Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: [0.34.1] Witchcraft Mod (0.6 version) - magic, potions and crafting, Phoebus  (Read 39252 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.1] Witchcraft Mod (0.6 version) - magic, potions and crafting, Phoebus
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2012, 10:44:00 pm »

So, if I weren't using Phoebus and using Ironhand like I currently am, how would I go about using v.6, or would I have to use .4 anyway?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.1] Witchcraft Mod (0.6 version) - magic, potions and crafting, Phoebus
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2012, 10:58:02 pm »

Do this:
Well, if you don't want to play with graphics, you can always gut the graphics version of it's new files until Deon starts paying actual attention to what we're saying. There are seven files I have identified, but I cannot guarantee that these are all of them or that this will work, since I've been playing .4 due to a very long lasting adventurer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If Ironhand has graphics for humans, then presumably you could go to your graphics files and give the Witchers the same graphics if you wanted to.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2012, 12:16:17 pm »

Issues after playing .6 with a Witcher:

HOW do I harvest plants? The good genesis 'old random plant from nothing' reaction isn't there, and just can't find a way to pick up the plants showing up on a map. It's quite embarassing to starve in the middle of endless Plump Helmet fields (yeah, plump helmets above ground, WTF) and impossibru to get thread so I can't make a backpack... and sadly, bandits or dwarves (even soldiers) don't seem to wear or store those either.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2012, 12:17:26 pm »

Plump helmet fields come from dwarven hamlets.

And you can get TONS of food in any city.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2012, 01:07:50 pm »

I have a slight suggestion for the potion-making:
Why not make something like a potion base, to which you add ingredients for different effects?  That way you have more complicated potions and they're slightly more balanced.  You could start with an empty flask, then add some basic ingredient to it to get a potion base, then just add whatever ingredients you want to that for the better potions.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2012, 02:17:23 pm »

Would all these fancy potions work in fortress mode as well ? Just making them an alcoholic drink with the syndrome/interaction would make dwarves drink it... difficult to control though. Again, the old trick with boiling stones would still work i guess.

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.1] Witcher Mod (0.2 version) - potions and crafting
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2012, 03:54:50 pm »

The 0.2 is up. I've added the madness spell, the polymorph is now called "eagleform" and it's now a potion effect. Also there's now a speed potion.

I'm still playing around enjoying the new elements of the game. I also need some time to tweak and build a new crafting system for scratch. So expect a lot of small updates with tweaking and changes frequently.

I also consider potions with effects mostly for flavor, like immortality potions (you don't have to worry about aging in adventure mode :)) which require rare reagents like dragon skulls, and also I will add vampirism and werewolf cure (both for adventure and fortress modes).
How about a potion that you brew from dragon brains, that gives you scales and wings and makes you immune to fire and makes you bigger (maybe not dragon-sized) and so forth to make you draconikier? And stuff like that. Or roc feathers being made into an amulet that can summon a cloud that lets whoever is engulfed in it fly for a while...or a hydra blood potion to make you heal faster...or a minotaur horn potion which makes you stronger and makes you grow horns...or a cyclops eyejuice (preserve reagent?) potion that makes you only have one eye for a while...or, or, or.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2012, 04:05:08 pm »

Just tested some, they do work in fortress mode quite well. I incorporated one into my mod, for testing. Full report here, first page: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101264.0

Turns dwarves into golems, if you built a custom toy first, called golem. Then you can imbue the lifeless golem statue with the lifeforce/soul of a willing dwarf, who sacrificies himself to serve the mountainhomes. (PS: I like dragonage)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2012, 04:07:04 pm »

How about a potion that you brew from dragon brains, that gives you scales and wings and makes you immune to fire and makes you bigger (maybe not dragon-sized) and so forth to make you draconikier? And stuff like that. Or roc feathers being made into an amulet that can summon a cloud that lets whoever is engulfed in it fly for a while...or a hydra blood potion to make you heal faster...or a minotaur horn potion which makes you stronger and makes you grow horns...or a cyclops eyejuice (preserve reagent?) potion that makes you only have one eye for a while...or, or, or.
Or a bronze colossus statue that turns you into a bronze colossus.

Wait... :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Inmate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2012, 04:19:56 pm »

Issues after playing .6 with a Witcher:

HOW do I harvest plants? The good genesis 'old random plant from nothing' reaction isn't there, and just can't find a way to pick up the plants showing up on a map. It's quite embarassing to starve in the middle of endless Plump Helmet fields (yeah, plump helmets above ground, WTF) and impossibru to get thread so I can't make a backpack... and sadly, bandits or dwarves (even soldiers) don't seem to wear or store those either.
This bugs me as well.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2012, 06:29:49 am »

Just tested some, they do work in fortress mode quite well. I incorporated one into my mod, for testing. Full report here, first page: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101264.0

Turns dwarves into golems, if you built a custom toy first, called golem. Then you can imbue the lifeless golem statue with the lifeforce/soul of a willing dwarf, who sacrificies himself to serve the mountainhomes. (PS: I like dragonage)

Yeeees!
Build/Workshops/Anvil of the Void :D

Also, tested 0.6 some more with my spine-injured Witcher from yesterday. Luckily, Eagleform potion can be made from ingredients freely available in great quantity in human towns (seriously, what's with the quantum food supplies in random houses?), people still talk to me once it wears out, and it heals all injuries.

Issues:
-carving knives are nigh unobtainable, I haven't found a shop which sells them and they aren't typical bandit loot or civilian equipment either... I suggest adding the knap stone carving knife reaction from genesis (did it myself, took me ages to find small rocks) or better yet mod the reaction to require the large dagger everyone starts with.
-zombies are fast and freakishly strong. Shouldn't it be one or the other instead of both?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2012, 07:59:15 am »

Wait, I meant to replace them with large daggers, didn't I fix it? Damn, I will release a fix soon.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2012, 07:59:25 am »

-zombies are fast and freakishly strong. Shouldn't it be one or the other instead of both?

I don't think that is associated with the Witcher mod, no. Blame The Great One.

Also Deon, why don't you add harvesting plants like in Genesis mod, as it was said earlier in this thread? It is a pain in the ass to find a valley herb and other things, and I couldn't find any plants in the market.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2012, 08:59:19 am »

AAaand, here's the bugfixed vanilla version :D Sadly, not safe-compatible :(

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2012, 09:08:57 am »

I don't think that is associated with the Witcher mod, no. Blame The Great One.

Also Deon, why don't you add harvesting plants like in Genesis mod, as it was said earlier in this thread? It is a pain in the ass to find a valley herb and other things, and I couldn't find any plants in the market.

For balance? But really, finding Rope Reed for backpack making is a pain in the rear.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12