Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28

Author Topic: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository  (Read 139604 times)

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Spellbook - Community Interaction Repository
« Reply #225 on: March 02, 2012, 07:57:27 pm »

It will actually spawn Messiahs in world gen, alongside necromancers. The Messiahs will write books about it. The Necromancers will not.

okay that just destroyed my understanding.

I don't see anything in the raws that determine that the creatures themselves are necessary...

Okay, using this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Using this, what kinds of Tags would i have to attach to a custom creature, in order for them to Learn/Teach/Write about.

Sorry if this is the wrong place. Im just mistified.

I was under the impression that the "[IS_SECRET_GOAL:IMMORTALITY]" would thow the chance in of the individuals who sought the secrets of life and death, make this discovery, hencefourth acting in a similiar fasion as the Vanilla Interaction.

Apologies if this makes no sense at all. Kinda threw myself in the deep end here. only got custom creatures down last week.

Think im slowly getting the flow of things, although this is totally functional in arena, i just want to make sure it shows up in world gen.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 08:00:50 pm by Batmantis »
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 02, 2012, 08:10:09 pm »

Necromancers are not their own creature. They're an <insert intelligent race> who is subject to the syndrome listed in the necromancy reaction.
This same goes for every other secret. You would add nothing to the fear warden, because Fear Warden books would be written by anyone who had discovered the secret and so was subject to the syndrome (which is why the syndrome has no END:# tag)
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 02, 2012, 08:21:01 pm »

Necromancers are not their own creature. They're an <insert intelligent race> who is subject to the syndrome listed in the necromancy reaction.
This same goes for every other secret. You would add nothing to the fear warden, because Fear Warden books would be written by anyone who had discovered the secret and so was subject to the syndrome (which is why the syndrome has no END:# tag)

That clarifies my understanding somewhat; Im going to Gen some worlds untill this shows up in a world so i know I'm on the right track before i try and implement some more in dev.

Thanks a bunch.

Edit: Success!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 08:29:00 pm by Batmantis »
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 02, 2012, 08:33:52 pm »

Interestingly, and perhaps kind of awesomely, if you have two secrets of the same Sphere (and even sometimes of separate spheres!) a character might research and learn to use both.

In one world I had a lich who later discovered the secrets of basic elemental control.

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 02, 2012, 09:20:25 pm »

Interestingly, and perhaps kind of awesomely, if you have two secrets of the same Sphere (and even sometimes of separate spheres!) a character might research and learn to use both.

In one world I had a lich who later discovered the secrets of basic elemental control.

This is how Fear popped up in the first genned world with it, a necromancer just out of the blue wrote a book about it [they are in serperate Spheres]. I didnt investigate much further than that. But im assuming  he's raising corpes and insta-paralyzing/suffocating everything he comes across. The book was written by a necromancer and related to 'the Power of Fear!'

Im also working on an elemental one atm, but it wont appear in Arena or world gen. IM mistified as to why, as it is pretty much a carbon copy of The Fearwarden, attached to it is a modified Gizogin's Ice spike, made from his material. [planning to add fire, earth and lightening]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Small fix, Elemental still not workin', as in not appearing in applicable effect on human in arena creation screen.
Edit:Turns out i had a facepalm moment and the interactions were in the wrong .txt.... ikr. anyway Ive got the 'Elemental' effect in arena, But now i need to figure out why the 'ICESPIKE' interaction isnt appearing in the list of acquired abilities.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:42:06 pm by Batmantis »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 02, 2012, 09:41:07 pm »

try moving [IE_ARENA_NAME:X] to under SYNDROME

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 02, 2012, 09:45:10 pm »

Thanks for the Suggestion, although i did get the effect 'Elemental' to become applicable to a human without this quoted modification, i am now going to try sort out why the material emission doesn't appear in the list of acquired abilities. Having 0 experience with this type of attack this may take some time heh.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 02, 2012, 09:57:55 pm »

Thanks for the Suggestion, although i did get the effect 'Elemental' to become applicable to a human without this quoted modification, i am now going to try sort out why the material emission doesn't appear in the list of acquired abilities. Having 0 experience with this type of attack this may take some time heh.
Your issue for that is that material emissions don't need a separate interaction.
Everything should take place under "CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION"

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2012, 10:28:35 pm »

Posting to watch because the notify button just spams email and does not make the thread show up in the replies to your posts line.

