Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 60

Author Topic: The Magnificent Timelord - Epilogued  (Read 247342 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Five.
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2012, 12:41:48 pm »

Eh, you're good now.

Not kicking this one.

Splint that foot!  Those body parts lying around should do for the job.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2012, 02:26:06 pm »

Grab the mathematically important green box and my weapons. Also, check if there's more ammo to be found.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2012, 02:32:56 pm »

Paul had no one to talk to, so he decided to save future lyrics for another time. He attempted to smash in the door with his guitar!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2012, 12:19:09 am »

Help Archimedes and then try and fix some of my own wounds.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Six.
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2012, 05:07:58 pm »

CHAPTER ONE: TURN SIX

He attempted to smash in the door with his guitar!

Every night when everybody has fun, tum ti dum,
Here am I sitting all on my own, tiddly doo,
It won't be loooooong, yeah yeaaaaah,
It won't be looo –

" – oh, balls to this, I can't hang about all day like! We've got an evil dictator to take down!"

Snapping out of his musical reverie, McCartey The Last Beatle realises the urgency of the situation! He has a flash of clarity! He smacks the heavy steel door with his acoustic guitar!

... The sound's worse than that time they let Ringo sing but the door doesn’t budge! If only me friends were here to give me a little help, Paul thinks dejectedly as he slides down to the ground, his back against the wall and his hand on the neck of his guitar. "The only true friend I've got left, and I go and smack you against a massive plate of steel... I'm sorry la'..."

It seems to Paul as if his guitar is gently weeping!

Grab the mathematically important green box and my weapons. Also, check if there's more ammo to be found.

"Well, that was... that was quite an impressive weapon there, I suppose," says Archimedes, mostly to himself. "I'm sure it must have something to do with the prominent mathematical sign... and perhaps the colour green. Hmm... Perhaps further experimentation is required…"

... The Greek mathemagician leaps over to the other side of the room with great haste, hoping to get to the Chinese first aid kit before the passed out cattybara wakes up. He grabs the green box in one hand and rushes out the room to catch up with his comrades. But he’s forgotten his submachine gun! He turns round to look at the last second but absentmindedly forgets to stop rushing out the room! He runs straight into the shut door! He crashes straight through, falling to the floor in a dazed pile in front of the astonished Davy Crockett, who appears to be searching through a pile of blood-soaked enemy bodies in the corridor.

Item Acquired! Chinese first aid kit.

Wounds Acquired! Archimedes of Syracuse: Bruised Head!

Archimedes lies flat on the floor for a moment, winded and stunned, until he feels the manly hand of Steve Irwin grasp him by the arm and help him to his feet.

What he sees makes him gasp with horror!

Help Archimedes and then try and fix some of my own wounds.

... Being at heart a non-violent fella, Stevo sees the passed out cattybara and realises it doesn’t really pose much of a threat anymore, so for its own good he strolls over to its inert body and crouches down, pulling out a kind of indistinguishable syringe from one of his safari shirt pockets.

He looks up, staring off into some undeterminable distance and says, seemingly to no one in particular, “Now, we’ve got to be careful with the dose of this thing here – we give him too much and it could do him more harm than good, y’know?”

Steve Irwin looks back down, jamming the needle into the cattybara’s backside before looking up again.

“He’s gonna be out for the count now, so we’ll be perfectly safe to continue with this vital operation and my friend Archimedes of Syracuse won't be under any threat. Knocking a poor animal out with general anaesthetic can be dangerous, but this little fella will feel much better when this is all over. It’s for his own good, y’know?”

Suddenly his friend Archimedes of Syracuse flies past him, interrupting his commentary and smashing through the shut door before bursting out into the corridor! Steve looks up in surprise and notices Davy outside searching about the various enemy corpses spread across the floor, and then notices the first aid kit in the collapsed philosopher’s hand.

