Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28

Author Topic: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository  (Read 139615 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository
« Reply #255 on: March 13, 2012, 12:19:13 pm »

Anyone have any tips on getting secrets to actually appear in the world? even with ten copies of my alicorn secret and secrets set to five in worldgen, i get necromancers everywhere!

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 13, 2012, 12:44:10 pm »

Anyone have any tips on getting secrets to actually appear in the world? even with ten copies of my alicorn secret and secrets set to five in worldgen, i get necromancers everywhere!
[/quote

Secrets need a raise dead spell to make towers, and you want secrets set to 0, not 5.
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 13, 2012, 01:52:48 pm »

If used in fortress mode, ice spells make an enormous amount of friendly fire.
The ice cone attack, obviously, hits multiple targets and doesn't discriminate.
The ice spike sometimes leaves behind liquid material on the ground, which evaporates and is breathed in by everyone around.
Recommended for fortress mode to remove syndrome and use only ice spike. It breaks bones.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 13, 2012, 02:17:11 pm »

If used in fortress mode, ice spells make an enormous amount of friendly fire.
The ice cone attack, obviously, hits multiple targets and doesn't discriminate.
The ice spike sometimes leaves behind liquid material on the ground, which evaporates and is breathed in by everyone around.
Recommended for fortress mode to remove syndrome and use only ice spike. It breaks bones.

But...
Friendly fire is the entire point!
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Nicolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 16, 2012, 12:17:27 am »

I figure I'd contribute by adding Corpse Explosion to the list

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and for creature

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 16, 2012, 01:04:38 am »

Hahaha, that is freaking awesome. Gives me some flashbacks of my fond times as a Diablo 2 necromancer. I will have to steal that one, once I figure out what I can use it for (and with permission of course ;)).

Snow Gibbon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 16, 2012, 05:21:30 am »

So I'm trying to make an interaction that turns a corpse into a fire imp, through arcane soul binding and flesh morphing and whatnot. However, they seem to not like their summoners and will attempt to bite them to bits (for clarification, I don't want this to happen). I found this amusing when I wandered to a tower full of the things as they promptly swarmed their masters. I don't believe that the problem lies in the interaction (though I could easily be wrong) but maybe in the creature themselves? the raws for the Fire Imp is at the DF Wiki: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Fire_Imp

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 16, 2012, 10:09:59 am »

I suggest duplicating fire imps and making the new duplicate undead. They may be hostile to their masters simply because they exist as living animals, which necromancers are likely still hostile to.

Keep in mind that I could be horribly and completely wrong. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 16, 2012, 08:15:24 pm »

I suggest duplicating fire imps and making the new duplicate undead. They may be hostile to their masters simply because they exist as living animals, which necromancers are likely still hostile to.

You are right. As well as turning them into fire imps, the reaction needs to add the zombie tags to them.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

axeman157

• Bay Watcher
  • ...And my Mi-Go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 16, 2012, 09:44:16 pm »

I really want to mod my adventurers with this, except I don't know where to put lines. Where do I put these lines?

Snow Gibbon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 17, 2012, 12:35:00 am »

You are right. As well as turning them into fire imps, the reaction needs to add the zombie tags to them.

Yeah, I did do something along these lines. It worked strangely. Towers weren't filled with the imps as I thought, just . . . people. Like, Gem Setters, Wax Workers, Carpenters, and such. They weren't corpses either. They still moved slowly but they were pretty tough to kill, not like  actual undead who take two swings to fell. I got swarmed by them before I actually got anywhere near the doorway, but I could see that the walls were getting covered with human blood from the outside, so something wasn't right there. I need to do some further investigation apparently.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 17, 2012, 07:21:49 pm »

I really want to mod my adventurers with this, except I don't know where to put lines. Where do I put these lines?

What exactly do you want to use?

The raws generally go in .txt files in your dwarf fortress/raws/objects folder, but it's important to place them in the correct format (a raw set for a plant or rock type placed in a file with the [OBJECT:CREATURE] flag will not work, and create errors.)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

arzzult

• Bay Watcher
  • This statement is false.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 18, 2012, 05:49:23 am »

Well I might as well chip in my 2 cent.

The debuffs;

the undead;

the undead that debuff;

something worse;

and the people that use/make them;

Warlock

and Grand Necromancer
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 12:54:53 am by arzzult »
I just realized two things. 1. For the Win and F___ the World have the same initials. 2. They have the same meaning in Dwarf Fortress.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 19, 2012, 10:06:53 pm »

I've got a final update on my elemental and defensive magics secrets coming along. Let me know if you can find them in adventure mode, because I'm actually still testing that (towers are VERY difficult to get into alive when you haven't trained for millenia beforehand!)

Spoiler: The Secrets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Necessary Effects (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 11:40:04 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 20, 2012, 12:48:07 am »

I figure I'd contribute by adding Corpse Explosion to the list

and for creature

I played around with this some, and accidentally invented a new sport.

I call it Dwarven Football.

For some reason I thought smaller creatures burned faster so I set the body size of the new creature to be 1 cubic centimeter. I was wrong about the burning, so I kicked the creature in frustration and Dwarven Football was born!

Combine this with your variation of Nicolo's (originally HugoLuman's) resurrect-and-transform interaction and you'll get an interaction that turns corpses into kickable/warhammerable flaming skulls that explode where they land and fly pretty well. Invite all your bloodmage and pyromancer friends over for a friendly pickup game of ultimate doom.

Pictured: how awesome this is.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee177/tartarous-dave/img240626897.jpg

The default fuse is 1 tick, just enough time for the creature to realize that it's everything is burning with hellfire and remember that it should still be dead. If you fail to kick the skull hard enough, it will detonate at your feet and most likely burn you fatally. Removing the [FUNCTIONAL] tag will significantly increase the fuse length but it also removes the impact fuse aspect of the skull.

You'll notice that I'm melting and being sprayed with boiling blood in the picture. That was a beta version. The new version will only burn you to death if you fail to kick the skull of your fallen enemy with sufficient might. I believe that is acceptable.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:17:59 pm by NonconsensualSurgery »
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28