In order to vaguely contribute...

I threw together a few potions using the fluff potion as a base.  The origonal plan was to create an adventure mode version and a dwarf mode version of some buff potions.  Adventure mode potions are concentrated in a flask to give a significant buff to stats based on what potion it is. 

The Fortress version is an alchohol diluted down to produce more doses at weaker effect.  With each version having a short immediate buff with a permanent stackable minor buff.  So that a dwarf who drank 100 protien shakes would eventually become twice as strong as the average dwarf.  Which seemed to me a good way to get around the whole, can't easily tell your dwarves when to drink something dealio.  Bother to spend the time to set up an industry for a specific potion brew, and your fortress dwarves' average stats will be higher just from drinking the booze.

They are untested and I haven't gotten any reactions to make them yet (hard to figure out how to make a reaction use a barrel of any blood and a barrel of any milk.  Mmm protein.) and it's too late at night to continue trying to work it out today, but maybe somebody would find a use for them as a base or might spot something I'm doing horribly wrong before I get farther.

Code: [Select]
[PLANT:POTION_STRENGTH]
[PREFSTRING:strengthening ability]
[NAME:protien shake plant][NAME_PLURAL:protien shake plants][ADJ:protien shake plant]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:0]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[PICKED_TILE:19][PICKED_COLOR:7:0:0]
[GROWDUR:10000][VALUE:0]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRINK:PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen protein shake]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:protein shake]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling protein shake]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:10]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:7:0:0]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:protien shake]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:120:0:START:0:END:300]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:101:0:START:0]

[DRINK:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]
[SHRUB_TILE:58]
[DEAD_SHRUB_TILE:19]
[SHRUB_COLOR:7:0:0]
[DEAD_SHRUB_COLOR:0:0:1]

[PLANT:POTION_AGILITY]
[PREFSTRING:quickening ability]
[NAME:haste potion plant][NAME_PLURAL:haste potion plants][ADJ:haste potion plant]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen haste tonic]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:haste tonic]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling haste tonic]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:haste tonic]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:AGILITY:120:0:START:0:END:300]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:AGILITY:101:0:START:0]

[PLANT:POTION_ENDURANCE]
[PREFSTRING:ability to extend...endurance...]
[NAME:viagrow plant][NAME_PLURAL:viagrow plants][ADJ:viagrow plant]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen viagrow spiked ale]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:viagrow spiked ale]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling viagrow spiked ale]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:viagrow spiked ale]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:ENDURANCE:120:0:START:0:END:300]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:ENDURANCE:101:0:START:0]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2012, 10:54:57 pm »

Posting to watch because the notify button just spams email and does not make the thread show up in the replies to your posts line.

In order to vaguely contribute...

I threw together a few potions using the fluff potion as a base.  The origonal plan was to create an adventure mode version and a dwarf mode version of some buff potions.  Adventure mode potions are concentrated in a flask to give a significant buff to stats based on what potion it is. 

The Fortress version is an alchohol diluted down to produce more doses at weaker effect.  With each version having a short immediate buff with a permanent stackable minor buff.  So that a dwarf who drank 100 protien shakes would eventually become twice as strong as the average dwarf.  Which seemed to me a good way to get around the whole, can't easily tell your dwarves when to drink something dealio.  Bother to spend the time to set up an industry for a specific potion brew, and your fortress dwarves' average stats will be higher just from drinking the booze.

They are untested and I haven't gotten any reactions to make them yet (hard to figure out how to make a reaction use a barrel of any blood and a barrel of any milk.  Mmm protein.) and it's too late at night to continue trying to work it out today, but maybe somebody would find a use for them as a base or might spot something I'm doing horribly wrong before I get farther.

