Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Author Topic: You are rebuilding civilization ( Suggestion game) Suggestions Welcome.  (Read 66864 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How I missed that topic?

Anyway, I don't like our defence, fence is good and and all, but we must a) Make some shovels
b) Start digging a moat, at least a meter deep
c) reinforce the fence with earthwall

Long, time consuming but essential
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile

On that note, we really do need to fix up those towers on the south side, focusing on the Southeastern one. Without them we are vulnerable should an attack from animals or people happen, and the refugees did say that we are particularly visible on our hill.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are rebuilding civilization ( Suggestion game) Suggestions Welcome.
« Reply #392 on: June 01, 2012, 03:20:48 am »

any votes on adding the mysterious powder to the nanites as a source material?
any votes on throwing some into a metal furnace to see what metal forged with it does?

after all, whoever was running the factory previously wouldn't have been making simple explosives with it ...

anyway, we need to set up another trade mission -- we're running short on electricity, we've used up all our resources, and we've bunnies to sell :)

Ebbor: do we have enough power on the buggy for a trade run - if we travel 12 hrs per day, we've got 10 days power, assuming that we can't load spare power into the traders.

anyway, James and a driver will head out with the merchants to the mining colony - its been almost 2 months since we were there last, and i doubt their food shortages have gone away. James should take 1/10 unit of neodynium (micro magnets are still quite powerful, so its a strong demonstration of our refining capability) and head out as a trade envoy. We don't have much room on the buggy to carry things, so we'll continue to pay the merchants and allow them to carry <the trade goods> for us. (i just need to work out how much food we have spare atm ...)
Edit: James should take 2 extra lanterns for power (they were made from 10 cap units, so that's 20 extra energy he can take and recharge as they go)

James proposes to a) offer as trading partners with the mining community (refine ore for them,start from a position of 2 units of ore => 1 unit of metal (after all they can't know that we have a very good refining process, and also energy is quite scarce, given they may not be able to refine the ore at all).
In expressing how we are worth having as trading partners James should point out the buggy, and the nifty armor plates on the merchants cars, and tell them that is what became of their last trade with us. Also say that we will take requests for construction of advanced machinery, if the price is right. At the moment we are short on energy, so a full gas cylinder would be most appreciated. (yes i know we have the ethanol but we don't know how long/well the generator will run on that )

Ok: so we've a total of 976 food (a good portion of which needs roasting/ milling or otherwise preparing) 4 weeks to the next harvest, so we've 544 food spare (108 people * 4 weeks used) If the merchants are going to be away for 4 weeks, thats 120+8 food for them and the trade envoy, leaving us with 416 food to trade
15% is for the traders, so 354 food for actual trade (62 food is for the traders).

Utilizing the modular, individual cage design for our rabbit hutches, we also take 1 female rabbit and her 4 young. Given their food shortages, providing rabbits might be quite valuable.

while traveling James talks to Sophia and discusses the proposed trade deal with the miners and ask if they would transport ore for the miners for free, because once we turn it into much more valuable trade goods, they'll get 15% of the more valuable goods anyway, and besides, we'd have to smelt the ore for them anyway.

The merchants should leave immidiatally. (beginning of the week, not the end)
tl;dr. They take 544 food, 128 for eating over 4 weeks, 416 for trade, of which 62 is the merchants; james, and a driver take a spare lantern and 1/10 unit of neodynium. they take a rifle also. Trade priorities are bulk metal ores, and an offer to refine ores for them.
(that leaves us with 0 food, 432 food at the beginning of the week, just right for 4 weeks to the next harvest).

