do you think he should have made it? Why don't you take responsibility for (indirectly, but clearly) suggesting he should claim?

Penngo, NativeForeigner:
How about gracing us with your presence? What do you make of this fishing/claiming business? If you were a triple voter, would you claim it on D1? Penngo, do you think I should unvote you? If so, why? If not, why not?

Mod: requesting a prod on Penngo and NativeForeigner.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2012, 03:44:24 pm »

Pranz: Is this your first time being on the scumteam?

No.

Oh shit i slipped, you can hang me now.

I don't think shakerag should have claimed at all and i don't really believe him fully.

Pranz:
Oh, how clever. Well, at least you answered. Let me ask you one more: Do you think failing to answer questions when pressed is scummy? What's your read on Penngo?

Not neccesarily. Someone who are usually very keen on answering and asking questions but then suddenly try to avoid questions or gives an undirect answer is scummy. Don't know much about penngo, but considering he's been lurking since this post way back, while he's very pressured is suspicious.
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2012, 03:49:02 pm »

First of all, my apologies for not being active.

Penngo:
How about gracing us with your presence? What do you make of this fishing/claiming business? If you were a triple voter, would you claim it on D1? Penngo, do you think I should unvote you? If so, why? If not, why not?

Bookthras, I never liked early claims. As they never really got us on the right track- Scumhunting. You wouldn't want to claim a triple voting role on D1, so I would say no. The mafia might go for you instantly, then. Your vote can stay on me for all I care.

penngo009:  What's the scummiest thing you've seen so far, and why aren't you voting the person who said it?
This is pretty much out of the question, but I really don't like the claiming. It probable will easily screw us up in the end. I would consider who I vote a lot for vote reflections, though.
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2012, 03:51:34 pm »

Not neccesarily. Someone who are usually very keen on answering and asking questions but then suddenly try to avoid questions or gives an undirect answer is scummy. Don't know much about penngo, but considering he's been lurking since this post way back, while he's very pressured is suspicious.
Also, I wasn't lurking. I was literally off bay12 for the majority of that time. >__>
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2012, 04:45:10 pm »

Bookthras: I'm glad my presence means so much to you. I'm not sure what to make of it yet, I still have to look deeper into that. Hell no, I'd probably be NKed that very night. I'd rather save it for lylo.

Been busy the past few days, I'll scrounge up something better soon-ish.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12