Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 149

Author Topic: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 14 Signup - TT S6, SF  (Read 261333 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Signups! Main League & Training Tournament!
« Reply #1305 on: December 31, 2013, 07:37:39 am »

Match validated, and he has reached legend status... or to put it in other terms, I'm deeply disappointed with everyone's ability to foul. :P
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Week 1
« Reply #1306 on: January 02, 2014, 11:20:52 pm »

Three things!

One: Main league has started. 10 games, top 4 make the playoffs. Matchups for week one:
Kanil - Skitterscamps vs i2amroy - The Other Kittens
ank - Bay12 Breakers vs ndkid - Kobb's Khorne
THE_SLAYA - My Mummie's Mummies vs monk12 - Monk's Meanies

Two: Training tournament only has 5 players. Unfortunately you can't turn an existing tournament into an open match making tournament, because... that'd be too convenient or something. Thanks Cyanide. I can bow out and you can have a 4 man tournament if you want, or we can create yet another tournament, shunt everyone over there, create our own schedule and just have everyone only play who they're supposed to. What does everyone want?

Three: Champions Cup has advanced to the final week. Monk got nuffled pretty badly in our game, he's probably pretty happy to escape without anyone getting seriously injured. Matchups for final week:
monk12 - Monk's Marauders vs ank - w00t w00t
Kanil - Self Inflicted vs ndkid - Morg's Meat Mashers
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: January 02, 2014, 11:52:34 pm »

Self Inflicted defeats Monk's Marauders 3-0

One of these days I'll figure out how the hell to defend against Hypnotic Gaze. Lots of CAS and KOs, but the only serious injury went to a Thrall who died (I forget who got the kill, some blitzer?) Valdred had a good punchy game before he was Badly Hurt, and Balkoth the Ogre took out a thrall and did some solid bloodsucker punching- the ST5 Thrall didn't do too much beyond scare me a lot before he got snacked on. The Vampires used their Inducements to buy a Wizard who threw a lightning bolt at Tonkai, who didn't even get knocked down while holding the ball. Unfortunately, Tonaki also had a rough game, failing a dodge, a GFI (and a couple more GFIs that he rerolled out of,) and two long bombs that were the Marauder's best scoring chances (the first one would have made it 2-1 early in the second half with only 2 Thralls on the Vampire side of the pitch!)

Tonaki can't take all the blame, though: he made a dodge and GFI into a Vampire half cage at the start of the second half (when the humans were only down one point,) and the ball got thrown back into Vampire territory but well within range of 2 blitzers. If Sigric had tried picking the ball up FIRST and then I moved the other blitzer to support, then when Sigric failed there wouldn't have been an easy sprint to open field for the Vampires. Instead, I defaulted to the usual "huddle around the ball" strategy that makes sense in every situation that doesn't involve an AG5 player within easy stealing distance. That mistake led to Kanil's 2nd TD which put me in a real bad spot; maybe Tonkai could have bailed me out, but evidently not. Almost enough to make me want Accurate instead of Tackle for the Legend skill...

The Marauders haven't been beaten that badly since... the last time they played Self Inflicted. Well, hopefully I can win against Kanil and get a Championship rematch.

Whee Blood Bowl!

I don't suppose Jartol or Charmander want to roll up a rookie team, eh? Come on, Kanil and I are both playing stunties! Violent stunties, but stunty nonetheless. If we can't get a 6th, I'd rather have the 5 player open tourney, since I'm looking forward to some Ogre vs Ogre action!

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: January 03, 2014, 12:46:26 am »

I think someone said they would play in the training tournament if we had an odd number but that might have been last season, if not, I might have another person who I might be able to convince to play

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: January 03, 2014, 04:17:03 am »

I'll join the training tournament. I'll download the game now and install it.

The Rodants - Skaven.

I hope you guys are ready for this.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: January 03, 2014, 04:31:06 am »

Welcome back, Fikes. It's been a while... feel free to apply your team to "Bay12 Training Tournament", with password "Bay12" and we'll get started. Tournament will be the same format as the main league -- double round robin (10 games), top 4 to playoffs.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: January 03, 2014, 08:45:15 am »

It has been a while. I think I played season 1 which kind of fell apart and then made it to season two finals before I got stuck traveling. Also at that time my ISP was messed up so I'd get disconnected every 15 minutes.

Anyways, I have applied. Free most times most days. Pacific time zone (GMT -8). No Skill on steam (nibbler icon).

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Blood Bowl League - Season 9, Week 1 - TT S2, W1
« Reply #1312 on: January 03, 2014, 09:23:13 am »

And with that, the training tournament is also underway.

Matchups for week one:
monk12 - Monk's Morons vs Fikes - The Rodants
Kanil - Ill-Timed Boners vs THE_SLAYA - Slashing Slayers
i2amroy - The Daemoning! vs ndkid - Real Deal

Lastly, if you ever wondered about my maturity level, well... now you know.

