Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - V2 - 5 year Challenge  (Read 52398 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - V2 - 5 year Challenge
« on: February 20, 2012, 11:40:36 am »

Hi everyone. I am the creator of the Masterwork Mod and would like to propose a little challenge to the gamers here. I cant play long testgames, and things like invader behavior, long-term balancing and caravan goods are hard to test for me.

I dare you to play a 5 year fortress of my mod. In the meantime, please note any weird things you stumble along, bugs, crashes, FPS drops, unbalanced features. Are you bored, too easy, too hard ? Is the mod easy to get into, or is the handling difficult ? As proof I only require some screenshots or an uploaded save in the end. You would play with the default settings and dont change anything in the GUI/Settings.

You can find the mod here: Masterwork Mod

>>>THE CHALLENGE IS OPEN<<<
>>>THE CHALLENGE IS CLOSED<<<

Previous winners: ItchyBeard. SAFry.
Honorable mention: Smakemupagus.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:50:57 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - 10 year Challenge
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 12:00:30 pm »

Is the Ironhand graphics set working in your mod yet?

If so, challenge accepted, with all of the fortress defense monsters on, on an evil biome.
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

luppolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 12:01:44 pm »

might give it a try

Feb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 12:05:22 pm »

I'm tempted, but I'm still spinning worlds and doing some !!science!!y stuff, I might do it after this batch of embark tests.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 12:06:58 pm »

Ill give This a try, and ill extra challenge myself for you. Ill try and see if i cant survive above ground, never using the underground for rooms, just mining. Lets do this!
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 12:18:12 pm »

Nice, thanks guys. Make it as easy (trap-corridor and danger rooms) or hard (aboveground and all FD races) as you like. Whatever suits you, the more different the playstyles, the more things you might discover.

PS: Seirously, dont use dangerrooms, they work slightly different in this mod. Just a friendly warning. 8)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 12:32:08 pm »

I did the standard Evil-glacier embark. After 3 years game crashes and I have no idea why. I can send a savegame if you wish with all the specified settings I have enabled. Only thing i changed in raws is changing the dwarf child to grow adult in 12 years instead of 5.

Does that count as finished embark?  8)

Starting a new embark today.

Also - mod is GREAT. Ha!
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 12:33:25 pm »

If i get the time to do it, i will give it a try. Would be the first fortress that i did not abandon before i passed 10 years. But since i have regained access to my real PC and don't have to use a crappy 6-year-old netbook anymore, FPS won't be an issue :D

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 12:49:51 pm »

Well, i just embarked and already have more skills then what I assigned. My supposed full time farmer is already a legendary Gemcutter. I JUST embarked. So yeah, that makes things to easy for me, especially since all my dwarfs started with one legendary skill, I have:1 legendary Gemcutter, a legendary diagnostician, a legendary farmer, a legendary axedwarf, a legendary fisherman, and a legendary woodcutter. This makes things Way to easy.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 12:59:19 pm »

Yeah, the castes are way to often in the current version. I already lowered the amount in my working version. But hey, wait for giants and automatons, before you complain about it being too easy :P Next version they will be about 50 times as rare.

And damn about the crash. Do you have any idea what causes it ? If you upload the save, I will have a  look if I can find something.

This is my changelog for the next version btw, if you are interested. Weapon upgrads, trees and kobolds are changed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:01:20 pm by Meph »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 01:02:05 pm »

Might try your mod as well.

Catmayne

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 01:06:30 pm »

I Accept this Challenge and I will try to make things as hardcore as I can possibly make it.

I'll just PM it
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 04:10:52 pm by Catmayne »

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 01:26:31 pm »

Challenge accepted.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:29:11 pm by gzoker »
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 02:08:28 pm »

ill go for this one, always happy to help with testing. although when is 1.3 going to come out Meph?

luppolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 03:13:28 pm »

i'll start tomorrow, since i'm not very confident even in vanilla i'll use the most cheap and cowardly tricks to survive and see if they're enough for this

i'll try a year per year report if i don't forget to write down whilst playing
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16