Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - V2 - 5 year Challenge  (Read 52409 times)

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - 10 year Challenge
« Reply #180 on: March 10, 2012, 06:24:16 pm »

My fortress became the mountainhomes. Upgraded directly from baron to king. The king is also a vampire. This is year 11 of the fortress.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 10, 2012, 06:37:05 pm »

Shortly after my king, 60 automatons 60 antmen and 20 frost giants arrived. I believe they want my king. As a ultimate test of my fortress, i lowered all bridges while beeing attacked from the caverns and above ground at the same time.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2012, 06:41:37 pm »

First report I get about a frost giant siege that is actually met in combat.  But these numbers sound serious. 140 high grade siegers. Good luck. Maybe your vampire king can slay some of them :P
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 10, 2012, 07:05:28 pm »

I won. My complete melee squad died, except the squad leader. My king ist dead. He just finished his tomb, he is buried with dozens of trinkets in there.
The frost giants where actually 10 thieves (wtf). They mostly died in the fire of my marksdwarf squad (9 elite marksdwarfs, the training at the archery range works well) and turrets. Out of 230 dwarfs, i lost 40 in combat, 10 afterwards. Some dwarfs are throwing tantrums now, but only one child turned insane by now. While the loss of the king is a tragedy, I am sure that a new king will rise in time.

While the losses are high, i consider the fort a success. I think I will quit this game now and start a new one with the up-to-date Masterwork version. The next time I will enable more unfriendly visitors.

Here is the download link of the game, including DF binaries and settings. 73 MB. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7120822/mglarev%20final%20save%20-%2010%20year%20challenge%20Masterwork%20DF%201.4.1.7z
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 07:51:35 pm by mglarev »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2012, 08:14:40 pm »

Well Meph, cold hammering saved my life, i had a 32 strong siege of antmen, and needed some armor quick. set all 3 crucibles to cold hammer iron, made some armor out of it with my very small supply of fuel, decked out my military and crushed the invaders.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #185 on: March 11, 2012, 08:29:26 pm »

Tried to download the save, but the Wifi here is not really stable and I never manage the 73mb ^^ Still, anything you'd like to see added, a little easter egg maybe ?

I close the challenge for now, till the next release is out. Everyone who started can still finish though.

Oh, and I finished the magic system, did a lot of tweaks, added more types to create alcohol and work on spreading diseases that might strike your fortress.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:31:28 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2012, 09:02:12 am »

Hi Meph,

I know this is closed, but in case this might be useful to you:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5940

A few interesting things popped up late in the game:
- The golem forge and creature armory stopped working around year 8.  The workshops would produce boulders of blinding light in huge quantities, but no transformation would occur. I tried it with many different dwarfs, and it worked several times earlier in the game.
- A drow diplomat got stuck in my fortress, casting cloud of darkness every couple of months and triggering an ambush warning. No hostile action and no diplomacy, just stayed in the spot reappearing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2012, 06:00:15 pm »

Thanks for the last report :)

The golem forge might be because of intensive use of the guildhall/mages, they conflict. I am working on it.

The diplomat that goes into hiding is a nice bugfind, thanks for that one. Will check the drow, might even remove the interactions from them all together.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - V 1.7 - 5 year Challenge
« Reply #188 on: April 03, 2012, 02:49:48 am »

I updated the mod, so here we go again. Since 10 years seemed a bit much, I made a 5 year timeline this time :)

Have fun with all the fancy new stuff.

MarineMorton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 03, 2012, 10:33:38 am »

genned a world gone for the biome mix one nice large river on embark  5 years here we come!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #190 on: April 03, 2012, 05:16:04 pm »

Good luck. :)

For all the rest: 1.7 is there.

