Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl 0.10 Tournament  (Read 20724 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl 0.10 Tournament
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2012, 04:37:23 pm »

q - a scroll labeled FUK DA SAC
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2012, 05:06:17 pm »

If I can ever find a ring of protection, I can make an awesome octopode.  As is, that 1 AC is nasty.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2012, 07:01:43 pm »

I managed to get Vow of Courage 1 by walking all over that Snake rune, but Mennas pretty much blocked me from getting VoC2.  Bah.  Nevermind, this MuSu is still progressing nicely.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2012, 12:37:50 am »

I don't know if I'm being too aggressive, unlucky or what, but I just can't seem to get past level 8 or 9. On the plus side, I'm now up to 9 combo high scores, and since they're all pretty unlikely combos, they'll probably hold till the end, but damn, I'm getting tired of not getting lower then mid-Lair.

Up to level 1 on Explorer, Slow&Steady, Pious, Gelatinous Body, Conqueror, Sniper, Ruthless Efficiency and Harvest.

Well, if at first you don't succeed...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 29, 2012, 01:25:01 am »

If I can ever find a ring of protection, I can make an awesome octopode.  As is, that 1 AC is nasty.

Someone, someday, is going to get eight artifact rings that all offer some sort of protection in addition to a wide variety of other useful stats.

That someone is not going to be me.

In other news, my skills do seem to be improving cause of the tournament. I've gotten a way higher percent of my characters to level 10+ now than I used to.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 29, 2012, 03:36:41 am »

At this rate I'll be happy to even touch a rune by the end of the tournament. Maybe the game was easier several versions ago or something.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2012, 07:12:53 am »

Got my first win!

Unfortunately missed out on the Nemelex's Choice, and of course because there have been so many wins already for MiSt, it's not worth much for the species/background either. Still, a win is a win.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2012, 08:29:13 am »

Finally played a bit more. MuWz got channel energy, started applying the Imp Solution to everything. D/clvl 9 now, about to hit ten. Putting away for a bit, though, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 29, 2012, 09:31:53 am »

Tried the new spell Inner Fire for the first time on a fire elementalist. It is now by far my favorite low level spell. You do need to be careful, but damn that spell wrecks orcish mines even better than a poison mage. And the best thing is that you can cast it on multiple critters and make chain detonations. Having controlled blink help a lot though.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 29, 2012, 09:46:41 am »

Hey, I'm worth like 90 points for our team. Awww yeah.

ggeezz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 29, 2012, 09:59:49 am »

So are we sticking with the teams as is?

ardesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 29, 2012, 10:24:15 am »

probably... but we still have 3 days to shuffle :D

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 29, 2012, 11:35:02 am »

Got my first win!

Unfortunately missed out on the Nemelex's Choice, and of course because there have been so many wins already for MiSt, it's not worth much for the species/background either. Still, a win is a win.

Grats man! Now I'll really have to get my ass in gear, or soon I'll be the only one on the Beasts without a win.

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 29, 2012, 11:48:51 am »

Nice work Moron...

My TeWz is progressing nicely - he started off basically as a summoner, but now I am thinking I might buy a book with Freezing Cloud in it and try to get more of that mid-dungeon XP for myself. Or, I could continue summoning, by a book of Burglary instead, and wait for Vehumet to gift me freezing cloud later... that might technically be the better option, although I am not sure if I have the patience to wait for those books... I could buy both books, and be broke. Decisions decisions :)

Anyway, Lair 8 and Orc 4 are now clear, and I am undecided on whether I should bother trying to find the rest of Orc (I am not a big fan of trapdoors) or just head on down the main D.
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 29, 2012, 11:56:57 am »

Sign me up for Team 4.
I probably won't actually play though. Kick me if you need the space on the team.
username: ZChris13

If I actually had time to play I'd ask to be on the Forgotten Beasts. I Have 2 wins, one with 15 runes.

I suck at crawl, so I won't be playing. I'll watch some games though.
Woah really? You're as good and probably much better than I am.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:05:38 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15