Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261336 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Week 1 - TT S2, W2
« Reply #1335 on: January 14, 2014, 12:03:09 am »

The Daemoning! 2 - 1 Monk's Morons

All I have to say is SO MANY INJURIES!. (Ok, not all, but a lot of what I have to say :P). Over the course of the game I managed to take 3 permanent injuries (2 career ending [-MV and -2 STR for some odd reason], one that just makes him a dedicated fouler [-AV]) and several BH's. On the other hand I managed to throw quite a few MNG injuries on monk but nothing permanent (he did manage to kill one of his own snots though). Luckily for me both of the career enders landed on 0 SPP pit fighters, but I still came out with an eventual 120k loss to replace them later.

Monk managed his touchdown with a throw at the very end of the first half, and almost managed a tie on the very last turn (only failing the landing roll before scoring).

(If the rest of my Ogre games are like this I'm gonna end the first half of the season with 3 level 4 guys and a bunch of journeymen. :P)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: January 14, 2014, 12:15:03 am »

Monk's Morons 1 - 2 The Daemoning!

Morons received the opening kickoff, and a gust of wind blew the ball out of bounds, letting them put the ball right in Richard Feynman's meaty fist and start punching their way upfield. Khorne punched back however, particularly with the big bad Bloodthirster who is stronger than an Ogre when he blitzes and has Claw to chew through Ogre armor. Though the Ogre offensive got about halfway downfield, it came at the cost of 3 MNG, one of them an Ogre (and, evidently, MVP of the game!) At that point the push faltered, the ballcarrier was beat down, and eventually Khorne was able to run in a TD on turn 7 to go up 1-0.

The next kick was high and short, allowing the Morons to put a snotling underneath it. Amazingly, he caught it, and handed the ball to Ernesto. More amazingly, the Ogre tasked with picking up Ernesto did not bonehead, and actually flung the snotling deep into Khorne territory. Most amazingly, Ernesto stuck the landing and pulled off the pair of GFIs needed to scamper into the endzone, making the score 1-1, and the lack of riot meant that that was the score at halftime.

The Ogres set up to defend the second half kick with three Ogres and a handful of Snots against 10 frenzied Khorne players. Nuffle smiled on the Ogres at this point, and they very nearly pulled off an improbable defense as snotlings swarmed the ballcarrier, then Ogres smashed Pit Fighters left and right (inflicting... 4? Serious Injuries) which allowed an Ogre to mark the ballcarrier, and even after the play was flipped an Ogre pulled off a DODGE of all things and blitzed another Pit Fighter into the KO box, marking the ballcarrier. This was all aided by the Bloodthirster alternately being useless, failing to roll a Defender Down against his marking snotling, and being a Loner on the double skulls and skull/both downs that came up. Of course, luck couldn't hold out forever for the Morons, and their last chance to blitz the Pit Fighter running away with the ball met with a Bonehead.

The Morons put enough pressure on that ball-carrier to force him into the endzone with 2 turns to score, giving them another chance to try a TTM TD. This time, however, Ernesto did not stick the landing, largely since I had frittered away the team's last reroll. Derp.

Lesson learned from this game: BUY MORE SNOTS! I had been saving up for the next Ogre, but this game could have been won if I had more bodies in the second half, or for that final drive (the last reroll was squandered on a 2d block which could have been 3d if I had one more assist.) Still, all the CAS got me a good chunk of SPP on the big guys, the MNG caught MVP (good for a level,) and one of the snots leveled up too!

FAKEEDIT: Oh yeah, there's a dead snot. I don't remember the situation, I just remember that it was very funny that he died horribly. "No, Niels Bohr, I know the rules of the game confuse you, but you don't spike the ball until after you score the TD! And make sure the snotling isn't holding it anymore!"

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: January 14, 2014, 11:15:44 am »

Any news on the missing ank vs. ndkid game? As of Thursday it will have been 2 weeks since the normal league started.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 15, 2014, 04:48:12 pm »

Bay12 Breakers defeat Kobbs Khorne 2-1 in a completely blood-less match!

Most of the game was simply bashing and beastmen napping, but a good run by Cain-a-coal in the 15'th turn won the day.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Week 2 - TT S2, W2
« Reply #1339 on: January 15, 2014, 05:23:13 pm »

Any news on the missing ank vs. ndkid game? As of Thursday it will have been 2 weeks since the normal league started.
My apologies, I basically forgot about it. But as you can see, it's been played, so the week is advanced.