Ebbor: is there any way we can get a boost to a roll, ie add more people with skills, so that something gets done ... (basically roll for how many people it took, rather than if it succeeded)

anyway

16 farmers farm, 8 farmers start planting apple trees on the new plots
10 builders work to a) repair the towers b) build basic defensive earthworks around the south and west sides (is the ground adjacent to the fence flat or steep already? (north and east have gates, and the tower with a anti-tank weapon on it)
6 engineers cut wood using the carpentry tools to shape the materials for the builders
5 scientists work out how to super-charge the fence for a short while (extra power consumption, +1 on the attack roll) (they may need some basic electronics to do so)

5 run the nanofactory, and run simulations to try to work out what would happen if the mysterious powder was used as a food/fuel by the nanites, or if it was forged into/with a metal.

the constructor nanites are set working making more constructor nanites -- we might need these if something comes up in a hurry.

1 powder, 1 graphine, 1 elemental sorting continues. a small amount of rock is placed in the powder producing nanites to see if those elements help the process. (rock is generaly comprised of silicon oxide + aluminium, calcium, potasium, sodium in various combinations - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAPF_diagram ) - and most explosives tend to be based on either nitrogen, potasium, or chlorine (as judged from a wiki search ...) ).
5 scientists design a set of small containers which they can attach to the elemental sorting nanites to hold more reactive elements ... (sodium, potasium). Once done, they set about making them, utilizing glass and other materials as needed.

6 engineers note the wind spend the week analyzing why the previous attempts to build a wind-shelter have failed ...

2 blacksmiths, 4 civilians spend the week processing the grain.

5 scientists and Varinius try to run the generator off ethanol for this week (unless in their experiance of re-building it, they know that it would be silly to do so. I guess we just assumed from the beginning that our generator was happy running on natural gas, simply because we found a bottle of it nearby ...)

6 soldiers (3 guns, 3 swords ) take the 4 water carts for their normal water run
10 other soldiers(5 guns, 5 axes) , collect wood, as i can see that any attempt to improve our defences is going to deplete our resources quickly ...

6 soldiers guard (guns), leaving
1 soldier, 4 scientists, 3 blacksmiths, 1 driver and 4 children to help out where needed. (they'll probably end up helping planting, but that's last priority). The children will probably randomly work with whoever is teaching them that week.

Tobias spends the week mulling over fusion power and radio frequencies. If he gets bored he'll write a computer program to link to the radio and scan the spectrum for any new signals.

And i believe that is all 108 people + 30 merchants + the trade envoy and his driver taken into account :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:17:25 pm by andy_t_roo »
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 01, 2012, 10:14:19 am »

a while back we talked about adding a rain-water catcher to the guttering of our lab, lab -- did that actually happen?
It didn't. Mostly because it doesn't rain very often in the Amazon anymore.

Ebbor: do we have enough power on the buggy for a trade run - if we travel 12 hrs per day, we've got 10 days power, assuming that we can't load spare power into the traders.
You got enough. You'd either have to provide spare batteries or buy power to get back though.

Ebbor: is there any way we can get a boost to a roll, ie add more people with skills, so that something gets done ... (basically roll for how many people it took, rather than if it succeeded)
Nope, the current system still allows for 100 people to try to screw one bold, and still fail. I might change that, but maybe not.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 02, 2012, 04:11:19 am »

edited above.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: You are rebuilding civilization ( Suggestion game)
« Reply #395 on: June 03, 2012, 07:45:02 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And so we departed South, driving a selfmade vehicle, a sure sign of progress. We are accompagnied by a group of merchants, with whom we have traded before and are heading towards a mining colony. The voyage is supposed to take one week, and it will be the farthest anyone has been away from the base for years. I've taken my notebooks and such, so that I can properly document whatever might happen to me on this voyage.

Spoiler: Log (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, back in Spes:
The farmers start planting the orchard, with the kids helping them. (These don't have auto irrigation, and so they need 5 people per plot). Carpentry doesn't process very fast, but nevertheless the builders manage to make some progress. The fence is repaired and a ditch is constructed at the South side. However, Earthworks and the other ditch are not constructed as there's not enough time left. (btw, how would this work without making it actually easier to bypass the fence? Also, you have two antitanks weapons, and one is installed. I edited that for clarity)

The scientist think they could probably increase the voltage of the fence with 50% increasing it's deadlinnes. They'd need to change the fuses and powersupplies though, which they think would cost 1 crate of simple supplies. Increasing the power anyfurther would melt the wire. The scientists working at the nanofactory find out that adding the substances to nanites would probably not be a good idea. The nanites would break them down for supplies, freeing the energy in the process. This would most likely damage or even melt them. The computer simulation reveals something interesting though. When the dust is subject to certain magnetical fields or low electrical current, it will automatically create more of itself using the elements available. It's not as perfect as a nanite however, and will only use pure elements, such as produced when a dust molecule is broken down. This allows one to store energy in the dust, with carefull management of course.