“Hey, d’yer mind? I’ve just noticed I’ve got a little bit of bleeding from this cut above me left eye that could probably do with attending to. Y’know, an open cut in this kind of environment can be a very dangerous thing, mate.”

... He crouches down once more and busts open the Chinese first aid kit and manages to wrap a chunky bandage across his left eye. The bleeding seems to have stopped!

Safety seen to, Irwin stands up, helping Archimedes to his feet with a friendly hand.

What he sees makes him nearly retch with revulsion!

Splint that foot!  Those body parts lying around should do for the job.

”Not kicking this one...” wisely thinks the intrepid frontiersman as he starts searching about in the corridor for some segment of croc corpse or cattybara body part to use to strap his foot up. Davy Crockett has a flash of inspiration! He straightens and stands, checking in his pockets for some kind of twine or rope to use, and then hurriedly paces back and forth down the corridor until he finds what he’s looking for.

Concentrating so hard he’s not even slightly interrupted by the Greek philosopher who suddenly comes flying through the door next to him, he bends down and gets to work, tying and retying the twine feverishly till he’s done, giving his fixed up foot a few good hard smacks to check the end result is firmly kept in place. He stands up just as Stevo finishes bandaging himself and helps Archimedes to his feet.

... Both his companions seem rapt with uncontrollable admiration!

Item Acquired! Davy Crockett: CROCKO-FOOT.

…   …   …   …   …   …

The unmistakeable voice of the Magnificent Timelord crackles into life over the team’s neural communications implants as the three men stand staring at the somehow living crocodile head strapped to Crockett’s right foot.

”Hey guys. What’s going on man? My sensors seem to indicate that you’re barely moving – are you meeting like heavy resistance or something? Do you need help? ‘Cause, you know, you’re all alone down there and there isn’t any. You’ve got to get moving guys, you’ve only got a little over ten minutes to get the hit done and get back out. Now, listen carefully – our scientists suggest that there should be some kind of monorail that travels through the communist HQ, and they estimate it should pass by one level beneath you. When you see some kind of passage way that slopes downwards, that’s the one you need. Follow that till you meet the monorail, and then see if you can follow the track into Miaow’s lair, over."

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
None
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Six.
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2012, 05:16:24 pm »

Archimedes did some quick calculations(Simple one this time, don't want to worsen  the headache). They needed to get to the Railway, which was below them. The Fastest way from point A to point B is a straight line so...
He rushes back into the room, grabs his machine gun and any ammunition he can find, then opens fire on the obstacle that prevents him from following the most efficient route, the floor.

Grab machine gun, ammo, and then shoot a hole in the floor. Preferably not the part I'm standing on.((Ignore the crocodile head, but don't come to close to it))

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2012, 07:06:59 pm »

Catch up with McCartney, so we can regroup.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2012, 09:48:03 pm »

....ahahHAHAHAHAHA.

Feed the crocko-head some of the meat that's lying around, then proceed with the group to the downward slope.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2012, 09:52:32 pm »

Davey! Davey Crockett! King of the Wild Frontier!
Davey! Davey Crockett! His foot could eat a steer!

The reaction shots of Steve and Archimedes are priceless.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2012, 08:32:42 am »

Head through the western path instead to see if the downward slope is there.

EDIT:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:13:08 am by freeformschooler »

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2012, 12:53:01 pm »

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I MISSED THIS WHILE ON VACATION! DAMN YOU RELAXATION! DAMN YOU!
Char sheet in a bit.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Seven.
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2012, 03:33:22 pm »

CHAPTER ONE: TURN SEVEN

Head through the western path instead to see if the downward slope is there.

... After a few minutes of brooding introspection, Paul McCartney hauls himself to his feet, leaning on his beloved acoustic guitar as he does so. He can just about hear the stealthy footsteps of what he hopes are his companions coming back from the direction in which Davy Crockett left a short while ago. I'll be on my way, he thinks to himself. He takes a deep sigh, and walks out to meet them.

