Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - V2 - 5 year Challenge  (Read 52849 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - 10 year Challenge
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2012, 05:16:59 pm »

Golems work. Just doing a bit of testing, next version is pretty much done. Has some hidden features for adv. players as well.

Orcs are too weak you say ? Maybe it is the rusty iron stuff I gave them, should improve on that.

Again: You finished the challenge, so you can pick an easter egg, or item, anything, and I will add it :)

Could you show the layout at least, or some screenshots ? And these 400 dead things... are they dead, or still move a bit now and then ?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 05:19:12 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2012, 06:30:17 pm »

Sorry for the double post, but:

>>> NEW DOWNLOAD <<<

List of changes:
 - 12 new GUI options
 - Drow should sell slaves
 - Golems fixed
 - 6 Secret creatures. Turn the SECRET Setting to OFF if you are a new player.
 - Nerfed necros/healer/drow interactions
 - Fixed all reported bugs
 - New reactions for a lot of the vanilla buildings
 - New reactions for blast furnace, crucible and loading stations
 - Zombie bites might turn people into zombies
 - Custom Truetype Font. Toggle Truetype with F12.

Full Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Zuku

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 05, 2012, 11:31:22 pm »

Topside

Part 1 of living section

Part 2 of living section

Workshops

There are some extra things but thats the "main part" of the fort, and about thoes dead things ;) they are truly dead and burried (for the moment) dwarfs/caravans.

There have been a constant war on the map between Zombies(both orginal ones and MW), Withe tigers, Caravans, Kobolds(both orginal and MW), Goblins, Titans, Mega beasts, Orcs, Warlocks(Both dead and living) and now at the end blood cyclopes and giants entred the fray.

The fort is currently running on an average of 20-40 fps :/ so its a good time to start a new and build a real fortress this time ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2012, 01:02:39 am »

Did you bunker in and let the invaders fight among themselves ? If yes, then that is at least a very good test, and a succesful one, for the different ethics. Seems to work that they fight among each other :)

Pleased to hear that.

Zuku

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2012, 02:14:14 am »

Did you bunker in and let the invaders fight among themselves ? If yes, then that is at least a very good test, and a succesful one, for the different ethics. Seems to work that they fight among each other :)

Pleased to hear that.

Aye majority of the time i did, got hit by a Mega beast very early and it killed 3/4 of my dwarf population. So it was later on when I hade a stable population of 90 dwarf (aprox later 6 years hade passed) when started to fight both the undergrounds megabeast and sieges aboveground

And later on the invaders stop fighting the caravans and become like semi neutral (for an example the walking dead would protect the caravans from some invaders like Withe tigers, Goblins and Kobolds)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2012, 03:15:53 am »

Awesome randomness :)

I made a little material guide, since several people asked about one. Thought I post it here as well, why not. ^^ It shows a sorted list by weight for blunt weapons, shear values for edged weapons and value.

Metal Guide:

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2012, 07:14:35 am »

Ok since you released the 34.04 version It seems to behave in world gen now. Looking forward to finally playing this.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2012, 04:51:49 pm »

At this rate I'm unsure I will ever finish this challange :] You spam new releases faster than I can play (which is NICE actually).
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

alagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2012, 06:32:52 pm »

Normally I would just enjoy reading posts, but I really like the idea of this mod, and I decide to participate in your challenge!

I just started a new fort under your latest version, (which is 1.5), and still at around year one.

I am but a causul player, so I embarked at a calm and cold mountain region as sissy as always. I thought it will be like my normal peaceful first year, calm, eventless, making tons of stone crafts for trade, and fast forwarding my fort to the 2nd year without worrying anything (not even making any defense). However, I was so wrong.