Thus, when the things would be combined with metal, one could use it to heat the metal on command, by breaking down the dust inside. After that the dust would reform, getting it's power from an electrical/magnetic field. Possible uses are heating systems and thermal energy storage. Adding the rock does indeed have some effect, and the powder production speeds up quite a bit. Problem is that most of the rock is useless, and this waste material rapidely accumulates on the bottom of the nanite tube. While it's harmless right now, in large quantities it could give problems.

The reactive batches is are quickly constructed and the entire nanofactory is equiped with them, some rubber and glass was used in the construction. The engineers set up and design tents, and all seems well when they test them untill a strong gust of wind blows them away. They manage to recover them, but consider their design a failure. (This thing is haunted, apparently).

((While it's probably silly to run a natural gas generator on ethanol(liquid fuel ) I'm going to let you do it anyway since it's a futuristic generator.) Running the generator on ethanol works, though it does consume some fuel (25 liters/ week) and doesn't produce as much energy as gas, (only 200). Nevertheless, it's a good backup solution.  The woodgathering mission works quite well, as does the water gathering.

The backup group ends up helping setting up the tents, and more importantly, running after failed tent designs, flying away with the wind. Tobias isn't feeling very inspired this week either.
Extremely strong and irregular gusts of winds for the scientists to shut down the windmill, no permanent damage is done.

[/spoiler]
Traders: 354 food to trade
15 soldiers(  10 armed)
5 engineers
6 drivers
4 civilians
Sophia: Merchant leader

James: 0.1 neodymium, 2 lanterns 20/20, 1 female rabbit, 4 young, 1 rifle
1 driver
1 buggy 6/20

Date: First week of June ( every month has four weeks) 27 A.A
Bunker/Fort:Spes: South America
Spoiler:  Heroes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Raw materials (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Intermetaire products (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tools and weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vehicles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: People and livestock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Surroundings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Recipes (click to show/hide)
Quote from:  Stats(Combat system copied from adwarf with permission
-Normal people: 0 attack, 0 defense
-Soldiers: 2 Attack, 4 defense
-Gate: 1 Attack 4 Defense
-Fence: 2 attack 6 defense
-Antivehicle thingies: 2 Attack 0 defense
-Watchtower: No Attack: 8 defense
- A-T Cannon: 8 Attack No  defense( Damage spread)
-Armored Vehicle: 0 attack 6 Defense
-Mutant ape: 1 Attack, 1 defense 1 hp
-Wild Dogs: 4 Attack, -4 defense 3hp
-Giant crocodile: 2 attack, 4 defense 10hp
-Leukrokottas: 6 Attack 8 Defense 15 hp

Spoiler: GM note (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reactor damage report (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 01:23:10 am by 10ebbor10 »

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 03, 2012, 07:47:18 pm »

wow - i underestimated our technological advantage ...

i believe we can help these people allot, although, if they have problems with contaminants, they may not be able to have livestock there long-term.

if i were meta-gaming i'd have scientists back home start designing a purification system (basically mysterious powder mk 2, combined with mysterious powder b) - mysterious powder mk 2 can decompose compounds (breaking checmical bonds isn't that much harder ...) and mysterious powder b forms 1 specific compound (h20) with energy rather than more of itself -- the "purification filter" is just a mix of these two nanoids - pour contaminated water in, get pure water out.

But thats not what we're going to do (yet).

