Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Warlord: Tserkovian Chronicles - Jump in Whenever You Want  (Read 17593 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Warlord-Suggestion Game
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2012, 01:07:53 pm »

Again, counting our chickens. We'll duke it out when we have picks in the ground, a furnace a smeltin', and hot irons a poundin'.

Until then any suggestions on what to do with the battle?
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2012, 10:58:24 pm »

Stop asking my questions for me. 

The concentration of men is getting deeper and deeper into the enemy's line, without going into the ditch completely.  Once again, you're at a standstill.  But now, at least, some of the pressure has been taken off of your men. 

Calling a nearby lieutenant, you bark at him to gather 50 men, and attack the archers.  Run around the battle if he has to, he must do it.  With a stiff bow, he runs off, taking some of the uninjured men in the back line.  This has the side effect of making the enemy think that some of your men are retreating.  They howl and dash themselves at your men further.  Fools.

You wait anxiously while your men fight and die, constantly wondering if your surprise attack worked or failed.  Suddenly, you hear a scream.  Several men, behind the line, sound like they're dying.  The barbarians in the back of the enemy wave turn around, and are shocked to see a group of your soldiers butchering their almost defenseless archers.  The bowmen have knives, some with swords, but none with any armor.  They're as good as dead. 

You expected the men to rush to the aid of their brethren.  They don't, and continue fighting.  Hmm...perhaps there is less loyalty in their ranks than you realize, or at least more common sense.  Still, while this has not completely turned the tide of the battle in your favor, at least now you can do some real damage.  And for all the enemy warriors' common sense, little do they realize that once your troops have either butchered the archers or driven them all away, they can easily charge the enemy's rear. 

See, plans like this have a low chance of failing.  Even if the enemy did make a good roll and rush to aid their bowmen, their line would have practically been broken. 

I didn't actually roll the strike force's chance of getting there, they would get there, ultimately, and do damage.  What I did roll was how the enemy would react. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2012, 02:13:50 am »

Stop asking my questions for me. 

Sorry. Just wanted to get off the metal topic.

Alright. Continue to butcher archers until they are no longer a problem then have the group rush the rear, pushing the entire enemy group into a clump and into the pit. Check numbers. If it is possible wrap around the enemy keeping them always in the pit and with a yell offer them the ultimatum: Surrender or die! If they don't surrender just hold your ground at the edges of the pit. Their morale should be hellishly low.

If they surrender, have them swaddled (tied up) and brought into camp, first thing. Second have the men trip the captured enemy and collect any weapons, armor, yaddiyadda and put it in a storehouse (any empty structure really) to which 4 of my honor guards will stand guard. Third have the captured brought before the high recruiter and turned over to him. fourth have the men collect the weapons, armor, junk, and corpses from outside the walls and make sure they are told to be alert. fifth I want to crush the slaves spirit so they don't want to revolt (Machiavelli 4 life).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:27:03 am by Gotdamnmiracle »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2012, 08:52:12 am »

Any specifics on the morale crushing?  I've read the Prince, he didn't mention anything about slavery. 

Also...the primary feel and culture of Tserkov is something similar to tsarist Russia.  I can understand different cultures springing up, but it wouldn't make sense for Thauldar to be part of an extinct tribe that doesn't seem to have any realistic basis for existence in the continent. 

An Aztec tribe growing in a wintry, and forested, neo-Russian land?  Sorry. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2012, 09:00:09 am »

Any specifics on the morale crushing?  I've read the Prince, he didn't mention anything about slavery. 

Also...the primary feel and culture of Tserkov is something similar to tsarist Russia.  I can understand different cultures springing up, but it wouldn't make sense for Thauldar to be part of an extinct tribe that doesn't seem to have any realistic basis for existence in the continent. 

An Aztec tribe growing in a wintry, and forested, neo-Russian land?  Sorry.

I was speaking specifically on the fear is better than love aspect.

Also, They needn't be Azteci down to the letter. In all reality they were very similar to tribal warfare on a large scale, Aztecs I mean, the government was a plutocracy with a monarch, very zealous. I was talking more about aspects not actualities. I don't expect them to share a lot of things. But if you don't like it then Okay. No worries. I'll settle for a Caligula I guess.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:08:11 am by Gotdamnmiracle »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2012, 09:07:09 am »

Machiavelli was focused more on draconic laws, and princely decrees to dissuade people from acting in criminal or rebellious ways.  Here you can just whip some guys.  Or can you be more creative than that?  8)

By year, you mean an actual date, or Year of the Dragon thing? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2012, 09:09:04 am »

Machiavelli was focused more on draconic laws, and princely decrees to dissuade people from acting in criminal or rebellious ways.  Here you can just whip some guys.  Or can you be more creative than that?  8)

By year, you mean an actual date, or Year of the Dragon thing?

Sorry sorry. I misread your post. I modified mine.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2012, 09:12:22 am »

A large question posed was "is it better to be a loved ruler or a feared ruler?" Machiavelli deduced the latter. And eventually we will have a town of some sort with draconian laws and the like. Until then, Ima go whip dudes.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2012, 09:19:00 am »

It is indeed safer to be feared.  Will do this tomorrow, probably.  I'd like some more votes, on everything really. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2012, 09:24:19 am »

Yeah. I don't know if I'm hogging the thread, have really good ideas that everyone agrees with, or if it's general unpopularity but people aren't seconding anything. I really like this thread by the way. Jusayin'  :).

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 26, 2012, 09:30:59 am »

Wow.  I'm suprised that the archers didn't run away.  But yeah, kill them.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2012, 09:35:05 am »

Wow.  I'm suprised that the archers didn't run away.  But yeah, kill them.

Right? We need to promote those fifty. That was a seriously bad ass move.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2012, 09:41:48 am »

So a vote for more butchering of the archers, and just let the rest of the battle finish?  Inaction means I'll have to roll if the enemy does something to change its tactics, and I've found that Random.Org doesn't like me. 

Sorry if I'm influencing your decision.  You're my only two viewers and voters.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2012, 09:43:58 am »

Oh! We aren't done butchering archers? Yeah, cut them up!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2012, 09:57:17 am »

Two orders for kill the archers, coming right up.

You can smell the blood in the air, it rejuvenates you.  From what little you can see, the archers are trying to run, and succeeding.  Once they go too far, you bark at your men pursuing them to halt.  You always had a good set of lungs, braying orders at your soldiers only strengthened them.  Your voice is heard all over the battlefield, and your troops stop. 

The rest of the battle rages on.  Your troops have almost broken the enemy line in half, but if the "barbarian" commander, whoever he is, is smart, he'd flank your boxed in men in a heartbeat. 

I hate Random.Org.  I swear it cheats, I know the site says my brain is just finding patterns, but seriously, I had too fails.  Luckily, the situation was good enough for nothing bad too actually happen to your troops, Thauldar just lost some good morale breaking opportunities.  I've had great successes on Random.Org, but they're so rare that I actually had the main character in another of my suggestion games die because of it. 

So yeah, what now? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13