Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: CvRTD Bonus: Turn 2: First Phase End  (Read 48873 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD 1-Year Anniversary Special: Bonus Boss Battle!
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2012, 05:06:26 am »

Hurrah, team battle!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2012, 05:20:26 am »

I expect this boss to have 50 mil hp and do damage that could oneshot himself many times over. :3
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2012, 05:42:50 am »

Well, maybe not a million, anyway, although I do have to take into account that 5 of you were able to take out a 400 HP boss in like four turns... so I anticipate the party as a whole to be able to deal upwards of 1,000 damage per turn (inflated slightly due to likely summon spam from the Magicians and debuffing from the Witch Doctors), and this is supposed to be a difficult battle. The first and easiest adjustment I'm going to make is Shuakegu deals damage with a higher dice than a d4 when he hits people, and has three or four attacks a round. And he's immune to movement based attacks because he's just a giant, shambling wall of flesh, teeth, eyes, and tongues; there's really nothing to grab and restrain there. ;D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2012, 05:45:48 am »

No conspicuous mooks to help whittle our numbers down?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2012, 05:51:03 am »

He isn't going to need them. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2012, 05:53:24 am »

FMI he dont trigger shield bash does he?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2012, 06:17:14 am »

No problem, Tiruin. Marking you as in. Also, which four evos do you want? And don't forget the 10 skills. :3

ALSO EDIT: I was re-reading the thread and realized the Tower of Magic team defeated the miniboss in about four turns... meaning those five can do about 100 HP a round on their own. Yeah, I'm gonna have to pump HP just a lil' bit for this fight. :P

That reminds me, i need to get some critical damage skills in there
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2012, 06:21:34 am »

Something I have been meaning to ask, with that amulet i can stay as a werewolf and attack while choosing to spend 0 mp to improve damage right? does that mean i can use my level 2 lycanthrope ability to attack twice at 0 each?

Edit: OOhh sorry for double post, this one was supposed to be in the other thread, But it works just fine here to I guess
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 06:23:08 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2012, 07:08:37 am »

Hmm, I actually hadn't thought about that. I would say no, if only because Tariq's class evo that allows him to do something similar has a negative side to it with the -1 accuracy from both, but on the plus side you would only need to spend 1 MP to get an extra attack anyway (and it would have the +1 Damage tacked onto it) so it's not a huge loss. Critical Damage skills are a good idea too. ^^^ And yeah, either thread is fine. I don't mind double-posting anyway, I do it myself all the time. :P

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2012, 07:20:57 am »

(inflated slightly due to likely summon spam from the Magicians and debuffing from the Witch Doctors)

What do you mean likely? I WILL spam summon :P

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2012, 11:30:08 am »

Wait if there are no mooks doesn't that make Ricochet basically useless? Or is Mr. Boss so big that the ricochet could hit him again?

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2012, 11:38:31 am »

@Spartan: Please distribute your skill-ups.
How exactly does that work ? Do I just give myself new skills? Sorry if I'm asking a stupid question but I really don't know.
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2012, 11:52:06 am »

Spoiler: Qongqothwane (click to show/hide)

Alright, and for Malakai's Skills...

Elemental Finesse (+1 to magic damage)
Elemental Finesse Lvl 2 (+2 to magic damage)
+5MP
+5HP x3
Elemental Mastery (+1 to magic damage)
Elemental Mastery Lvl 2 (+2 to magic damage)
Thought to Action (+10 Initiative)
Thought to Action Lvl 2 (+20 to Initiative)

And his Evos...
Magician: Malakai has the ability to drain an area of ambient mana, restoring 1d4 MP. Can only be done once per battle/room.

Enhanced Magician: Malakai can elect to deal damage over time rather than direct damage with his spells. When doing damage over time, instead of a 1d8 roll to deterimine Damage Success, 2d4 are rolled. The first is the amount of damage the spell will do, the second is how many rounds it lasts. Using a level 2 spell results in 2d4 for damage; level 3 is 3d4. Duration is always 1d4.
Enhanced Magician Lv2: Malakai now rolls d8s when determining damage and duration.

Elementalist: Malakai can summon an elemental of Fire, Ice, Lightning, Wind, Earth, Light, or Shadow to fight for him. The elemental has 8 HP, no stat bonuses, and inflicts/receives damage bonuses as per their element. Additionally, when damaging with Massive Successes, the elemental can inflict their element's status effect.
Elementalist Lv2: Malakai can summon up to three weak incarnations of the seven elements at once, or summon one Greater Elemental that has 16 HP, +2 to Acc/Dam/Def, inflicts/receives damage bonuses as per their element, and can inflict their element's status effect on Major+ damage Successes.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:40:42 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2012, 12:26:06 pm »

@Draignean: Elemental Master & Reflexive Magic: I'd just suggest splitting EM into two skills, one for accuracy and one for damage, and leveling those up to 2 since I'm not going to allow Reflexive Magic (Malleus's Knight Class Evo is the only thing, other than armor and shields, that can raise defense). Also you wouldn't need a qualifier in that regard since I don't want to have to remember each round what you cast last round. >.>

@Spartan: Basically you make ten suggestions for things you'd like to have as skills and I say yes or no, like with Draignean here. If you're unsure what to pick, I recommend these trusty standbys:

2 skillpoints for +2 to your preferred damage type (since you're a warlock, you'd probably want +2 with Magic Books, which would stack with the damage addition from your Warlock class evo)
2 skillpoints for +2 Accuracy
2 skillpoints for High Power Criticals (Basically, when your damage bonuses cause you to roll above 8 on damage, you deal an extra 25% per number rolled; 9=25%, 10=50%, etc. This causes the increase to start at 8 instead, so 8=+25%, 9=50%, 10=75%, etc.)
The last four skillpoints distributed among HP and MP to give yourself better survivability/more magic attacks.

@Powder: Hmm, I dunno. I'll see how much damage you guys are capable of per round and then decide if you need the extra boost or not. >.>

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2012, 12:38:38 pm »

@Draignean: Elemental Master & Reflexive Magic: I'd just suggest splitting EM into two skills, one for accuracy and one for damage, and leveling those up to 2 since I'm not going to allow Reflexive Magic (Malleus's Knight Class Evo is the only thing, other than armor and shields, that can raise defense). Also you wouldn't need a qualifier in that regard since I don't want to have to remember each round what you cast last round. >.>

'Aight, I guess I'll pull off Knock's scarred skill as well then.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:41:36 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24