Re: how to build a moat without weakening the fence - i wasn't sure about that either -- thats why i changed it to "defensive earthworks" -- because we don't have current knowledge of the immediate surroundings of our fence. (the lab is at the top of a hill is all we know)

Given that its an upwards slope - i imagined that the defensive works are either a ditch dug 5m back from the fence ( far enough that it doesn't bother the fence integrity, but close enough that people in the towers have line-of-sight to the bottom of the trench., but not too far that the resulting angle makes the near-side shallow enough it  stops being steap enough to be a hinderance)

(drawn in 20 seconds using a laptop touchpad and paint - sorry for the quality ...)
The idea here is to prevent a rapid charge of the fence -- and to prevent vehicles/leuks getting up speed to ram the fence.

If i'm detailing the running the town, anyone else want to run the trade - we'll beed more gas,iron, copper, and perhaps some type of silicon ore, as we can make electronics, and a gas cyclender. The nanofactory can make whatever else we need - we just need raw metal, and power.

Also, ask what they would trade 25l of ethanol for, and we might bring some next trade, (depends on if we can get a gas cylinder or not ...)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 04, 2012, 10:45:45 am »

I understand how the moat would help. What I do not understand is how the an Earth wall would help.
Anyway, explanation on your immediate surroundings.

The hill your base rests on mostly forms long gentle slopes. No problem for vehicles or anything else to get up on, but running up would defenitly be tiring. The slope is a bit steeper at the East side(River), but is still passable.  The West side is a bit rockier then the other sides,  but no problems. Your fort is quite visible on top of the hill, as it rises about 100-200 meters above the surrounding landscape.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 04, 2012, 08:48:18 pm »

ok.
This week,
10 (5 guns, 5 swords)  soldiers head out to resource depot Alpha with the aim of returning with the basic resources stored there, if its various types of unusual ore for the forge, or exotic materials used within experiments, or even a moderate amount of special and sensitive items which need to be carefully stored.
10 scientists go with them.

16 farmers, work the fields
the other 8 farmers, and 2 civilians tend the new orchard
5 blacksmiths plant 1 more orchard
(w don't have the man-power to look after the final orchard, or i'd plant it also)

1 driver, 2 civilians spend the week cooking

We need to keep the water runs going with these new trees atm, especially if we get interrupted with other things, such as forging a large pile of metal :)
5 armed soldiers, 2 unarmed soldiers do a water run.

the 5 nanofactory scientists see if they can (using the computer) design a version of the mysterious powder that only de-constructs (this powder wouldn't be stable as it would need something to sinc the energy into). They observe the residue from the rock placed into the Nanoids creating nanites, and wonder if simply placing that in the elemental sorting nanites would work, now that there are appropriate places to store any random compounds which come out.

10 engineers and 10 builders a) craft wood to planks, b) fix the SE tower, c) finish the ditch. d), line the top of the ditch with spikes overhanging the edge (say 1m between spikes, so they don't obstruct the view, just make it hard for large creatures/vehicles to get past). If the engineers decide that d) isn't practical without metal, we'll have to forget this for now.

5 scientists, realising that they aren't going to get through that blast-door in a hurry, design and use a winch system to lower the "breathing apparatus" and 2 people down the lift shaft, to the first floor on the other side of the blast door. (if they get there, they take the final lantern with them)

2 engineers and tobais work on his idea for linking the radio to the computer.

5 scientist (do not work to design storm shelters for our crops ...) takes axes and go with the water crew to gather wood

4 scientists use the electronics to upgrade the fence. Once the fence is upgraded, they also wire in an additional power toggle switch into the Fence Activation Switches which are in each tower.

the remaining 5 scientists design an ethanol powered generator. (trying to run the forge, and the nano-factory is going to empty our power reserves quite quickly ...)

5 soldiers guard, 4 children follow their aprentices, and Varinius tries to make sure that nothing blows away, catches fire, ... (re-roll the lowest roll which happens in the camp? As an engineer and a hero, i'm sure his supervision would count for something...)