"What in the name of God happened to your foot, Davy? Whoa, uh, anyway man, so uh the Magnificent Timelord says we need to find a downward tunnel. I've checked out this side and it just says it's the Engine Room, so I guess that leaves this western path. Let's go, lads!"

Sure enough, after no more than twenty metres careful walk along the corridor the path starts to slope downwards. Gusts of stale warm air blow by, and the sounds of distant machinery rise from the depths.

After another ten metres or so of walking, the three men come across a small abandoned trailer, clearly used for transporting goods from one of the monorail stations to the guards and barracks area they've just liberated. It's empty.

"What we have here," begins Steve Irwin, breathless with excitement, "Is yer typical conveniently placed potentially fast movin' object, mates! Crikey! Are you thinking what I'm thinking fellas?"

...   ...   ...   ...   ...   ..

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" screams Paul, at the top of his voice, "This is like, like some kind of groovy helterskelter or something! Woohooooooooooooooooooo!"

The trailer freewheels at top speed down the sloping, curling corridors into the depths of the communist hideout, Stevo hanging on bareknuckled at the front, Paul trying manfully to steer the damn thing with his acoustic guitar-paddle at the back, and Davy Crockett sitting tight in the middle, lovingly dangling strips of cattybara meat into the mouth of his grotesque new foot friend. Suddenly a deafening boom reverberates through the entire fortress, the sheer blast of noise throwing the trailer into the air and bouncing it off the walls.

As Paul fights to regain control of the trailer with his acoustic guitar-paddle, Steve turns to look questioningly at him. The two men shrug at each other. Could it be some fearsome new kind of communist doomsday weapon? Suddenly Paul tries to cover his face and point with his guitar at the same time!

Archimedes did some quick calculations(Simple one this time, don't want to worsen  the headache). They needed to get to the Railway, which was below them. The Fastest way from point A to point B is a straight line so...
He rushes back into the room, grabs his machine gun and any ammunition he can find, then opens fire on the obstacle that prevents him from following the most efficient route, the floor.

Grab machine gun, ammo, and then shoot a hole in the floor. Preferably not the part I'm standing on.((Ignore the crocodile head, but don't come to close to it))

... Archimedes of Syracuse is nothing if not a mathematician – nothing perhaps, that is, except a pragmatic man of daring action! After being helped to his feet by the manly Steve Irwin, Archimedes ignores the strange Aussie and the even stranger man with a crocodile for a foot as they walk off, and realises that this is no time to depend on thoughtless machismo! This is no time for blind and senseless wandering in the dark! This is no time for shock and awe! This is a time for maths! He rushes back into the room he just flew out of, scrabbling around on the ground for his submachine gun and the dozen clips of ammo lying scattered about, aims at the floor, and squeezes the trigger.

As his submachine gun fires uncontrollably at the ground around him, Archimedes suddenly finds himself tumbling through the air! He seems to have destroyed the floor upon which he stood!

Rubble falls all about as he plummets, one massive chunk of debris exploding with an enormous burst of noise onto the concrete below and sending out shock waves that knock the Greek philosopher sideways through the air until his descent comes to an abrupt halt with a less than comfortable landing.

Wound Acquired! Archimedes of Syracuse: Bruised Backside!

Archimedes suddenly finds himself flying through the air! He seems to have landed on some sort of fast-moving metallic contraption!

"Could this," he asks himself, "Be the monorail of which the Magnificent Timelord spoke?"

Seconds later the amazing metallic beast screeches with rage and slides to a dangerously vicious halt. Archimedes suddenly finds himself sliding through the air! He seems to be gliding gracefully and horizontally along the roof of the monorail!

His keen mind quickly deduces that the effects of momentum must be propelling him forth!

Catch up with McCartney, so we can regroup.

... “Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!” shouts McCartney for the fourth or fifth time, as he, Davy Crockett and Steve Irwin joyride downhill through the darkness on their stolen trailer. “Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!”

