Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 187793 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Fourth Rest Phase REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #630 on: March 18, 2012, 11:11:52 pm »

Bookthras, it's pretty clear we have read Mephs stuff and what it means completely differently. Just... entirely. Whatever. At this point, I honestly think the shorten stuff could just be flavour. And while I don't /like/ it, shortening now is probably our best chance to find out. So yeah.

[/color=red]unvote vote Dariush[/color]
Shorten

Whatever happens, we'll have more information tomorrow about what exactly is going on. If we go another night without a kill, your supposition that we can shorten every day would seem supported.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 19, 2012, 10:56:30 am »

I still rather believe that anything related to being tired is just Meph screwing with us.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 19, 2012, 12:11:35 pm »

The Vote Tally
Bookthras: Dariush
Dariush: Bookthras, IronyOwl, Jim Groovester, Shakerag, GlyphGryph, Toaster, Urist Imiknorris

Despite all his cursing and spitting at you, Dariush eventually agrees to stay behind. The rest of you rush off out of the Arboretum and off towards the hanger.

You are running! Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Fourth Run Phase REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #633 on: March 19, 2012, 08:50:15 pm »

Run, run, before you're well done.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 19, 2012, 09:16:02 pm »

Go go no night kill.

* GlyphGryph crosses her fingers as she runs, hoping to whatever god's willing to listen that their pursuers are too distant to strike at them. She could feel how close they were, now, to the ship. The sweet, sweet smell of potential freedom tempted her, drove her on, though her muscles were weary and her lungs burned. She stumbles at one point, feels a hand on her arm. Looks up to see Toaster pulling her to her feet once more. She nods at him, ever so slightly, and carries on.

* GlyphGryph runs on. Under leaves, through bushes, across catwalks over the lush garden of the Arboretum quickly gives way to cold steel. As she looks around, she hopes that everyone is still with them. Could they possible make it a second time with no complications? It almost seemed too much to ask...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 19, 2012, 09:22:17 pm »

Go Go Gadget roller skates and jet engine.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 19, 2012, 09:25:18 pm »

* GlyphGryph crosses her fingers as she runs,
o___0  You're a she? I would have bet my left... eyeball you were a he. Not that it matters, of course, but I'm surprised. Cheers to you, ma'am.

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 19, 2012, 11:21:05 pm »

Go Go Gadget roller skates and jet engine.
This.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 20, 2012, 12:29:03 am »

Yeah, we're almost there! ...though flavourwise, Meph said "the hangar and the ship are effectively the same thing as far as you know" earlier...

So, a few thoughts pending resolution of the run phase:

First, if we get through with no kills, we should keep shortening, but 24hrs before deadline, so we have time to rest. Yeah, it may all be just flavour/red-herring, but go with what works.

Second, what to do for the lynch D5? We can discuss in more detail then, but:
a) Nolynch continues to be a stupid idea due to the "a bunch" thing; insta-shorten is bad too due to fatigue.
b) Toony D3 and Dariush D4 were obvscum; we don't seem to have obvscum for D5 (though of course I have suspicions), so as an alternative, we could perhaps lynch Zrk2. It seems to be compatible with everyone's win conditions, and from a meta-gaming standpoint it alleviates the need for a replacement...

...unless there's someone who mustn't get to the ship for the escape to happen. My current suspicions for those are, in order: GG, IronyOwl, Jim. Toaster has fallen back, since he hasn't behaved scummily (though he has fooled me before), while Irony has climbed, as he hasn't been very active, and seems to just go with the flow and avoid controversy wherever possible. I'm also concerned about Shakerag, for being the lurkiest of the current players.

So, we're almost there. Should we hang an absent player, or the scummiest of the remaining ones?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 20, 2012, 12:43:50 am »

I'll replace Zrk2.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 20, 2012, 12:54:44 am »

No, you stay back there and sacrifice yourself for our benefit.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 20, 2012, 01:17:24 am »

I'll replace Zrk2.
As much pleasure as it would give me to lynch you twice in the same game, I think that's a bad idea. You would bring knowledge of your previous role to add to your knowledge of Zrk2's, and may also bring axes to grind or whatnot. You would have seen role flavour, night results, and the like from two players. It would be difficult to analyse your play in that different perspective.

It's up to Meph, of course, but I'm against it.