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 05, 2012, 01:42:56 pm »

What is the windmill doing right now?  Is it hooked up to a generator?  If not, it shouldn't be too hard to.  That probably wouldn't provide much power and wouldn't be very reliable, but it could save us some fuel.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 05, 2012, 01:45:34 pm »

What is the windmill doing right now?  Is it hooked up to a generator?  If not, it shouldn't be too hard to.  That probably wouldn't provide much power and wouldn't be very reliable, but it could save us some fuel.
Windmill is hooked up to an improvised generator and some bellows.

It provides d100 power per turn

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 05, 2012, 07:06:06 pm »

Yeah, the windmill actually came first -- it turns out it is easier to design and build a windmill than repair a generator when you have little metal and no electronics :)

I'm tempted to build a second one so that the average power gain is 100, enough to run the forge, especially given that you can easly just link the shafts for the windmills to run through the same generator.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: You are rebuilding civilization ( Suggestion game)
« Reply #402 on: June 19, 2012, 02:28:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The negotiations only go mediocre. While the neodymium surely is interesting and such, it has no actuall value to him. Your proposal for a trading alliance will be considered, but isn't at the moment. The old man points to the building, which seems to be this towns ore refinery and smelting installation. The offer to do custom construction is succesfull though. The towns leader takes you through some buildings into what seems to be a large hangar. There you find several vehicles, all intended for use in the mining industry, though most of them seem to be badly damaged. He leads James to one of the smaller ones. It's seems in descent shape, though one of it's caterpillar tracks is badly damaged. This doesn't seem to be the only damage too, as the engine case is also dented, which probably caused some minor problems. Apparently a minor rockslide occured, which partly crushed the vehicle. The leader indicates that he would pay you a large amount of food/goods worth equal to food, should you be able to bring the spare parts.

Then, the actual negotiations. It seems food is used as an imprompto currency out here, so ...
Quote from: Our items
Item: worth in food
Food : 354
Female rabbit: 60
4 Young: 20 each
Quote from: Their items
Metal ore: 5 each
Copper ore: 5 each
Metal bars: 15 each
Copper bars: 15 each
Gas tank: N/A (none for sale)
Charcoal: 5 each
Trading will be set to have occured on the beginning of this week, so if you tell them to return immediatly they will do so and arrive at the beginning of next turn.

Meanwhile: in Spes

The mission to resource depot goes quite well. The scientists manage to find a variety of things. First of all, a sheet entirely made of carbon nanomere wavers. Second, they manage to find a few blocks of ore, of various types. Luckly the scientists are able to indentify it. It' seems to be rather pure Titanium ore. They also manage to find some other metals, including silver, gold, iron and Silicium. Further back in the bunker, they make another nice find. What it is they don't know, but guessing by it's case it's probably important. Also radioactive. One of the scientist trips over something on the way back, and is extremely lucky to find out that it's a 5 liter can of compressed He-3.

The farming goes rather well, as goes the coocking. The water run is succesfull though, and more than that. They manage to find something stuck in the mud in the drying river bed. As far as they can see it seems to be a small plane, seeing as they can't immediatly take it with them, they extract the radio, which seems to be working. The plane crash is probably not that recent, but the wreck has mostly likely be covered by mud for some time and is only now visible with the river's debit falling. They've noted the location, and you can come back to pick it up. The scientists going with the water crew only cut one tree, as they are to preoccupied with the plane.

A version of the mysterious power that only deconstructs. (Do you mean that it can only deconstruct itself, by exploding, or that it would deconstruct other things.) That would be similair to your sorting nanites. They managed to extract the rock residue out of the creator nanites and place it in the sorter, which quickly finishes it. Seems like it was just junk the nanites couldn't use.

The last tower and the ditch are rapidly constructed and completed, as your base is rapidly returning to it's former shape.  A simple whinch system is constructed, and the scientist manage to bypass the door. Sadly, the platform on which they are landing and the ditch aren't deemed to be strong enough to hold the breathing apparatus, so they are still confined to the area close to the door. They find that from here the it goes down again, but as they can't explore that far, they set themselves to getting the door open again. The last two locks simply refuse to give away, however they try.

