Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl 0.10 Tournament  (Read 20728 times)

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl 0.10 Tournament
« Reply #90 on: February 29, 2012, 01:01:49 pm »

Sup Recruits. 

So, the team currently ahead of us has one member, and he has nearly all of his points from ridiculously weak combo high scores.  I'm guessing those will be stolen from him in not too long, but if he still has those high scores later in the tournament, a team effort could easily steal most of them.  Either way, I have faith that we'll put together some good games and jump a few spots anyway.  Keep plugging away fellas.

KJC3(flord)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 29, 2012, 01:13:08 pm »

In past tournaments, I focused on getting several combo scores, but I'm avoiding that focus this time in favor of making more actual progress.  I do have a couple scores (and was disappointed to find out that someone had already put in a very good OpEE.)  I may grab some if I see a good opportunity.

EDIT-  That said, I just poached two of his.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:25:11 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 29, 2012, 02:58:21 pm »

Fuuuuck. I zap ID'd a wand of invis at a yak, ran away, but kept getting hit by something, then died. Fucking unsees horrors, why do I always forget you exist? Fuuuuck.
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 29, 2012, 03:11:48 pm »

Fuuuuck. I zap ID'd a wand of invis at a yak, ran away, but kept getting hit by something, then died. Fucking unsees horrors, why do I always forget you exist? Fuuuuck.

That's why I try not to zap-ID wands on anything bigger than a rat, if I have any choice in the matter.

Of course, I'll freely admit that when my back's been against the wall, *insert name of large, scary thing* may have gotten a wand to the face.
Bonus points if it: gets healed, goes invisible or I get a fireball that kills me because I'm shooting point-blank.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 29, 2012, 03:30:56 pm »

Finally played a bit more. MuWz got channel energy, started applying the Imp Solution to everything. D/clvl 9 now, about to hit ten. Putting away for a bit, though, heh.
I am MuSu and I've got this except using Demons and Hydrae.  I'd love to get Summon Dragon but at this rate I'll probably win before I can cast it.

Rafellows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 29, 2012, 03:32:55 pm »

Sign me up for Team 4.
I probably won't actually play though. Kick me if you need the space on the team.
username: ZChris13

If I actually had time to play I'd ask to be on the Forgotten Beasts. I Have 2 wins, one with 15 runes.

I suck at crawl, so I won't be playing. I'll watch some games though.
Woah really? You're as good and probably much better than I am.

I added you, although for lack of a better name the team name is literally Team_4 so if you have an idea let me know XD

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 29, 2012, 03:48:32 pm »

Masons?  Crafters?  Soapers?  Haulers?

Drunks, if you're AWOL.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 29, 2012, 04:02:14 pm »

Necromancers?

lerugray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 29, 2012, 05:49:41 pm »

I need to win a game, im going to get wasted one night and not stop drinking until i get my second win. and i also need to get that win as a draconian ice mage of chei, cause i said so.

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 29, 2012, 05:51:05 pm »

I'm currently doing pretty well with a MiFi and I've happened upon an entrance to a Wizlab in Vaults:2.  I've never gone in one before and I'm scurr'd.  Any suggestions/advice as far as what to expect or what precautions to take?  The wiki says it can be one of a whole array of layouts, but I thought I'd ask what others have based their decisions upon.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 29, 2012, 06:12:42 pm »

It really depends. I don't think it should be that bad and they tend to have good loot, but there is one tomb layout that is deadly with a bunch of nasty demons and golems and whatnot. The exit is always close, anyways, and you can just enter and leave if you don't want to take the risk.

lerugray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 29, 2012, 06:16:56 pm »

Hey everyone on the Vampires. I'm your team capitan. I have one win, and I would be happy to help watch other games and give advice. email me at lerugray@gmail.com and let me know when you are playing and ill try to watch and drop some knowledge flakes on you all.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 29, 2012, 06:55:22 pm »

Any good words for Chei casters?   They should be awesome, but I have trouble getting them too far.

lerugray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 29, 2012, 07:05:09 pm »

Any good words for Chei casters?   They should be awesome, but I have trouble getting them too far.

I like doing hybrids with Chei, given the stat boost, its really easy to be competent with both fighting and spellcasting.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 29, 2012, 07:23:44 pm »

"The silver rune of Zot is a mimic!"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15