Matchups for Week Two:
i2amroy - The Other Kittens vs THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies
ank - Bay12 Breakers vs monk12 - Monk's Meanies
Kanil - Skitterscamps vs ndkid - Kobb's Khorne
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: January 17, 2014, 07:43:50 pm »

The Other Kittens 0 - 3 My Mummie's Mummies

And my team continues it's descent into the bowels of hell. Game ends 0-2, and by the time turn 11 rolled around I only had 4 players left on the field. My star pest suffered a niggling injury, one of my rotters died, and my brand new replacement Nurgle Warrior got MVP... and -1 STR, meaning there's no point in keeping him around either. Also my +STR NW with tentacles died, but he managed to regen, so he's fine. All in all the game was a -110k loss for me and Ank's going to have an easy game next week when he goes against 3 NW, 3 pests, a BoN, 1 rotter, and 3 journeyman rotters.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 07:48:09 pm by i2amroy »

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: January 17, 2014, 07:45:25 pm »

Other Kittens 0-3 My Mummie's Mummies

The game started off with a killed rotter on the first turn and went downhill from there for Otherplayers. I permanently hurt his newest nurgle warrior giving him -1 STR and making him basically useless. I also gave a niggling injury to his star pestigor. Otherplayers only managed to KO my 2 SPP blitz-ra. Overall, not a good game for him and it ended with me just running in the ball for a few touchdowns because unlike Kanil, I have a heart and don't take pleasure in killing every single one of my opponents players before the match ends.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: January 20, 2014, 04:04:55 pm »

Rodantors 0-1 Slashing Slayers

This game was extremely uneventful due to lack of skills for either team. Other than a -1 AV injury to a lineman on turn one nothing serious happened. A few KO's one failed dodge turned into a BH for him, and I scored on turn 7 or 8 of the first half. The only remarkable thing I have to note was that I had 6 of my 16 turns end due to failed block dice. I really need to get more skills on these guys.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 21, 2014, 09:20:32 pm »

Just thought I should mention, Monk's Meanies are scheduled to play their match against the Bay12 Breakers on Thursday the 23rd.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: January 23, 2014, 02:02:57 pm »

Monk's Meanies 1 - 2 Bay12 Breakers

I always forget how speedy that one Dwarf runner is; I never expect ank to be able to flip the play like he does. The first TD was me forgetting that fact while also trying to set up a crowd surf (an attempt I cocked up 3 times today (though I did get 1 successful one... 2?) Anyway, the Wizard wiffed on his Lightning bolt to save the drive, and after the Dwarves scored their 3 turn TD the Elves played some ball control, probing at the Dwarf line (and taking the ball back from an overaggressive runner) before springing a Witch Elf deep to score the tying TD.

The Dark Elves took some casualties in that half, though, and only fielded 9 Meanies against 11 Breakers. Things started out well enough, and a little crease was there for the taking, but the Witch Elf carrying the ball failed a critical dodge and lost the ball into the thick of the dwarf mass. The Meanies managed to stall for quite a while with some creative chain pushing, but at the end there were too many Bay12 Breakers to hold back, and the dwarves ran in the second TD on the last turn of the game.

Unfortunately for the Meanies, one of their CAS was a -AV to one of the Guard linemen, who will hang up his boots now that he has two injuries and one skill to show for it. Fortunately, the Apothecary was able to save the other, more skilled Guardsman from a -AG, so once I recruit some new meat I'll be about as good as I was coming in to this match.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: January 23, 2014, 03:02:55 pm »

Thanks for the game Monk!

Was a good bashy game, those dark elves are brave!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Week 2 - TT S2, W3
« Reply #1346 on: January 23, 2014, 06:27:02 pm »

All the matches are finally validated. I apologize to everyone for my continued inattentiveness.

The TT has been advanced, in the main tournament my game with ndkid is still outstanding, but I hope to have that played soon. If not, then I'll award him a WO win and we'll advance that too.

Matchups for TT Week 3:
THE_SLAYA - Slashing Slayers vs monk12 - Monk's Morons
ndkid - Real Deal vs Fikes - The Rodants
i2amroy - The Daemoning! vs Kanil - Ill-Timed Boners
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: January 24, 2014, 05:29:45 am »

You advanced the week within half a day of the last game being played.
That is timely in my book

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: January 24, 2014, 02:16:53 pm »

With the latest level ups for my Khemri team I've managed to get a Thro-Ra with blodge, a tomb guardian with block, and most importantly...

A SKELETON WITH 3 AGI!!!!!

I may actually have a chance at making a throw play now, xD.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: January 25, 2014, 07:39:43 pm »

Post to watch.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 149