The computer is correctly linked up to the radio, and also to the transmitting equipment found in the plane. This will allow you to broadcast in a broad spectrum, as long as the radiation doesn't jam anything. The fence is upgraded and emergency toggles are connected, and a failsafe system is devised to allow towers fence control to be disconnected should a tower fall into enemy hands.

Designing an ethanol powered generator has proved to be quite complex. In the end they come upon a workable design, though it will need quite a lot of parts and a medium large amount of metal. Adding neodymium would allow the generator to be more efficient.

Nothing exploded today.

The wind remains strong, thought the windmill can be used today.

Traders: 354 food to trade
15 soldiers(  10 armed)
5 engineers
6 drivers
4 civilians
Sophia: Merchant leader

James: 0.1 neodymium, 2 lanterns 20/20, 1 female rabbit, 4 young, 1 rifle
1 driver
1 buggy 6/20

Date: First week of June ( every month has four weeks) 27 A.A
Bunker/Fort:Spes: South America
Spoiler:  Heroes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ores (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raw materials (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Intermetaire products (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tools and weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Food (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vehicles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: People and livestock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Buildings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Surroundings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Recipes (click to show/hide)
Quote from:  Stats(Combat system copied from adwarf with permission
-Normal people: 0 attack, 0 defense
-Soldiers: 2 Attack, 4 defense
-Gate: 1 Attack 4 Defense
-Fence: 4 attack 6 defense
-Antivehicle thingies: 2 Attack 0 defense
-Earthworks: 1 attack, 4 defense
-Watchtower: No Attack: 8 defense
- A-T Cannon: 8 Attack No  defense( Damage spread)
-Armored Vehicle: 0 attack 6 Defense
-Mutant ape: 1 Attack, 1 defense 1 hp
-Wild Dogs: 4 Attack, -4 defense 3hp
-Giant crocodile: 2 attack, 4 defense 10hp
-Leukrokottas: 6 Attack 8 Defense 15 hp

Spoiler: GM note (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reactor damage report (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 19, 2012, 02:49:42 am »

James should get the specs for the spare parts for the cat; specifically about the engine, if that is damaged. Ask For a single link from the Caterpillar track, so we have a template to make a new one from.

also, is there any metal scrap we could take with us?
"A version of the mysterious power that only deconstructs. (Do you mean that it can only deconstruct itself, by exploding, or that it would deconstruct other things.) That would be similair to your sorting nanites."
Yes, the idea is to have self-repairing objects, when the partial deconstruction of other resources is combined with construction of things other than self -- sort of a way to get nanotech into the field without needing a careful power transition that the factory contains.

Although, a super-explosive self dissembler nanite would be "useful" ...

edit: Titanium, yay, lets burn it, grind it up, then use it in toothpaste, paint, and pyrotechnics  :P

ebbor: on a slightly less silly note, do you think we are able to smelt titanium in our refinery, or nano-fab?

also, does the discovery of the plane mean that the 5 scientists who i decided to Not work on farm covers had a critical success ...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 03:20:47 am by andy_t_roo »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 19, 2012, 06:10:06 am »

1) You get your links, and a couple of broken ones. For the rest you'd need to redo the entire left side, not only the track but also the wheels and such upon which it is suspended. When looking at the motor the damage quickly becomes clear, a small crack goes over the entire motor block, and several lines and tubings are damaged. The engine seems to be a hybrid: electricity and an unknown fuel

2)Nope, no free scrap, nor any scrap for sale.

3) So a nonrechargeable battery(the nanite would have to break down parts of itself to provide the energy) that gives both energy and resources. Seems possible.

4)Your nanolab can do anything. (Except radioactive/ reactive substances. Nanites ain't invulnerable). The forge should be able to take this Titanium ore

6)The scientists that were going with the water caravan found it, yes. Though you don't have it yet, you have to send some people over to bring it back.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30