Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 60

Author Topic: The Magnificent Timelord - Epilogued  (Read 247218 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Three.
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2012, 11:25:23 am »

You'll get by with a little help from your friends.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2012, 01:36:31 pm »

Archimedes followed Davy Crockett through the hallway. However his mathematically mind noticed something special. An unopened door. A mystery that just waited to be discovered, problems waiting to be discovered. Luckly he was a mathematician, and not some adventurer that rushed into things, armed only with a whip and a funny hat. So he made some quick calculations about the likelyhood of him dieing when opening the door, and then opened it.

Calculate survival chances when opening the  door to the left , then open it

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2012, 03:59:01 pm »

Oh man, this is extraordinarily funny. :D
I'll admit, I mainly just like seeing Steve Irwin getting to live again, but the writing is just great. :P Keep it up!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2012, 05:20:25 pm »

This is amazing.

a profound weakness for all things on the left

ahahahahaha I get it.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2012, 02:05:53 am »

Hows about we open the door instead? That D on the left is a door, right?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Four.
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2012, 07:12:45 am »

CHAPTER ONE: TURN FOUR

Paul McCartney hesitantly beckoned the rest of the team to carefully follow behind Davy Crockett.

"Stay back, men," says Davy Crockett, interrupting McCartney's turn in his booming manly voice. "I'll handle those traps. A trick I learned out in the woods..."

"Ok,” says Paul, watching Davy grab the croc head. “While back, I never needed anybody's help in any way. But now those days are gone I'm not so self assured! Could it be the commie croc corpse on the floor? Oh won't you please, please lead the way?"

... Paul follows closely – but not too closely – behind the King of the Wild Frontier as he scouts expertly ahead for more dangerous traps. Squeezing through the mighty blades that cut down the two cattybaras and trying to avoid the sticky wet patches of blood, the Beatle glances to the right as the pair pass the open doorway. It seems to have been some kind of barracks room for the guardsmen the four man assault squad have already taken out. There are a few low beds, a couple of baskets, a mess of blankets. Nothing moves as McCartney creeps past. It doesn’t seem much for the main entrance to such an important location.

Suddenly there's a pa-shing! in front by Davy Crockett. McCartney throws himself flat against the wall!

Attach the croc head to the end of the rifle.  Go down the hall, using the croc head rifle trigger stick to trigger traps in front of me.

... Taking charge of the situation, Davy Crockett scoops up the severed crocodile head and sticks it on to the end of his rifle, before crouching his way down the hallway, squeezing between the vicious blades, poking the walls and floor carefully as he goes.

He gets nearly two metres away from the end of the corridor when BAM! A sharp stake shoots out of the ground before him, slamming the croc head into the air and impaling it on the ceiling!

”Huh. I thought as much. Just yer typical impalation trap, nothing to worry about, men,” says Crockett, ... niftily diving out of the way as another stake shoots down from the ceiling into the ground. “I've only ever seen these come in ones, so we should be safe for the rest of the way. Hey, what you doing against the wall, Paul? It was just a typical impalation trap! Come on, we've got to keep moving.”

Hows about we open the door instead? That D on the left is a door, right?

As his companions move off down the hallway through the deadly array of traps, Steve Irwin’s natural curiosity and enthusiasm for learning get the better of him, and he turns to check out the door the party were on the verge of ignoring. Archimedes is standing next to it, muttering to himself in ancient Greek!

”Hey fella, hows about we open the door instead? This is a door, right mate? Crikey, what is it with you lot and doors, eh? I hadn’t realised they were some kind of twenty first century technology, y’know? Here, you need to turn the handle, like this…”

... Just as Stevo’s about to demonstrate his door taming technique, Archimedes reaches out a hand and opens the door! Steve Irwin falls forward, tumbling through the open doorway into the room beyond! As he reaches out a hand to catch his balance, he only manages to hold on to Archimedes’ flowing robes, dragging him into the room alongside him! Strewth!

Archimedes followed Davy Crockett through the hallway. However his mathematically  mind noticed something special. An unopened door. A mystery that just waited to be discovered, problems waiting to be discovered. Luckly he was a mathematician, and not some adventurer that rushed into things, armed only with a whip and a funny hat. So he made some quick calculations about the likelihood of him dying when opening the door, and then opened it.