[PLANT:POTION_STRENGTH]
[PREFSTRING:strengthening ability]
[NAME:protien shake plant][NAME_PLURAL:protien shake plants][ADJ:protien shake plant]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen protein shake]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:protein shake]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling protein shake]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:protien shake]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:120:0:START:0:END:300]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:101:0:START:0]

[PLANT:POTION_AGILITY]
[PREFSTRING:quickening ability]
[NAME:haste potion plant][NAME_PLURAL:haste potion plants][ADJ:haste potion plant]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen haste tonic]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:haste tonic]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling haste tonic]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:haste tonic]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:AGILITY:120:0:START:0:END:300]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:AGILITY:101:0:START:0]

[PLANT:POTION_ENDURANCE]
[PREFSTRING:ability to extend...endurance...]
[NAME:viagrow plant][NAME_PLURAL:viagrow plants][ADJ:viagrow plant]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen viagrow spiked ale]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:viagrow spiked ale]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling viagrow spiked ale]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:viagrow spiked ale]
[SYN_CONTACT]
[SYN_INHALED]
[SYN_INJECTED]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:ENDURANCE:120:0:START:0:END:300]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:ENDURANCE:101:0:START:0]

Just curious but with the never ending syndrome... Does it stack?
so everytime the dwarf drank some he would slowly get a 1% perm. buff to the stat? Thus if he drank nothing but that for years he could become godlike?

EDIT:
also to use blood/milk put [REACTION_CLASS:BLOOD] and [REACTION_CLASS:MILK] in the "material_template_default.txt" in the respected BLOOD and MILK templates. Then you make a reagent that takes LIQUID_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE[REACTION_CLASS:BLOOD/MILK]

or if you want just one reaction just put [REACTION_CLASS:PROTEIN] on blood and milk
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:59:03 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 03, 2012, 06:08:18 pm »

Just curious but with the never ending syndrome... Does it stack?
so everytime the dwarf drank some he would slowly get a 1% perm. buff to the stat? Thus if he drank nothing but that for years he could become godlike?

That's the idea, but that is also why it's untested.   I'm not sure.   In other interactions I see a tag that prevents the effect if the creature is already under it.  That gives me hope that you can have the same effect stacking.

And thanks for the help with blood and milk.  I'm hoping making protein shakes out of blood and milk kills 2 birds with one orbital magma cannon, gives a use for blood, and gives carnivore forts a use for milk.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

demonicplaydoh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 03, 2012, 06:26:00 pm »

Some "chi" powers, making you nigh unbeatable in combat....

these are broken.
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:50:0:AGILITY:50:0:TOUGHNESS:50:0:FOCUS:50:0:WILLPOWER:50:0:SPATIAL_SENSE:50:0:KINESTHETIC_SENSE:50:0:START:0:PEAK:1:END:100] focus, willpower, spatial and kinesthetic senses are mental attributes.

By broken, you mean.....? You won't see the changes directly under any attribute page, but your character goes from being skinny to INCREDIBLY MUSCULAR RAAAAWRRR like some kind of comic book ad

As for the mental attributes, thats no big deal. Uniting/abusing the mind and body and all is exactly the intention of this secret

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 03, 2012, 06:34:02 pm »

He means the mental attributes won't be affected at all by that effect because mental attributes aren't physical attributes.

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 04, 2012, 09:01:08 am »

He means the mental attributes won't be affected at all by that effect because mental attributes aren't physical attributes.

yup, I think what you want there is:
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:1000:500:AGILITY:1000:500:TOUGHNESS:1000:500:START:0:PEAK:1:END:100]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:FOCUS:1000:500:WILLPOWER:1000:500:SPATIAL_SENSE:1000:500:KINESTHETIC_SENSE:1000:500:START:0:PEAK:1:END:100]
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

demonicplaydoh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 06, 2012, 02:52:59 am »

yup, I think what you want there is:
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:1000:500:AGILITY:1000:500:TOUGHNESS:1000:500:START:0:PEAK:1:END:100]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:FOCUS:1000:500:WILLPOWER:1000:500:SPATIAL_SENSE:1000:500:KINESTHETIC_SENSE:1000:500:START:0:PEAK:1:END:100]

Ha, yes, that's exactly what I want there. It took me a few days but the meaning of your post just clicked in my head. Came back to say kudos on spotting that
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28