• Updated to 34.07
  • All building guides finished
  • +300 new creature sprites
  • Fish Farms
  • Better naming of bodyparts and another body overhaul
  • Seth Creiyds Dwarf Chocolate Mod (major parts at least)
  • Xangis Fear-the-Night Mod (slightly tweaked)
  • Many minor tweaks to reactions for better balancing
  • Many minor bugfixes

Notes:
I did remove a few features that do not work like intented, like the Guildhall, optional Clothing, the unfinished diseases and some transformations that might cause crashes (or not) I also did not do any test runs with this version. The reason for this is that I have not much RL time for modding currently. My next plan is to cycle 2000 km to Copan in Honduras, and that will take me 2-3 weeks. I made this update so you guys can have some fun and enjoy the bugfixes done by TodayOne, even if I did not finish all the planned features.

Special Thanks
This update has been heavily influenced by other modders, and I would like the thank arclance for the bloodwine idea, narhiril for the ongoing support and science about interactions, and of course Xangi and SethCreiyd for the big mods I was allowed to add. NW_Kohaku also deserves a mention here, since I based many of the new sprites on her (his?) work.

Full Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 04, 2012, 11:35:41 pm »

MW1.7

Well, is good you made it a 5 year challenge this time, because that is how long my fortress lasted :) 

Year 3 or so, there was an Elf Surgeon necromancer.  Unfortunately for him, the fortress was armed to the teeth and his minions were cut down in a blaze of gemtip bolts and copper hammerhead javelins.

Late year 4, There was some kind of crazy ninja batman that one-hit killed about 20 of my military dwarves.  (on the bright side:  the batmen had only steel, iron, and rusty iron.  no super elite weapons.)  Year 5, My fortress in such a weakened state, a medium size goblin ambush shows up, with an elite bowman and a berzerker.  OK, no problem, I still have a lot of promising recruits and good supplies of almost everything except wood, so shut the gates and wait it out.  Oops, look at that, a tantrumer appearently had broken the lever for the main gate.   Plan B -- draft and swarm.  We actually manage to kill the main force of the goblins (Hooray for war elephant and spirit webbers), but then the trolls come back to un-life.  Oops, the goblin berzerker is also a necromance... WAIT what?  ooook, this is not going to go well.  Then some elven merchants are risen as zombies.  Then my military dwarves start to fall.  The larger animals (yaks and cows) actually give a much better account against the undead hordes than the raw recruits, but noone stands any chance against the "Berzerkomancer".  Well, that was some !!Fun!!

edit.
OK, there's the odd dwarf "Urist McLeftForDead*, Dwarf of the Crafters Guild Maniac" (assigned names not by me).  He doesn't show up in Therapist, and his (v)iew-(z) screen has no emotions or preferences, it's like he's an NPC.  Also, his (v)-(p) menu gives me the option to slaughter him, but not to assign him the war elephant.  But after the militia heroically gave their lives killing the Berzerkomancer, this Maniac has systematically eradicated every one of the zombies.  At the moment, he's sole survivor, and has paused to ignore my orders long enough to equip some of the best Steel equipment in the fort.

*Actually, "Shorast Ancientcopper the Shark of Nadirs, Dwarf of the Crafters Guild Maniac"
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:58:12 pm by smakemupagus »

MarineMorton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 07, 2012, 10:16:15 am »

Started a new fort  to make it more fun for myself so I actually play for more than 10 Min the fort will start in the first cavern layer!  Love the big open caverns much more fun that way!

McFlow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 07, 2012, 12:20:23 pm »

I've been playing masterwork, I am in my fourth year with 69 (surviving) dwarves. Features encountered include a human imperial riflesquad siege of about 20 men (quite dangerous, although steel armor works against many of their bullets) and an orc siege of about 20.

I have one bugfind/easter-egg: A stonebound caste dwarf immigrated. Is this a feature or a bug? I have put him alone in a military squad, but he didn't use any magic yet. Do I need to do anything apart from sending him towards my enemies? If not, let's wait for some more combat.
I embarked on an island, saw the ocean was frozen, and decided to dig a fort in there. I forgot that it wasn't a freezing biome...

MarineMorton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 07, 2012, 12:49:06 pm »

Cannot wait till I get some of the cool features like that  just a normal fort for me in its second year!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16