Paul’s childish excitement is interrupted by a resounding booming noise coming from the depths below – it sounds like the death throes of a collapsing building or something! Stevo turns round from his lookout position at the front of the trailer to glance at Paul, who stops struggling with the lightning fast trailer only to point desperately in front of him with his guitar and cover his face with his spare hand.

“Wheeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarggggggg!”

Stevo looks round just in time to see the end of the corridor coming rapidly upwards to meet them! It looks like they’re arriving at some kind of subway station!

McCartney struggles vainly to bring the trailer to a stop with his guitar-paddle. There’s less than a hundred metres between them and the station wall! He takes evasive action!

Alas! The sharp manoeuvre Paul attempts overturns the trailer, which crashes to its side and goes sliding along the floor towards the monorail station. The three men hang on desperately as sparks fly off into the gloom! The platform edge appears out of nowhere! The trailer skids off, flies round 360 degrees and comes to a halt on the monorail track with a crash and a bang as Stevo is launched off into the air.

Wound Acquired! Steve Irwin: Fractured Nose!

Several seconds of silence are broken first by Communist voices and then by an approaching rumbling and a blinding light. It’s the Communist Monorail!

Feed the crocko-head some of the meat that's lying around, then proceed with the group to the downward slope.

... Davy Crockett is in no mood for frivolous games and excitement – he’s already white water rafted down the Colorado on the back of a tamed beaver – he ain’t gonna get all het up about a quick ride on a sumbitch trailer! No sir! He sits serenely in the middle of the newly commandeered bowienautmobile, cutting off strips of cattybara meat with his knife, feeding them to his new foot crocodile friend. He seems to be developing a real taste for cattybara!

Without a warning there’s a terrible screeching noise as the trailer tips over, sliding down onto its side in a flash of grinding sparks until it drops over a lip, twisting round and flipping back upright in the air. The trailer lands balanced precariously on the monorail. Davy, flung over onto his back, is a little surprised to open his eyes and find Paul McCartney lying on top of him, desperately trying to keep his legs away from the crocodile head a few feet away. Steve Irwin is nowhere to be seen.

After a few seconds of silence a commotion of cat-like Chinese voices starts up in the monorail station: Davy finds himself being dragged out from under his fellow freedom fighter! He tries to hold on to the safety of the trailer, but CROCKO-FOOT’s ferocious bloodlust is stronger than he is!

CROCKO-FOOT drags Davy towards the half dozen cattybara guardsmen who have just run onto the monorail platform! Davy can’t control it!

CROCKO-FOOT is snapping its mouth and visibly drooling at its new favourite fresh meat!

A rumbling sound and blinding light appear from the left, and an approaching Communist Monorail lights up the crash scene: Paul standing on the trailer, Stevo in a heap on the monorail track, Davy Crockett charging towards the astonished cattybara squad on the platform.

The Communist Monorail brakes to an abrupt stop and suddenly Archimedes of Syracuse comes flying off the top. He lands on the trailer, narrowly missing Paul McCartney! The impact pushes the trailer slowly forward! It begins to slide down the monorail track!

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
None
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:15:42 pm by lawastooshort »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Seven.
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2012, 04:11:58 pm »

Archimedes is a bit stunned from his recent journey. He does some calculations to ensure the cart is and will be safe and then lies down to recover.

Activate Multiply this(You forgot to update the countdown), then take cover and lie down for a nap
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:27:51 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2012, 04:20:32 pm »

Well, when in Rome being dragged around by a Croco-foot, do as the Romans crocodiles do.

"Forward, Boone!  Let's get you a cattybara-skin cap!"

Charge with the Crocko-Foot and stab/bite the horde of cattybara!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2012, 09:15:13 am »

"Well, what are we waiting for, lads? Come together! Right now!"

Paul McCartney beckons the others to join him in clearing the remaining wave of COMMUNIST CATTYBARAS. He points his guitar at one! He strokes the instrument lovingly! He coaxes it to shoot another GENTLE LOVING BEAM!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 60