Calculate survival chances when opening the door to the left, then open it

About to venture through the Blades of Death and to tiptoe through the Floor of Blood, Archimedes of Syracuse realises his comrades have completely ignored the door right next to him on the left!

Muttering to himself again about if a equals the importance of my life to this mission, and if b equals the importance of my life in general, and say if p equals the probability of my dying, and to calculate p we need to take into account the various factors I enumerated a few seconds ago, then... hmm..., Archimedes performs a few mental calculations before realising that p should in fact be adjusted to take into account the probability of something useful being in the room.

Archimedes reaches out a hand!

... He opens the door!

From the doorway the only thing he notices in the room is some kind of green box attached to the wall!

Suddenly the Aussie Crocodile Hunter goes flying past Archimedes, reaching out a hand to drag the Greek into the room after him. They both fall to the floor in the centre of the room! A vicious communist cattybara leaps onto Steve’s head, scratching and mewling as he starts to punch Steve Irwin in the face!

... The cattybara punches Steve Irwin so hard in the face he breaks the poor fella’s eye!

Wounds Acquired! Steve Irwin: Broken Left Eye! | Heavy Eye Bleeding!

Archimedes trips over his sandals and falls to the ground, where a second cattybara takes his submachine gun off his shoulder and starts beating him mercilessly!

... The cattybara fractures one of Archimedes’ right ribs! Archimedes seems to be having trouble breathing!

Wound Acquired! Archimedes of Syracuse: Fractured Right Rib!

The sound of merciless communist beatings is abruptly punctuated by a third cattybara slamming the door shut.

”Ohohoho! We’re gonna have ourselves some fun, boys! Get the merciless communist beating sticks out lads!”

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
None
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 11:15:39 am by lawastooshort »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Four.
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2012, 08:16:34 am »

((What happened with Steves pet crocodile))

Archimedes hadn't notice his right rib breaking(those aren't important, they grow back afterall). His attention was focused on the Green mathemathecally important box. He tries get up and grab the box. If he succeeds, he will use it to violently add the Cattybarra that punched him to the Cattybarra blocking the door, which will hopefully equal 2 knockedout Cattybarra's. If he can't reach the box, he attempts to grab his rifle.

Grab math box, use it to slam Cattybara 1 into cattybara 2

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2012, 08:58:09 am »

We turn our back on you two for a second and you get yourselves walloped.  Sigh.

Need us to come back and bail you out?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2012, 04:15:46 pm »

We turn our back on you two for a second and you get yourselves walloped.  Sigh.

Need us to come back and bail you out?
Probably yes.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2012, 04:46:11 pm »

"Hmm... that was close one with the impaler trap. Ain't no doubt about it."

Keep moving.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2012, 05:56:58 pm »

Archimedes hadn't notice his right rib breaking(those aren't important, they grow back afterall).
No they don't.

Anyways posting to watch the hilarity.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2012, 08:32:02 pm »

Crockett sighs.  "Stay on the path, kids!"

Go back to bail out the other two.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2012, 06:26:16 am »

Tame those Cattybara's! With prodigious amounts of Reptile Wrestling Skills! (Even though they aren't reptiles...)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Five.
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2012, 12:10:38 pm »

CHAPTER ONE: TURN FIVE

"Hmm... that was close one with the impaler trap. Ain't no doubt about it."

Keep moving.

Whilst Davy Crockett heads back to see what all the screaming noises from the rearguard are about, Paul decides to press on, venturing on his own into the wilderness.  He quickly reaches the end of the hallway – what to do?! He looks to the left, and sees a long corridor sloping downwards and to the left, as if heading into the depths of the communist pyramid. He looks to the right – there’s a short length of corridor before a heavy steel door.

... Deciding it’s probably safest, while he waits for his comrades, to check out the steel door, since it’s not too far, Paul McCartney walks cautiously up to the doorway. It seems to be clearly marked “ENGINE ROOM”.

Tame those Cattybara's! With prodigious amounts of Reptile Wrestling Skills! (Even though they aren't reptiles...)

