Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101542 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard: A Quickish Mafia - Day 1: The Straw Poll
« Reply #255 on: February 20, 2012, 03:18:03 pm »

Asterisk was just an artifact form my count tracking.

Day will end in 1 hour, 45 minutes.

I was thinking 10 votes because of Tiruin's double vote, but you're right - It should be number of players that can vote, not number of votes that can be cast. Double votes and whatnot don't count.

Pranz is now on the lynching block as well.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 20, 2012, 03:27:05 pm »

Duly noted. Thank you for the update, GlyphGryph! It's very helpful.

Urist Imiknorris: Yes.
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 20, 2012, 03:35:39 pm »

From the above, it seems Andrew, Toony and Pranz will be lynched. While that list is fine by me, I'd ask McNoble and Tiruin to make sure whether they want Pranz to hang. Your vote, your choice, of course, just make sure you're sure.

Quite sure. The case against him kept getting stronger every time he put his fingers to the keyboard.

Reasonable people can disagree on whether he is a flailing newbie or flailing newbscum. But as things stand his nightreads will be useless for anything other than drowning the whole town in wine, until he dies and we get a roleflip. And since tomorrow is MyLo unless we hit scum today, that means he's useless even as town until after the town has already lost.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 20, 2012, 03:39:09 pm »

Woops, accidently put an extra vote on Toonyman. fixed.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 20, 2012, 03:40:57 pm »

Incidentally, Bookthras, if we mislynch all three today, we'll be at LyLo tomorrow. Which means that tonight will be the last chance for your vigkill to make a difference (of course, if you shoot and miss, it's game over). If we hit one scum, though, your vigkill will put us at MyLo tomorrow if you shoot and miss. I'd really rather you use your kill to prevent than to cause a MyLo.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 20, 2012, 03:42:49 pm »

Quite sure[...]
Yeah, makes sense. Objection withdrawn.

PPE: I really hope we don't mislynch all three! But yeah, that also makes sense. It'll be an interesting night, for sure.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 20, 2012, 05:51:43 pm »

Day is now over.

Night will end in 4 hours.

Final Votecount:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Some simply cannot find purchase in the straw poll - they walk amongst the crowds, shake hands, kiss babies - but something is missing - support. Perhaps it is the fact that the other candidates have turned on them, viciously speaking ill about them, until people wonder how a person could be so hated by their own party. When the poll numbers finally come in, ToonyMan, Pranz, and Andrew425 all find themselves polling in the low single digits. They see the writing on the wall, and quietly resign from the race. In four more years, perhaps, then it will surely be their time...

The others chatter quietly amongst themselves about the results. Had they shamed the commie traitors into retreating? Or had they merely disgraced loyal party members? Regardless, a few more opponents were out of the running.

Toaster was crowned champion of the straw poll, pulling in an amazing 35% of the vote, even in the crowded field. He was untouchable, right now, riding high on a wave of possibility. It would be far too risky for anyone to attack him outright between now and the debates. But the debates... they weren't far away yet. Whether the liberals remained or not, this race was not yet over.

Toaster is the Frontrunner! He is guaranteed to survive the night! Any ability that would kill him fizzles instead, failing in its entirety. One shot abilities are wasted. Perhaps most importantly, his influx of funds allow him to shift an additional issue tonight, and gain an additional vote tomorrow as his attack machine kicks into overdrive.

The debates are not far away - be prepared to field questions from the audience!

ToonyMan, Pranz, and Andrew425 have been eliminated from the race!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard: A Quickish Mafia - Night 1: Day begins in 4 hours.
« Reply #262 on: February 20, 2012, 08:51:46 pm »

Please Hold while night resolves.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard: A Quickish Mafia - Night 1: Day begins in 4 hours.
« Reply #263 on: February 20, 2012, 09:26:47 pm »

The debates come round with no more nasty attacks - could it be possible? Could he secret liberals have been defeated? Some members swear they see signs of liberal influence in some recent ads, but you could all simply be jumping at shadows at this point. Regardless, it's time for...

Day 2 - The Straw Poll
The lights! The Cameras! The action! Everyone bustles around. Questions fly. The audience gets thoroughly involved, and a candidate is occasionally cornered by probing questions. The also-rans are here, hanging in the wings, perhaps considering which candidate, if any, they will endorse - or perhaps even angling for a vice president position.