Edit: Oh yeah, one more thing. Those of you playing in the CC, given that the other tournaments are starting, that's become a lot lower priority. Play when you can, but don't worry about it too much. Given that the TT is the same length as the main league, it'll also be on the one week deadline to ensure they end at the same time, allowing the TT teams to play in S10 if they want, without having to delay the season until the TT ends.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:34:33 am by Kanil »

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: January 06, 2014, 10:39:52 pm »

Slashing Slayas 2-0 Ill-timed Boners

Largely uneventful game, lots of badly hurt snotlings, only real scary injuries were a fractured arm when a snotling tripped on a go for it and one of my beastman (who had already gained 5 SPP) was killed by an ogre. My experience was so spread out between my guys that not a single person leveled up though, :p

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: January 06, 2014, 11:29:47 pm »

Wow, that game hurt. Training tourney.

Morons kick it deep into Rodant territory, well away from the thrower, leading the skaven to form ranks and wait for the ball pickup.

The monks then take the oppurunity to push the line and manage to down a lineman and KILL A STORMVERMIN with a snotling. The next turn or two just has linemen trashed up and down the field. In a daring attempt the Skaven thrower moves out to make a long pass to a linemen down field, only to get cuaght by a snotling and knocked out of the game with a fractured arm, ending the skaven turn.

The morons respond by killing the other Stormvermin.

After some scuffling the ball ends up on the far side of the field and a line man manages to take a snotling out of the game in his moves to recover it, only to fumble the pass while trying to send it up field.

A snotling toss and quick grab later and the ogres are on the board.

After the first score we have 2 skaven dead and two out while only 1 snotling finds itself on the sideline.

Morons again manage to kick it to the very back corner of the endzone.

An attempt at razzel dazzel by the skaven (a long pass on play 7 by a lineman) saw an interception BY AN OGRE. The end of the half sees more voilence but no more serious injuries.

On the first play of the new half a Skaven kick manages to send the ball well out of bounds, resulting in an ogre on the line getting the ball.

After several rounds of bashing in the middle of the field, the skaven finally knock the ball out, only to have it picked up by a snotling.

A linerat tries to break away from the skuffle long enough to grab the ball, only to be hit by an ogre in the single tackle zone he had to run through. Hit and KILLED that is.

Morons AGAIN manage to kick it deep, but this time the Skaven get some razzel dazzel going, and manage to not only pick up the ball, but pass it well down field to a linemen who makes it 2/3rds of the way to the endzone only to find himself swarmed by snotlings. He attemps a handoff but drops it. The snotlings than dive on the ball but drop it as well.

On the last turn of the scrimage a lineman makes an attempt at a grab and a pass but managed to get caught by the snotlings and knocked down.

Game ends 2-0, in favor of the Morons with 3 dead rats and two more out for next game.

Ouch.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: January 06, 2014, 11:49:54 pm »

Monk's Morons 2 - 0 The Rodants

I'd like to pretend that this game was a triumph of tactical positioning and risk management, but in reality The Rodants got diced. Hard. Apart from the mentioned casualties (2 dead positionals on the first four turns of a rookie squad hurts) the kickoff events all went the way of the Morons, with 2 clock-running events, a blitz, and a pitch invasion that dropped the only rat (a Gutter Runner) in position to receive the ball, as well as most of the Skaven LoS, while only dropping an Ogre and a couple snots on the other side, despite the Rodants' superior Fan Factor advantage (somehow they only managed FAME of +1 despite starting with 7 Fan Factor.) So yeah, there was no aspect of the game where the dice didn't like the loveable Ogres. I guess Nuffle is a scientist.

So yeah, it was "one of those games." No levelups for the Morons, but no serious injuries and 50k towards my next Ogre.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: January 06, 2014, 11:58:05 pm »

Seems my goal of being the not-worst Ogre team is off to a pretty bad start.

Match validated.

THE_SLAYA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: January 07, 2014, 07:48:36 pm »

If Monk is starting off the season this lucky, we can only hope his standard trend of getting luckier as the season goes on does not continue. If it does, god help us all...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: January 07, 2014, 08:17:57 pm »

Seems my goal of being the not-worst Ogre team is off to a pretty bad start.
No matter how bad you do Kanil, you can't be worse then my starting ogre team last season. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: January 08, 2014, 09:12:14 pm »

Skitterscamps 3 - 0 The Other Kittens

Game went horribly for me, starting with the death of a Rotter as well as badly hurting my most experienced player; and culminating in a turn 16 death of my second most experienced player, my block/guard/tackle Nurgle Warrior. I would also like to announce that unless somebody manages to kill both of Kanil's Blitzers I'm going to automatically concede my Week 4 game against him. I have yet to play a game against Skitterscamps that doesn't involve the death of at least one of my more experienced players, and gaining absolutely nothing from that week despite giving him 16 spp for the concede is worth more to me then losing what it took me two seasons to build.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 149