... “Rawrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!” shouts Steve Irwin, somewhat stunned and covered in blood, “A whole horde of hungry croccobaras!” he adds, his vision clearly impeded by the shock and the blood and the broken eye and the croccobara covering his face.

“Crikey mate!”

In a flash Stevo leaps to his feet, pulling the vicious croccobara off his head and wrestling it to the floor. He knees the hungry bastard in the left nostril! He punches the beast in the guts! He grabs the commie footsoldier by the feet and smacks his head against the wall! ... The croccobara explodes! The severed blood flies off in an enormous arc!

Blood raining down from the ceiling, Steve can barely see across the other side of the small room where Archimedes seems to be holding off another croccobara, so he stumbles across to help.

He slips on the liquid blood!

Wounds Acquired! Steve Irwin: Bruised Head!

“Oh no, mate!” cries out Aussie National Hero Steve, “That must be like karma or something for so brutally slaying one of my beloved conservation targets! Jeez, that’ll teach me for bein’ such a bleedin’ galah! Strewth!”

Archimedes hadn't noticed his right rib breaking(those aren't important, they grow back afterall). His attention was focused on the Green mathematically important box. He tries get up and grab the box. If he succeeds, he will use it to violently add the Cattybara that punched him to the Cattybara blocking the door, which will hopefully equal 2 knockedout Cattybara's. If he can't reach the box, he attempts to grab his rifle.

Grab math box, use it to slam Cattybara 1 into cattybara 2

... Too busy fighting off the fiendish cattybara punching him in the guts to notice his right rib breaking, Archimedes of Syracuse is much too busy to notice it suddenly and miraculously growing back!

“Strewth, mate!” he thinks to himself, for some reason – but then he spots the mathematically significant green box on the wall! The vengeful mathematician quickly puts two and two together… and gets two! Two knocked out cattybaras, that is!

+ + = ?”

“Pah!”
shouts Archimedes, ... as he manages to struggle away from the relentless crushing assault of the four foot tall commie cat-beast. “Who needs mathematics when I can have FREEDOM!”

Archimedes elbows the cattybara in the right eye before sprinting past his incomprehensible comrade Irwin, manfully struggling with a giant cattybara on his head, watching in awe as the Australian tears the communist off his head and smashes him to smithereens against the nearby wall. Archimedes reaches the green box on the wall! He grabs it! He turns and sees the elbowed cattybara steaming towards him! Suddenly the room explodes in a shower of blood!

... Archimedes lets go of the Chinese first aid kit, yelping with unrestrained glee as it flies towards the communist, smacking him full in the guts and propelling him across the room! The cattybara hits the cattybara!

... The second cattybara slams against the door! He looks dazed but he gets straight up: he looks super angry!

The flying cattybara slumps in a heap at his feet, retching profusely.

The second cattybara looks really even more super pissed! He runs towards Archimedes, sharp curved knife drawn!

Suddenly Stevo’s now decadent western red crocodile crawls out from under the vomiting cattybara, drenched in blood and retchjuice. He leaps through the air! He snaps the running cattybara in two!

The vomiting cattybara screams in horror at this atrocious sight. He passes out from the pain!

Crockett sighs

Go back to bail out the other two.

Aghast at his comrades’ incompetence misfortune, Davy Crockett briefly can’t decide what to do. Forge ahead for the good of the mission? Or turn back and save his new companions?

Sighing one of his famous sighs, Crockett turns back.

"Stay on the path, kids!" he cryptically adds, before dodging through the deadly traps and sprinting down the corridor to where Stevo and Archimedes were last seen. There seems to be an unholy commotion coming from behind the door!

Oh good Lord, the sounds of brutality are appalling!

... Desperately trying to force the door open, Davy Crockett finds it stuck. He can’t get in!

He’ll have to leave his companions to their grisly fate!

Spoiler: Detailed Map (click to show/hide)

VITAL STATISTICS OF THE BOWIENAUTS

EFFECTS IN EFFECT
None
Spoiler: Archimedes of Syracuse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: The Magnificent Timelord: Bowienauts of Freedom. Turn Five.
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2012, 12:16:11 pm »

I appreciate the addition of blood to the map. It's the little things, y'know?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 60