Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24

Author Topic: CvRTD Bonus: Turn 2: First Phase End  (Read 48856 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: CvRTD 1-Year Anniversary Special: Bonus Boss Battle!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 09:19:41 pm »

I've already got that stuff in my notes (At least, I think I do. I'll check). If you want to be lazy, I'd suggest picking up these:

Good Eye to lv2
Some form of damage increase with guns as a skill (Damage does stack, so it'd be +4 total)
3 points MP
Final 4 points in HP

That would enable you to do a good amount of damage with your attacks, and you'd have 30 HP / 60 MP to play around with. Those sound good? ^^^

EDIT: Yeah, they're there. I just have to note the artifact, but it's still in my PMs so I just have to copy it down.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 09:27:04 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 10:00:12 pm »

In!

And Yes to the Evos!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2012, 10:01:45 pm »

No problem, Tiruin. Marking you as in. Also, which four evos do you want? And don't forget the 10 skills. :3

ALSO EDIT: I was re-reading the thread and realized the Tower of Magic team defeated the miniboss in about four turns... meaning those five can do about 100 HP a round on their own. Yeah, I'm gonna have to pump HP just a lil' bit for this fight. :P
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:06:34 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2012, 10:22:54 pm »

Man, I am seriously tempted to make a character to join in on this. That witchdoctor class looks BOSS! Should I join?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 10:24:50 pm »

Man, I am seriously tempted to make a character to join in on this. That witchdoctor class looks BOSS! Should I join?

Yes. Yes you should.  ;D

So I guess Evos pertain to those skills?

> Guardian Lv2: Damage roll increases by +2 when counterattacking
> Final Guardian: Serrana can activate this ability as a free action whenever she is damaged. When activated, the damage will affect her MP, rather than her HP, keeping her alive longer.
> Final Guardian Lv2: Damage to Serrana's MP is halved, further extending her life.
> Warding Guardian: Serrana can activate this ability to draw enemy aggression towards her. When active, any enemy who attacks has a 25% chance to attack her instead of whoever they were targeting originally.
>

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 10:40:45 pm »

O.O;;;

Oh my god. I'm sorry, Zako. I cannot believe I forgot Daniel. Um... do you want to use him, or create a new guy? Or both? (Edit: For clarification, Daniel's old Evos would work well here since Shuakegu is classified as non-undead, and the evos would be more powerful since the damage rank increased from 1d4 to 1d6... meaning he deals d8s plus an additional d8 every melee attack. And he has a Level 3 Cross subweapon, for extra lulz.)

@Tiruin: Nope, Evos are separate from/usually more powerful than skills. I'll mark down the four evos you took there in my notes.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:50:26 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 11:20:55 pm »

Yeah, that sounds good.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 11:36:05 pm »

Hell yes.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 11:38:00 pm »

Hmmm... I'm seriously tempted to go with a new character, but sure, let's do good ol' Daniel. He really was completely boss. Still, put the character below into the waiting list for me, since I totally want to play with him later.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

He still needs 4 skills, so here are my suggestions to what I would like:

Spiritual protection: Magical attacks against Zanbithar have their hit roll lowered by 1. Lvl2: Damage rolls are lowered by 1 as well.

Voodoo Maestro: Increases chance of status effects being inflicted. Lvl2: Increases chance further.

I'm basically aiming for him to become a debuffer/spellcaster, and I think it would be a pretty interesting character to play.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 11:48:41 pm »

I could always remind you that, while Jakob is a merchant, he is also a fighter... Martial Artist, I guess, since he punches things. But I guess I can go with Marcus... I always did like Marcus.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 12:20:09 am »

Voodoo Maestro skill = Master of Counted Sorrows Evo and is therefore not allowed. But if he's a witch doctor too, then he has access to most of the same evos (I might provide a few divergent ones based on personality, like Alora and Alexander have) and that won't be a problem, you can just grab it whenever. ^^^ Also, he technically has 5 skills left since all characters start with a '+1 to something' skill; I would probably break Spiritual Protection down into two skills (one for accuracy, one for damage) and get both of those to level 2 if you have trouble thinking of useful skills. :D Anyway, marking Daniel down as present along with Claire; if you get Zanbithar finished and want to use him I can mark him down too.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 02:10:36 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 12:35:32 am »

YES

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:50:39 am by Spartan »
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 12:42:09 am »

Malakai and Knock Knock are in.

But... ah, could you repost Knock Knock's  sheet that I sent you? I don't seem to have a copy of it.  :-\

Also, does Malakai get anything else or is the same as he was at the time of his death?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 01:04:46 am »

@Spartan: Please distribute your skill-ups. ^^^

@Draignean: Um, choose four Class Evos from Weiss's list (you're both Magicians, after all, and the old Magician Class ability Malakai had has since been turned into something all casters can do, to make Magic Books a more useful option in combat), redo his skills like he's a new character (his old ones mostly kinda suck and he only has three) and repost Qong's skill choices so I can have them all right here on hand. :D On the plus side, you do get to keep Malakai's two demon contracts and a Level 2 book of each element like the boss version had, although you won't have his huge HP total, infinite MP, or seven elemental duplicates. :P

Also, so you have them...

Spoiler: Qongqothwane (click to show/hide)

Also, @Zako: I misread Voodoo Maestro. That actually is allowed; it's more akin to Qong's Wicked skill than MoCS. So it's fine, and I'll strikethrough my earlier statement. ^^^

@Talarion: If you want to power up Marcus, you can redo his skills the same and take four Evos from the options I gave Riccto (both are Hunters). Here...

Spoiler: Evo Choices (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 01:09:52 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 01:31:05 am »

Im in.
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24