Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: CvRTD Bonus: Turn 2: First Phase End  (Read 48878 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD 1-Year Anniversary Special: Bonus Boss Battle!
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2012, 02:58:12 pm »

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2012, 03:21:33 pm »

To be fair, I can only think of one time you guys actually tried one (Alora bringing a chandelier down on the Mirror Colossus) so it's not like I'm taking away a strategy you rely on all the time. :P And if he grapples you guys, which he probably will, you can still use your movement bonuses to help get your allies out of it. So no worries there, either. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2012, 03:44:31 pm »

But I wanted to shovel him off a cliff over and over again. That fall damage would have added up! :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2012, 03:54:12 pm »

too bad you specced in the  wrong "HUEHUEHUEHUE" build for this*
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2012, 03:58:08 pm »

We'll see if you're still laughing after Claire saves you like nine hundred times from grapples. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2012, 04:07:57 pm »

so i cant just freeze his arm off?  :P cross it?
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2012, 04:27:12 pm »

Serious I had an idea for another evo (See Spoiler below)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2012, 04:39:59 pm »

I'll tell you the same thing I did last time you mentioned lowering MP costs for werewolf attacks: MP determines damage bonus for werewolf attacks, so you kind of need it. How's this?:

Martyr of Blood: Takes 5 HP to enter, automatically loses 1d4 HP per turn, gains +1 to Damage, Accuracy, and Movement, loses Defense bonuses due to lack of concern with protecting self

Martyr of Blood Lv2: Same as previous, but bonuses go up to +2. Additionally, any damage Alexander takes during a turn (including the starting, if applicable, and d4 damage he takes for being in this state) before he deals damage is added to the total of the damage he inflicts a round. For example, If he were to inflict 2d6x2+50% damage and had taken 15 damage that turn - let's say the roll will turn out to be 5+3=8x2=16+50%=24 - then he would deal 24+15 damage points on his attack. By choosing to expend 2 HP, he can make that damage bonus (unaltered by the new loss of 2 HP) apply to any additional standard attacks he makes.

It's also possible to choose conditions for your initiative if you want, although most people don't. So if you wanted to say "I go last" to ensure you take damage, that's fine too.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 04:41:52 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2012, 04:41:53 pm »

:D That'll work!

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2012, 06:59:22 pm »

Can I upgrade Cleave?

Otherwise it would be
Hunter Lvl.2
Iron Hunter Lvl2.
Fearless Hunter 1
---Fearless Hunter 2
Raggle Fraggle

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2012, 09:46:26 pm »

Let me check.

Cleave is already at level 2, so it's fine as it is. As for the rest, your current class evos are actually...

Hunter (+1 to attack rolls) (Starting one, the four you picked are below)
---> Hunter lv2 (+2 to all attack rolls, stackable with skills & equipment)
-> Destructive Hunter (+1 to damage rolls; stackable with skills & equipment)
---> Destructive Hunter lv2 (+2 to damage rolls; stackable with skills & equipment)
-> Iron Hunter (Physical status effects, such as Swamped or Frozen, last one round less when inflicted. Physical SE that normally last until cured, like poison, have a 1-in-4 chance [4 on 1d4] of ending each round)

If you need help thinking of skills, you can always look at what I suggested to Spartan. ^^^

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2012, 11:36:14 am »

Uh Y? Not getting what this is about.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2012, 12:46:48 pm »

celebatory ultra hard boss of awesome gang-up. waitlisters included.
Quite fucked indeed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2012, 03:32:28 pm »

@Darvi: It's basically a just-for-fun thing. ^^^

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2012, 08:16:36 pm »

OK, I guess Krath isn't showing up. (What happened to him, anyway? He hasn't posted in the main thread in awhile, either.) Setting up the encounter now.

The man sat alone on the shell of what was once a car, looking around the ruins of a city previously known as New York. He smiled to himself. There was nothing living on Earth left to devour; no plants, no insects, no animals... Not even five minutes ago he had found the last creature left, a young girl, and broke her mind utterly before swallowing her whole. But still he wasn't sated. The man took a puff of his cigarette, noted it was down to the filter, and chewed on it while he thought. Perhaps there was nothing left on Earth to devour now... but he could expend a little of his precious energy, and draw forth food from a previous time.

Tekrushar's smile widened into a fanged grin. Oh, yes. He felt like a challenge right now. He was starving, but working for his meal would make it ever so much sweeter for the effort. There hadn't been any human he would consider a worthy opponent for several centuries, almost a millennia in fact... but not so long after the turn of the twelfth century there had been a certain journey, undertook by certain people, to kill an insignificant worm beneath his notice. Oh, sure, the vampire was a threat to humanity, but not to him. Nothing was left to be a threat to him. Shuakegu closed his eyes and stole into the minds of his selected opponents, bringing them into this continuum.

A group of nineteen people found themselves suddenly, and mysteriously, in what appeared to be a city. A ghost city, but clearly a place of civilization nonetheless. Some of the people were familiar to each other; a few were unknown to everybody. All were chosen for their strength, and all felt the great evil somewhere among the ruins.

(Giving you guys a turn to introduce yourselves to each other and for some to remember old characters / get into new characters. Next turn I'll officially begin.)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24