The newscaster steps to the podium, turns to the audience, and says "Thank you, thank you all for coming! My name is NativeForeigner, and before we begin the debates today... I'd like to announce my own candidacy! Yes, that's right, your favorite media personality has decided to throw his hat into this craaaazy ring - all those meetings and interviews and advertisements were not just for show! It is now OFFICIAL! Yes, yes, that's quite a lot of applause! I love all of you as well! I know, I know - I said I wouldn't run for office. But when the country needs you, well, you have to answer the call, right? That's what a true patriot does, and I'm nothing if not a patriot!"

He turns to the others. "Now, I'll be joining you over there in just a minute, but first let's explain the rules..."

Today is the day of the Debate! With the straw poll behind you, things have settled down a bit - for one thing, lynching is now limited to the person with the most votes, rather than everyone over a certain amount. For another, Toaster comes into this debate with a huge lead! While that gives him a certain amount of standing (he gets an additional vote!) it also leads to a bit of public scrutiny! There's risk being the front runner.

Now, what does it mean for it to be Debate Day? Simple! Every member of the audience can post a single time today, asking a question of a nominee, making a comment, or just launching some sort of tirade! It's an opportunity for the public to speak their mind and really interact with the candidates.

Now... Game on!

Day ends in roughly 48 hours. To be generous, I've granted you a single extension - for the entire game. It, also, will last 48 hours. Use it wisely.

Public Opinion:
Social: Liberal
Religious: Super-Conservative
Economic: Conservative

Vote count:
Toaster(1) <- Public Scrutiny
Urist McUselessNoble(1) <- Tiruin

AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION RULES:
Members of the peanut gallery (anyone not in the game) may make a single content post! They may ALSO make a single post containing a green vote (these can be the same post or separate). The player with the most green votes from audience members will be the Frontrunner tonight - green votes from other players do nothing.

Frontrunner rules:
The frontrunner can not be lynched (The lynch will pass to the player with the next largest vote count), on account of being guaranteed to survive the night.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:38:36 pm by GlyphGryph »

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile

Well, so much for the Cunning Plan.

GlyphGryph, you are a BASTARD for not giving us roleflips! ...but it's our fault; we knew you were when we came in, and should have expected some low, underhanded, despicable maneuver like that.

Two questions, though: a) is NativeForeigner now a full-on player (i.e., there are seven players left, not six)?; and b) Even though the multi-lynch is gone, we can still vote for many people, right?

Interesting claim time:
- In addition to my one-shot kill, I have a nightly ability to inspect up to two player's stance on Religious issues. Given the lack of flips, I decided to be cautious and holster my gun, using my inspect instead. I inspected McNoble and Dariush.

McNoble: Please claim your stance on religious issues publicly.

Dariush: I will claim without waiting: He is a full-on Religious Liberal. Opposed to religion completely, doesn't belong to a church, and once referred to religion as "the opiate of the masses". More Marxist than that, you can't get. Since we have heard from GG that stance on issues is related to alignment, we can confidently tell that Dariush is a dirty liberal commie, and must die today.

Mod: Can we count on Issues being reasonably correlated to alignment? Or are you just Wining and dining us with them?
They are generally related but not strictly related. A conservative will always be more conservative than liberal, and will at least be somewhat conservative overall.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NativeForeigner is now a full on player.

Edit:

Also, just added rules for today's Frontrunner and governing audience participation to the day post.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:49:43 pm by GlyphGryph »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Well, shit.  I didn't think to check to see if people actually flipped alignments!  With this post, I have yielded my chance to res the three lynchees last night.  I simply don't trust any of you enough to sacrifice myself for you.

Thankfully, I have a plan B!  Everyone claim what issues you adjusted last night (and in which direction).  We can compare what they should be versus what they are, and see if we can find some liars!  It's like Sorc Apprentice, except better.

I put Religion and Social each toward conservative.

Onward...

Dariush.  See case from yesterday (TLDR- Town Dariush is loud, aggressive, and abrasive, not "Dariush is playing?" levels of activity) and Book's inspect.

Urist/Mii:  I saw Mii as being defensive in those early posts, coupled with the aforementioned WIFOM.  To be honest, I didn't pay her much attention since she wasn't a strong scum read and she wasn't headed toward a lynch.  I was fine seeing the others go.

Native:  You are an unknown, and unknowns are bad.  What did you learn from watching yesterday?  Did you know you were going to become a player?

The Audience:  I'm interested in any opinions or questions from Out There.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

EBWOP:  My suspicion of Mii has waned by this point.  I'll reread tomorrow to get some more info, but nothing else for her now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

The Audience:  I'm interested in any opinions or questions from Out There.

I really have no stake in whatever happens in this game and I'm not about to start reading through the thread just for shits and giggles.

I will cast a green vote for someone though. If they make it worth my while somehow.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Dariush
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42