Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 8 (12/13) - Night 1: Trouble  (Read 33637 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 8 (13/13) - Day 1: Start
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2012, 07:00:36 am »

Dariush, if you could grant a vote to a player, whom would you grant it to?
To whoever I'd think town at the time.
That's such a copout answer.
Come on. Gimme the good stuff. A name.
Why exactly do you rolefiiiiI mean care and how exactly can I give an exact name if I may consider the named guy scum later?
Vote counts at the end of the day have been 100% accurate in previous VMs. I.E., we can see how many votes each player has and who cast them.
Oh. Didn't know that.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2012, 07:42:43 am »

Why exactly do you rolefiiiiI mean care and how exactly can I give an exact name if I may consider the named guy scum later?

Why are you so worried about giving a bad answer?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Report
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2012, 08:25:53 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Dariush -
Toaster - TolyK,
Jim Groovester -
NativeForeigner - Toaster,
Urist_McArathos - Leafsnail,
TolyK -
Bookthras -
_DivideByZero_ -
penngo009 -
Caz -
Shakerag -
Pranz - Dariush,
Leafsnail -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Jim Groovester, NativeForeigner, Bookthras, _DivideByZero_, penngo009, Caz, Urist_McArathos,
Shakerag, Pranz,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

Better hurry up and vote. You're all lucky that I forgot to fix the end date.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2012, 08:36:03 am »

Er, unvote.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2012, 12:00:35 pm »

Just a note for the future, I'll be hopping off any bandwagons/masslynches due to my ability not having use after the person's lynched... :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2012, 12:15:31 pm »

Extend.  Need to read over this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2012, 02:10:34 pm »

Extend; I got distracted by IRL over the weekend.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2012, 02:18:12 pm »

Dariush:
Dariush:  We can find those who are lying about their vote, however.
Uh. How?

Basically by what the others said, but there are potential combinations that should be obvious when someone is lying.  It generally nullifies roles like the Secret Voter, at least.

Er, unvote.

Er, who is scummy, then?

Web:  I forget- for Vote Mafia, is hammer done by the visible vote count or actual vote count?  (Example- if it was 3 to hammer and a triple voter voted, would that insta-hammer?)

Shakerag:  You have a grand total of one post, so far.  How about some content?  Tell me the scummiest statement you've seen so far, and then tell me why you aren't voting that person.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2012, 02:35:04 pm »

Shakerag, if the vote is tied, multiple players get lynched. Knowing this, do you go for multiple lynches or try to make sure it's done one at a time?

My apologies, Jim.  I apparently missed that you asked me a question. 

My first gut reply to the question was sure, as long as I thought both people getting lynched were near the top of my scumlist.  However, as I thought on it, I decided that was a bad idea, because seeing one of those two flip upon being lynched could affect how scummy I thought the other was.  So, I think overall it would be better to see only one person lynched at a time. 

Shakerag:  You have a grand total of one post, so far.  How about some content?  Tell me the scummiest statement you've seen so far, and then tell me why you aren't voting that person.

I am amused by this, because I was in the process of typing up a reply. 

Frankly, so far, it seems like there's been very little to go on.  Everything that's stood out to me (which has pretty much just been Caz) is more rubbing me as newtells as opposed to scumtells.  If I was forced to vote for someone right now, I think I'd pick penngo for reasons Bookthras stated.

Actually, looking back specifically ...
penngo: Book and Native have commented on the lack of "meat" in your responses, and I would certainly agree with them.  Additionally, is there a reason why you haven't initiated any questioning of your own yet?  Your "activelurking scum" index is on the rise. 

But, either way, I'm not voting until I'm nearly certain someone is town or scum due to my ... interesting vote power. 

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2012, 02:36:01 pm »

Web:  I forget- for Vote Mafia, is hammer done by the visible vote count or actual vote count?  (Example- if it was 3 to hammer and a triple voter voted, would that insta-hammer?)
Visible Vote Count. Seeing as how it is unfair to reveal vote counts prior to Day end, it is only done by visible vote counts. So, a triple voter could not hammer without revealing that he is a triple voter.

As such, if I were a triple voter with 3 to Hammer, I could not vote Vector to end the Day. I could, however, vote Vector Vector Vector.

This also means that if there were two Double Voters (A and B) voting for Vector, and I triple voted A, I would have instantiated a Hammer, but A would NOT be lynched. Vector has 4 votes, and is therefore lynched, despite not being Hammered.

I guess these are rather important rules I'll add to the OP. In fact, I'm sure there are others I'll want to add.

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2012, 04:10:25 pm »

Urist McA:  Are you fullclaiming?  If so, what does the Hated aspect do?

Quite response while busy; yes, that's a full claim.  Hated means I start the day with one vote already on me; so I presume it takes one less vote to lynch me, and if I'm behind someone else by one vote (or even worse, behind a tied vote by one), I would be tied with them.

That's an interesting role. But don't you think you help scum by claiming?
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Report
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2012, 04:32:01 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Dariush -
Toaster - TolyK,
Jim Groovester -
NativeForeigner - Toaster,
Urist_McArathos - Leafsnail,
TolyK -
Bookthras -
_DivideByZero_ -
penngo009 -
Caz -
Shakerag -
Pranz -
Leafsnail -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - Jim Groovester, NativeForeigner, Bookthras, _DivideByZero_, penngo009, Caz, Urist_McArathos, Shakerag, Pranz, Dariush,

Extension - Toaster, Urist_McArathos,
Shorten -

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central. 3 To Extend. 7 To Shorten.

I'll use this as my new format.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2012, 07:39:10 pm »

Extend. More in a bit.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2012, 07:39:56 pm »

Extend.

Firstly - can anyone think of a past VM where someone basically had two roles in one?  I can't think of any in the early games but webadict may have started including them recently.  I'm just finding hated+double voter a little odd.  If noone remembers one I guess I'll check them myself tomorrow.

Actually, looking back specifically ...
penngo: Book and Native have commented on the lack of "meat" in your responses, and I would certainly agree with them.  Additionally, is there a reason why you haven't initiated any questioning of your own yet?  Your "activelurking scum" index is on the rise. 
What does this contribute that Book and Native haven't already stated?

This is bad Dariush.  It's like you're unwilling to give an answer to a simple question because you're worried about being caught in a contradiction later.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2012, 07:48:30 pm »

Several (three I saw, 7, 4, and... 5?) had Secret roles who didn't know what they had.  Hated is the same genre of role modifier, so why not?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12