Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101560 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Urist McUselessNoble

Do you have proof that it is so? No. It reads "Arch-Conservative". Good work Senator, appealing by pop internet culture. I don't read that.

McNoble, I was absent for a grand total of one day with one day of bad activity if my calculations are correct. Why are you so overplaying my supposed lurking? Don't want to actually scumhunt?
But this day lasts for another two, not so? So if you had kept lurking throughout this day, you would have been lurking for half a week.

You didn't, but then that didn't help you much when in fact you turned out to be a liar.
Didn't you see his past posts? Not that lurky due to his explanation on the weekend. But he hasn't answered my question, now that I see it.

NativeForeigner: Who is scum and why?
Why the useless question? You're acting as if the guy who jumped in (Bastardy Mafia!) knows already who is who? With a blunt and vague question.

PPE. Gah.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile

Urist McUselessNoble
Do you have proof that it is so? No.

Maybe I do, Mr. OMGUS. Maybe I do. I did inspect two chaps, remember?

But I want to hear from Bookthras, Mii, Toaster and NativeForeigner before I reveal who the second one is. Y'know, to keep people honest. Or at least looking over their shoulder.

Didn't you see his past posts? Not that lurky due to his explanation on the weekend. But he hasn't answered my question, now that I see it.
I did. And that's why I didn't vote him yesterday. But the weekend is well and truly over, so a pressure vote seemed appropriate.

NativeForeigner: Who is scum and why?
Why the useless question? You're acting as if the guy who jumped in (Bastardy Mafia!) knows already who is who? With a blunt and vague question.
Why are you chainsawing for Native? "Who is scum and why?" is a perfectly reasonable question, in the same way that "please give me your read on everyone and your top scumpicks" is a reasonable demand.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile

Oh, look, the political flavour is back. Social Super-Conservative, Economic Super-Conservative, Religious Conservative.

Mii: Where art thou, O speaker of elder languages and dead tongues American with two simple phrases of Latin and French on the side?

Not lurking, just working while on bay12.

Also Dariush.

Dariush
: First of all, I would like to direct you to the audience participation rules of this post. You are not able to greenvote yourself or any other candidate. Second of all, why are you lying about your stance? Perhaps because you are liberal scum who does not want to concede to your malicious ways? I have a hard time believing you when two people total attest that you are in fact a liar.

Finally, why are you "overplaying" McNoble's comment about lurking? Is 'not wanting to actually scumhunt' your only reason for wanting to lynch him (he is scumhunting, though, which is the thing that threw me off with your retaliation)? It does not seem like you are very keen on scumhunting, yourself, but instead complaining about the audience participation, complaining about someone's inquiry about toward absence, and lying. This is not a very good start to the second day, Dariush.

NativeForeigner: That was not an unreasonable or useless question. Please answer it, as I would like to hear the answer as well.
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

McNoble:  Fair enough.  I am a Social and Religious Super-Conservative and Economic Conservative.  (Hence me shifting Social and Religion.)

See below for Mii read.

Tiruin:
Toaster: Did you actually claim as a resurrector (or whatever the formal Mafia name is for that) just to avoid discrepancy in decision? Or are you saving it up until you are sure that the lynched is absolutely town?

Not quite sure what you mean by the first question.  I didn't actually plan on being able to post anything today, as I expected to use my ability on anyone that flipped town.  For now, I'm saving it for people I am absolutely sure on.  Given that we can no longer multilynch, it's less useful for that plan.

EBWOP:  My suspicion of Mii has waned by this point.  I'll reread tomorrow to get some more info, but nothing else for her now.

If I may inquire why you dropped suspicion on Mii when you had your vote going on her for the whole day yesterday?

Full read on Mii:

She starts out quibbling with Toony on grammar- a useless cause, since his has never been top-notch, but she does have an excuse for not knowing his meta.  Any post where she defends herself is very wordy- not directly scummy, but a lot of energy that could be focused on finding scum.  I mentioned this and the WIFOM earlier, which is what earned that early vote. 

However, aside from these early stumbles, she hasn't really done anything overtly scummy.  She tunneled a bit into ToonyMan, but opened up today on a broader base.  She's not worth a vote right now, but I'm keeping an eye on her.

Book:
Dariush: I will claim without waiting: He is a full-on Religious Liberal. Opposed to religion completely, doesn't belong to a church, and once referred to religion as "the opiate of the masses". More Marxist than that, you can't get.

How much of that is from the role result, and how much is your own personal expansion of flavor?

Dariush:  Why are you not scum hunting?

Mod:  Will a roleblock stop a player from shifting the issues?

Spoiler: Claimed Issue Shifts: (click to show/hide)

So yeah, wanting to hear from Mii and Book on this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mod:  Will a roleblock stop a player from shifting the issues?
Depends.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile

Dariush

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wherefore art thou, Mercurio Bookthras and Native? I'm still missing your issueclaims.

Everybody except me, Toaster and Dariush: You haven't claimed your issue-shift.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Tiruin claimed his.  Did you read my post?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, I did, but skipped over the spoiler because I thought I had that part down. My bad.

Still, even with Tiruin, the showing on issue shifts remains desultory.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: the more you know (click to show/hide)

McNoble: Did I not already tell you my economic, social, and religious stances (or issues)? Or am I misunderstanding what you asked for?
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes you did. But you didn't tell us how you shifted public opinion in the night. Unless I derped and missed it like I did with Tiruin.

Spoiler: It's a reference (click to show/hide)

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile

Whoops, I derped. I didn't sway public opinion in the night, as I didn't do a night action.

Spoiler: I see. (click to show/hide)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tiruin.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Mii:
Whoops, I derped. I didn't sway public opinion in the night, as I didn't do a night action.

Uh huh.

Spoiler: Claimed Issue Shifts: (click to show/hide)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry folks, most of my day was occupied by family! Until now, I did not possess the resources to sway any issues.

Toaster: I learned that finding out who the Liberals are might turn out to be a little more difficult that I first thought. I did, in fact, know that I would become a player, but it wouldn't happen until I decided to announce my candidacy. At the rate things were going, I was worried about any of your chances of beating the incumbent (whom I believe might be a third-party), not to mention the liberals. That's why I'm here. I'm don't care about getting elected or even nominated, my primary concern is to tweak things enough to give us a chance of victory.

Tiruin: If you recall, I said that was my only post of the day! But I see that you already saw that.

Bookthras: I understand your cautious stance. Allow me to explain, I am the Dark Horse Candidate and I have the best of Conservative interests in mind. I found out about the Liberal invasion early and decided to do something about it, but I had to wait for the right moment to announce my candidacy. As I said, I'm not looking for personal gain, I'm looking to ensure a Conservative victory in this race. If it comes down to it, I would gladly sacrifice my standing in the polls to ensure a true Conservative rises to victory.

From what you say, you appear to have some inside information on some of our competitors. What are you going to do to convince us they're accurate?

McNoble: I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I figure that out for myself. I now pose the same question to you. Who are the Liberals and why?

I'll look through the records once more and see if I can figure something out.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 42