But thank you again for being helpful.   8-P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 20, 2012, 02:47:47 am »

Second, what to do for the lynch D5? We can discuss in more detail then, but:
a) Nolynch continues to be a stupid idea due to the "a bunch" thing; insta-shorten is bad too due to fatigue.
How confident do you feel that this isn't just flavor?

b) Toony D3 and Dariush D4 were obvscum; we don't seem to have obvscum for D5 (though of course I have suspicions), so as an alternative, we could perhaps lynch Zrk2. It seems to be compatible with everyone's win conditions, and from a meta-gaming standpoint it alleviates the need for a replacement...

...unless there's someone who mustn't get to the ship for the escape to happen. My current suspicions for those are, in order: GG, IronyOwl, Jim. Toaster has fallen back, since he hasn't behaved scummily (though he has fooled me before), while Irony has climbed, as he hasn't been very active, and seems to just go with the flow and avoid controversy wherever possible. I'm also concerned about Shakerag, for being the lurkiest of the current players.
So you suspect everyone except Toaster, who you used to suspect, and Imiknorris. What's your opinion on Imiknorris, anyway?

So, we're almost there. Should we hang an absent player, or the scummiest of the remaining ones?
I'd say that depends entirely on whether there's a kill tonight or not. If there isn't, then either we've nailed all the scum or it doesn't matter anymore. If there is, lynching Zrk2 isn't going to accomplish anything.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 20, 2012, 04:48:13 am »

Irony:
How confident do you feel that this isn't just flavor?
I think the warnings against nolynching are sincere, as in if we don't leave anyone behind, captors are more likely to take "a bunch" of us (as has happened before, according to Meph). I also think the need for rest is consistent with the run/rest/run/rest setting. Whether the shorten matters, or fatigue plays into it, I don't know. I guess we'll find out. But I say if it works, roll with it. Shortening worked (or seemed to, there was no kill) N3, so it was worth trying N4. If it works again, we should try again.

So you suspect everyone except Toaster, who you used to suspect, and Imiknorris. What's your opinion on Imiknorris, anyway?
Oh, I like how you phrased that, and just as soon as I painted you blue. Yeah, not suspicious at all. But to answer: I don't really trust Imiknorris, but he's the last claimed pilot, and I think we need a pilot to fly the ship, so I want to keep him alive. I don't absolve Toaster at all, he still seems fishy, but you have climbed up ahead of him. It's interesting how you become more active when people seem to suspect you. Do you think I should spend more time hunting Toaster instead of you?

Your recent contributions have been little more than "yeah, Toony is obvscum, lynch'im" and "yeah, Dariush is obvscum, lynch'im".  Your last really content-full posts were back in D2 and early D3, talking about Dariush and Toony. I'm not saying you're necessarily scum for them, but I think they are worth a reread for people who may not recall; here are a couple:[1][2]. For the full list, check the LurkerTracker.

Questions for you: What is your read of Toaster, Shakerag, and Jim? Why do you think there was no kill N3? Tolyk and Toony claimed dopp, how many more dopps do you think are amongst us? How do you think this matters?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Fourth Rest Phase
« Reply #644 on: March 20, 2012, 05:34:23 pm »

I've found it hard to summon up the necessary motivation to play this game, in comparison to the motivation it requires to play video games.

If this weren't a bastard game, I'd argue that somebody who suspects everybody suspects nobody (i.e., is scum), but the lack of roleflips has certainly muddled the issue.
Bullshit. In a normal game, if I'm town, the only person I know is town is me; by default everyone else is suspect, it's just a matter of degree. Barring mechanics for a confirmed townie, even the most innocuous person may be just a very good liar. I didn't say I suspected everybody equally. Or is there anyone you don't suspect in the least, Jim? Who is confirmed town to you?

Suspecting everyone is a scum move, most used by players who have some experience but not a lot. They want to look like they're active and involved and paying attention to the game so they find reasons to suspect everyone, even if the reasons are insignificant.

And here I see you making the same mistake. Hmmmmm.

If you think it's a bad idea, but you don't oppose it, you're being shifty and scummy.

You're really digging the bottom of the barrel, aren't you?

People who think shortening is a bad idea and say as much, but won't explicitly oppose it, are scummy? Right.

Jim, Shakerag: have the balls to either shorten or oppose the shorten.

I wouldn't have done either even if I wasn't busy playing video games for the past several days.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 63