In the begining of game (right after the intial pause at embark), I did notice an immidiately combat log showed up at top left hand side. Funny thing is it said my fisherman guy was not attacking anyting but studing some area. (The message was blue and said: "the fishcleaner studies the refuse stockpile.") The same combat log appered several times afterward, but I did not care too much. However, it was on summer, that this guy turned to be a Necromancer in disguse, and dropped quite a chaos deep in the fort. I was quite shock because it has never happend to me before. Afraid he was going to do something really really bad, I immediately moblized my two miners into combat squad, and eliminated him on sight. So, this combat log may be some kind of bug?? I mean if I read it next time, I will know this guy probably a necromancer.

Now, this fisherman was 1 of the intial 7, and was long acquaintance with the rest of the 6. One of em is even his friend, so it has became quite a drama in the fort. Espeically his friend, who witnessed the killing blow right next to the struck site, was very upset. He throwed tanturm several time, but calm out pretty soon afterward. Still went insane and melancholy in Fall. Amazing first 2 seasons for me for sure!!!

Now, some new migrants arrived in fall, and I did notice something strange. First of all, the initial 7 embarked with zero social skills, but I did not care too much. However, all of my first wave of 7 migrants came with zero social skills as well, and that worries me a bit. Can be a bug??

So far, I am almost finished the first year, because I am really playing it slow. (Don't know what will happen to me under this mod, lol) But I am really enjoyed this feeling, and will try playing a bit more the next two days on my day-off. Will put more feedback if I may!!

Again, thank you for the great mod!! It really brings my interests back to DF!!

alagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2012, 07:27:56 pm »

Sorry if I behave like double posting.

I forget to mention a weird thing. The necromancer died a horrible death (imaging he was picking to death by miners). He died of bleeding, according to the report, however there was no body to be found. Only his fractured right hand left on the thing. His body went just *puffed* in the Air.

I remembered I ticked the corpse stay option, and I killed a badger bear which did leave a corpse behind. So, what might be the problem?? Just reporting!

I was so wrong, I ticked the wrong option. So yes, I accidentally ticked the corpse gone button. Am I too late to change it back now??

I am sorry for my stupidity.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:10:06 pm by alagon »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2012, 09:43:36 pm »

When you change the options you would need to gen a new world. Sorry, no way around it. But you reduce clutter with it, so it is ok. Be sure to make a memorial slab for him though, otherwise you will have a ghostly necromancer after a while.

The combat log is intended. I would rather just have it as a normal report, like: "dwarf created a masterwork" but if it has to be a combat log, ok.

Seems I have to trim down the pop-ratio a bit, these guys should be more rare. There are several kinds, and other might have been more hostile/harder to kill.

cludgo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2012, 09:51:46 pm »

ghostly necromancer you say? will this ghostly necromancer raise up zombies?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2012, 09:56:13 pm »

Absolutely yes  :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #163 on: March 08, 2012, 02:47:44 am »

Changelog:

Important for testing: How do the caverns look and how do they look after you breached all three of them ? Hope they dont mix too much.

How is the magic system treating you ? You need slade and adamantine, as well as tradegoods from humans or drow to set it up, so I dont expect an answer in short games.

Are many people having issues with extinct races ? No caravans after a few years... ?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 03:09:22 am by Meph »

ItchyBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 08, 2012, 03:26:49 am »

Awesome... I've been waiting for this. :)

Starting a new fort now on a desert map.

Before I forget, a couple of trivial things regarding the settings manager:
  • When turning sound ON, it would be convenient if it also increased volume from the default 0 (to 255) and did the reverse when turning sound off. Perhaps also disable the widget (grey it out) when sound is off.
  • Processor priority button currently toggles it lower rather than higher. I'm assuming that the common operation people will want will be to make DF 'REALTIME' - so it's currently toggling the wrong way. It's also a bit odd that it's under the utilities tab - I'd have assumed this would be something a lot of people would want to change - perhaps move the button to the first tab and make it REALTIME by default?

Also a query - does turning off trader toys also break certain features? I get irritated with trader clutter, but still want them to bring certain 'special' things which have special uses (I'm assuming they're considered toys). Running with defaults currently (which is trader toys on), so won't be an issue for this fort, just curious. If it does break certain features with it off, then a note on the tooltip might be an idea.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16