Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl 0.10 Tournament  (Read 20714 times)

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl 0.10 Tournament
« Reply #105 on: February 29, 2012, 07:57:44 pm »

Went for it.  Got Wucad Mu's Monastery.  Pretty easy until I had to face the orange statue.  Somehow I hadn't found a wand of disintegration yet, so fighting it melee style was a little nerve wracking.  I'll tell you what though, these new potions of curing sure made it a lot easier.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 29, 2012, 08:22:17 pm »

I'm pretty sure Potions of Healing were exactly the same other than having different names.  Nevertheless, I wouldn't want to take on an orange statue considering they can drain like 7 points of Int in one shot.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 29, 2012, 08:32:57 pm »

Oklob Plant. Guarding the temple. Dealt 41 damage to me. I had 42 HP.

Run like hell, walk around corner, orcish wizard. Drink berserker potion while scrambling for heal wounds potions, then kill two orcish wizards while I'm at 5 HP, then die to the third.

A badass end, but jesus. Oklob saplings hurt.

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 29, 2012, 08:33:36 pm »

They did work the same as potions of healing, I guess it just seems like potions of curing are more frequent than they were.  i could be wrong though.

As for the orange statue, I Hero'd, might potioned, speed potioned, agility potioned, and brilliance potioned, and then blinked to the square right next to the statue.  I had some restore ability potions, so I was fairly certain I could kill it in time.  Definitely still nerve wracking though.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 29, 2012, 09:08:57 pm »

That sounds like the best preparation you could get outside of disintegration I guess.  I'm just remembering that Orange Statue that instantly int drained me on some early D floor and left me with reduced int all the way to swamp due to me not being able to drink potions.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 29, 2012, 09:30:21 pm »

Ugh, for some reason I can log on to CAO but can't do anything. Annoying. Hopefully it will rectify itself.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 29, 2012, 09:51:35 pm »

Ooh, I just had an idea about what we could do at the end. What if once the tournament is done we draw (or possibly request some people in the Creative Projects forum draw) a picture that shows all of our winning characters at a party with the Orb as a disco ball? It's a bit of a geeky idea, but I personally think that it would a fun way of celebrating all of our successes.  :)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 29, 2012, 10:24:33 pm »

Just to ensure that I die a horrible, horrible death:

y - the +7 chain mail of Cuacivue (worn) {rF++ MR Str+3}.

So doomed.

edit:

Dammit, that was supposed to be an ironic post. Died to an 11-headed hydra. I can't believe it. That's the best drop the RNG has given me all tournament.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:41:26 am by AlStar »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2012, 12:33:07 am »

Cursed rings of teleportation: guaranteed to never teleport you when you're getting the crap shot out of you by an early centaur.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2012, 12:41:35 am »

You can still activate it manually, though the failure rate makes them pretty unreliable.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

KJC3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2012, 01:33:18 am »

By the way, has anyone had any experience with the '+4, +8 shillelagh "Devastator"'?  I picked it up in the Lair and it's made an absolute joke out of several dungeon branches so far.

"Time to introduce the shillelagh law."

ggeezz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2012, 09:27:19 am »

I haven't been added to a team yet on the tourny site.  I'm not sure whether I have the captain's name wrong or if they haven't added me.

ardesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2012, 09:55:12 am »

Hey everyone on the Vampires. I'm your team capitan. I have one win, and I would be happy to help watch other games and give advice. email me at lerugray@gmail.com and let me know when you are playing and ill try to watch and drop some knowledge flakes on you all.

you could join us in irc... freednode #b12crawl :D

btw... i died to a slime recently.. in my best game ever :D
http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/ajikeshi/morgue-ajikeshi-20120229-162113.txt

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2012, 10:41:39 am »

Ouch, that thing hit you for more than half your total health in one hit. They get really dangerous when they stack up that high.

You got sucked in by the "is almost dead" gambit (when you keep swinging at a monster, even when you should probably run, because you keep telling yourself 'ooh, it's nearly dead') - looking at your map, you probably should have fallen back behind your zombies... but when you're losing so much health all at once, I guess there's not much warning for when you should bug out.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2012, 11:45:24 am »

Does anyone have any recommendations for IRC clients? I like chilling in ##crawl while I play and #b12crawl would be sweet too, but my mIRC trial ran out and I'm sure as hell not paying for it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15