Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28

Author Topic: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository  (Read 139611 times)

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
Re: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository
« Reply #240 on: March 07, 2012, 10:08:54 pm »

Posting to watch!

I've generally been adding my creatures for that purpose, to keep it on the main page, but my werecougar's not smoothed out enough, and frankly I'm not sure they would belong here without a blue magic of some sort.  They're supposed to only infect females with their bite, turning them into the Spouse_Converter Caste of werecougar's and then after they turn 39 they're supposed to kidnap a male and turn them into a Converted_Spouse, but I haven't seen it happen yet.(Yes their name is a Pun just like the Vampirates!)
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Snow Gibbon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 09, 2012, 03:51:43 am »

My Interaction isn't spawning any mages in the world. I followed a few tips and tried [IS_SPHERE:WISDOM] or adding [CE_ADD_TAG:NOEAT blah blah blah] but then NO towers spawned in worldgen, not even Necromancer ones. Works fine in the Arena.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 09, 2012, 04:30:58 am »

My Interaction isn't spawning any mages in the world. I followed a few tips and tried [IS_SPHERE:WISDOM] or adding [CE_ADD_TAG:NOEAT blah blah blah] but then NO towers spawned in worldgen, not even Necromancer ones. Works fine in the Arena.

It has no "animate dead" interaction, which is required for towers. However, gods will make slabs holding the secrets, and sometimes those slabs may be stored in keeps. Or you could make an animate dead interaction with a very long waiting period for towers.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 09, 2012, 01:53:36 pm »

It has no "animate dead" interaction, which is required for towers. However, gods will make slabs holding the secrets, and sometimes those slabs may be stored in keeps. Or you could make an animate dead interaction with a very long waiting period for towers.
I have a workaround, but I haven't seen it work yet in any world I generated.(so it might not work at all!)  I give the original secret learners the ability to animate the dead and a seperate ability to give a syndrome that makes the target into a more conventional mage.

If that doesn't work you could try an animate reaction that doesn't add tags or improve attributes, or puts an END:xxxx time on them.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 09, 2012, 06:21:23 pm »

The AI isn't using this interaction. Can anyone tell me why?

Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:SUPER_SAIYAN]
     [CDI:ADV_NAME:Transform into a super saiyan!]
   [CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
   [CDI:TARGET:B:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
   [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
   [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:1]
   [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
   [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:B:20]
   [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:B:1]
   [CDI:VERBAL]
   [CDI:VERBAL_SPEECH:supersaiyan.txt]
   [CDI:VERB:feel an incredible power flowing through you, as your hair turns yellow, your eyes turn green, and rocks slowly start flying from the ground:suddenly has blonde hair, green eyes, and incredible power]
   [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10000]

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 09, 2012, 06:25:41 pm »

TARGET: SELF_ONLY
USAGE_HINT: ATTACK

The AI thinks it is an attack, and won't use it to attack itself. Ran into this same problem trying to tie Pokemon evolution to attacks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 09, 2012, 06:26:34 pm »

Ah, so even with the LINE_OF_SIGHT, it won't work? Or do I have to switch targets A and B?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 09, 2012, 06:39:20 pm »

From everything I tried, it's a problem with insufficiently nuanced USAGE_HINTS. It won't use attacks that only affect itself, even if other parts of the attack target other creatures. If you can figure out a way to make it work, please please please let us all know.

Although for your situation, have you tried USAGE_HINT:FLEEING? It would make sense for the Saiyans to only transform when they think they can't win in their normal form, and I think that the wound healing associated with transformation might make them stop fleeing and head back into the fight.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 09, 2012, 06:41:31 pm »

The problem with that is that the interaction doesn't have a transformation involved at all. It's a simple attribute change.

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 09, 2012, 07:29:45 pm »

Also posting to keep an eye on you guys. This is mindblowingly amazing, and I have learned an incredible amount from this thread. Though I had wish I had read through this whole thread before trying my experiment to find out usage hint attack makes things not self target heh.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 10, 2012, 11:54:27 pm »

New potion-y stuff!  Specifically, some new plants, and an adventure mode brewing reaction!
Spoiler: cave bean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: brewing reaction (click to show/hide)
To use other plants with this reaction, put [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:BOOZE_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK] somewhere above the [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRINK:PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE].  I don't know why the custom product has to go before the part where it defines the drink, but it won't work otherwise.

Anyway, with this new brewing reaction, you can get all your favorite alcohol without having to buy it yourself!  Of course, you'll still have to buy the plants themselves, as well as a flask to put them in.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 11, 2012, 02:04:07 am »

Was just playing around and came up with a fun little spell. Not entirely certain on what balance numbers to plug in yet, but as far as I am aware of impairing the function of eyes appears to not accomplish anything, so that is being used as a control to prevent double targeting. Arena showed that getting hit twice in a row with this was quite fatal.

interaction

and usage

I find myself wanting to watch the lost Ark Indiana jones movie now for some reason...

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 11, 2012, 02:13:18 am »

Was just playing around and came up with a fun little spell. Not entirely certain on what balance numbers to plug in yet, but as far as I am aware of impairing the function of eyes appears to not accomplish anything, so that is being used as a control to prevent double targeting. Arena showed that getting hit twice in a row with this was quite fatal.

interaction

and usage

I find myself wanting to watch the lost Ark Indiana jones movie now for some reason...

Now SEE what you have done and DESPAIR!!! DESPAIR AND BLEEEEEEEED!!!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 02:30:00 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Alem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 11, 2012, 02:22:54 am »

my first test had a usage of 30 (to more easily see the impacts and usage) and no effect lasting longer than the unconsciousness. It was fun. Also scary.

Sidenote: I just realized I have a bit of a problem, how does one set up a interaction to only be used during combat situations that targets friendly units? Is that even possible at the moment? The only usages I know of is the ATTACK, which limits to hostile situations but wont target friendlies, and I've heard that CLEAN_SELF/FRIEND can limit things to out of combat, but not exactly what I'm looking for.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 03:21:59 am by Alem »

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 13, 2012, 09:41:49 am »

Can the OP list all the interactions in the first post?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28