Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: [0.34.1] Witchcraft Mod (0.6 version) - magic, potions and crafting, Phoebus  (Read 39241 times)

Shadowscales

• Bay Watcher
  • rawr
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.1] Witchcraft Mod (0.6 version) - magic, potions and crafting, Phoebus
« Reply #150 on: February 18, 2012, 09:13:30 am »

Can't wait until actual body changes are enabled!
I might start creating a Cataclysm mod!
If modding seems too hard, I'll at least create a glass bottle of mutagen, because who doesn't like mutations in roguelikes?
Welcome to the fold, the weirdos are in that corner, and that one, and those two. And in the middle too, we're all weirdos in the Furry Fandom

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.1] Witchcraft Mod (0.6 version) - magic, potions and crafting, Phoebus
« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2012, 09:18:19 am »

-zombies are fast and freakishly strong. Shouldn't it be one or the other instead of both?

I don't think that is associated with the Witcher mod, no. Blame The Great One.

Also Deon, why don't you add harvesting plants like in Genesis mod, as it was said earlier in this thread? It is a pain in the ass to find a valley herb and other things, and I couldn't find any plants in the market.

For balance? But really, finding Rope Reed for backpack making is a pain in the rear.

Then you find 10 bags of 1-80 pig tails/rope reeds in a corner in some house for no good reason, pick some up, and have the wonderfully bugged ability to create ~10 items instead of one, as the second thread ingredient writes -12000 required... "you have created a rope reed backpack and more" indeed.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2012, 09:47:51 am »

Hey, Deon, are you gonna add frost attacks any time soon?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2012, 04:30:01 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:50:25 pm by Bronimin »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2012, 04:44:19 pm »

Dwarves have captured a goblin fotress during worldgen.

Hey, Deon, are you gonna add frost attacks any time soon?
Yep, I am busy with Wasteland now pushing out a first update, then I will come back and add more stuff.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rip0k

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2012, 04:53:45 pm »

Dear Deon, could You add elemental immunity potion? or at least fire immunity?
Rip0k cancels chillin, struck down by water pipe shot!

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2012, 06:13:12 pm »

Hmmm necromancers can teach theyr underlings how to raise zombies, so i was wondering if you could make Witches/Wizzards share knowledge. It would be a nice touch to have different Wizzard shools all over the world that teach different spells.

Also the smokescreen a few pages back could be spell on its own - some kind of "Unnatural Fog"? A simple healing-spell and something for increased poison resistance would be nice.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 19, 2012, 12:49:06 am »

How about some Boss blood-magic? If it's possible, you could tie in player blood loss with use of spells.

Also Deon, have you thought of adding natural abilities to races such as Nords, Keepers, Dune-dwellers or the other races from Genesis? A Nordic Berserker Rage comes to mind.

And, though it's likely impossible at this point, what about geo-mancy? Spells that channel, dig or produce earth? Can't tell me it wouldn't be tremendous to lure a Bronze Collosus under a pre-damaged mountain then crush him with a well placed spell. ((or collapse a dark tower))
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:54:35 am by Logrin »
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

demonicplaydoh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2012, 10:54:20 am »

So a few of these spells are broken, madness and the bleed effect from harm specifically. I haven't ben able to get them working either :/

jackbod

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:KOBOLD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2012, 11:37:24 am »

Do I have to play this specific mod to get there powers or am I going to be reading books?
One often meets his own destiny on the path he takes to avoid it

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2012, 11:39:37 am »

You get the spells after adventurer creation, due to them being natural abilities. Of course, that is assuming you pick the Witcher race, and not any of the default ones.

Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2012, 04:25:37 pm »

So a few of these spells are broken, madness and the bleed effect from harm specifically. I haven't ben able to get them working either :/
The madness works fine for me.

Lorgrin, once I start working on Genesis again, all races will be unique (especially serpentfolk, with different caster castes).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #162 on: February 19, 2012, 04:42:10 pm »

Good luck deon. I think I will focus on older features to implement, and let you figure out the intricate knowledge of the new possibilities. You seem to do fine :)

On question though: You focus heavily on adventure mode, I on the other hand have no clue, since I never played it. Any recommendations for things I could add to my mod, to easy adventuring ?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 19, 2012, 04:50:24 pm »

It's a simple mod focused to spice up the adventure mode. For the fortress AND adventurer mode I am working on Wasteland mod now. So yeah, this mod is adventure-centric.

You need:
1) Crafting. Even basic crafting is great, it adds a good feel of resourcefulness when you can kill a wolf and make a waterskin out of it or carve a trophy out of a dragon's head (which should also stop it from being reanimated by necromancers).

2) Interesting spells to learn. I went the cheap way here, making a "magical" race, but it's more interesting to make OBTAINABLE spells. Like, make dragons to drop "dragon souls" which would give you magical abilities (dragonshouts? :D) when you consume them, and make brewable potions from giants' eyes and lions' intestines which give you new abilities or improve your body...

3) Which leads to potions; being able to make potions is always great (make sure you add some crafting reaction to craft vials for potion brewing).

4) Don't make TOO complex recipes, but make the player to work for it. And have quite a lot. It's not fun at all to look for specific ingredients which are hard to obtain and form complex lists. It's much better to make the player to check the crafting menu and find out that he can brew some kind of potions. Many players really won't bother with targeting of unusual ingredients, so give them many options.

I hope it helps :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #164 on: February 19, 2012, 04:54:25 pm »

I was more thinking of: Yes, throw in the wanderers friend and mod X and Y, and you are good. I guess all reactions should be adventure mode enabled and have no fitting building, to not collide with fortress mode. Again, I never played adventure mode, I wouldnt know what people want or need. But thanks for the help, even if it is late in st petersburg (if the place is still correct) Here in sunny colombia it is just 1700 in the evening ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12