Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101576 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile

I will cast a green vote for someone though. If they make it worth my while somehow.

The SuperPAC with which I cannot legally coordinate will award you forty thousand imaginary dollars, and a candidacy for congressman in a half-forgotten county of Idaho, if you green vote me.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

:-\

Great. Bastardly unknowns.

NativeForeigner (Despite what NF said earlier, as his only post. A lie! Or someone has a role power to put Audience members in!) (One of) The Audience is in the game!

Toaster: Did you actually claim as a resurrector (or whatever the formal Mafia name is for that) just to avoid discrepancy in decision? Or are you saving it up until you are sure that the lynched is absolutely town?

EBWOP:  My suspicion of Mii has waned by this point.  I'll reread tomorrow to get some more info, but nothing else for her now.

If I may inquire why you dropped suspicion on Mii when you had your vote going on her for the whole day yesterday?

Bookthras: The post above this was flavor. Are you just trying to get a greenvote by...throwing in more flavor? Also, near the end of the day, you seem to go 'friendly' on Urist McUselessNoble? (Can we use an abbreviation for your name Urist?)

Dariush
Dariush: Now that you aren't busy; could you at least give impressions on us in general? Firstly, I thought you too were lurking, but you cleared it up with weekend-business. Give more detail on your votes.
Don't buddy me with your 'Oh yes, I understand everything, sure you were busy, I don't blame you blahblahblah', and I already gave all the reasons for both votes before I made a mass unvote.
I wasn't buddying in the slightest, just noting down your busy-ness.
Though, I guess this may be because of your weekend. Still, want to know why.

Mod: Updated player count and time until end of day please.

Busy rereading thread, and busy in general. Will post later on (~6 hours).

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Time until day end is approximately 44 hours.

First been has been updated to mirror the current status of players.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Tiruin.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile

Even though the multi-lynch is gone, we can still vote for many people, right?
If we can only lynch one guy, we shouldn't go so far overboard on the multiple votes that it enables the scum to vote-ninja a tie at day end.

Interesting claim time:
- In addition to my one-shot kill, I have a nightly ability to inspect up to two player's stance on Religious issues. Given the lack of flips, I decided to be cautious and holster my gun, using my inspect instead. I inspected McNoble and Dariush.

McNoble: Please claim your stance on religious issues publicly.
I am a religious conservative.

Dariush: I will claim without waiting: He is a full-on Religious Liberal. Opposed to religion completely, doesn't belong to a church, and once referred to religion as "the opiate of the masses". More Marxist than that, you can't get. Since we have heard from GG that stance on issues is related to alignment, we can confidently tell that Dariush is a dirty liberal commie, and must die today.
I have reason to dispute your reasoning here, on the basis of my own role:
As previously noted, I am a Religious Conservative.
I am also a Social Liberal.
And an Economic Arch-Conservative.

And on that note, I want to see full issueclaims from everyone. Right now. Because I also had a one-shot investigative role related to issues (not telling who I investigated for what until I see some claims, though). Which makes me think we all got one.

Thankfully, I have a plan B!  Everyone claim what issues you adjusted last night (and in which direction).  We can compare what they should be versus what they are, and see if we can find some liars!  It's like Sorc Apprentice, except better.
I am UristMcUselessNoble, and I approve this message.

I adjusted Economics towards Conservative.

Dariush. Tomorrow may be LyLo. I'm not heading into LyLo with lurkscum among us if I can avoid it. I want to see some actual activity today.
NativeForeigner: Who is scum and why?

Tiruin: People seem to have settled on McNoble. I can work with either McNoble or McUseless, but prefer for people to stick with one (makes me need less ctrl-f to find the questions people ask me if I miss them in the first readthrough).
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Excuse me, I have a few questions for Senator Bookthras.

Two questions, though: a) is NativeForeigner now a full-on player (i.e., there are seven players left, not six)?; and b) Even though the multi-lynch is gone, we can still vote for many people, right?
I would like to know why that makes Native dirty liberal scum, sir.

- In addition to my one-shot kill, I have a nightly ability to inspect up to two player's stance on Religious issues. Given the lack of flips, I decided to be cautious and holster my gun, using my inspect instead. I inspected McNoble and Dariush.

Are all men not created equal? Why give McNoble a chance to claim, and not Dariush?

I will cast a green vote for someone though. If they make it worth my while somehow.

The SuperPAC with which I cannot legally coordinate will award you forty thousand imaginary dollars, and a candidacy for congressman in a half-forgotten county of Idaho, if you green vote me.

Why are you flavor-grubbing for green votes?

Senator McNoble:
Why are you really LaL(lynch all lurkers)'ing and FOS-bandwagoning instead of actually hunting scumliberals? So you can feign activity? Or would you like to get to LYLO faster?

Hint: "I'm not" is a bad answer.

When all my questions are answered, I will vote.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Senator McNoble:
Why are you really LaL(lynch all lurkers)'ing
If Dariush comes out and plays, I'll remove my vote on him, unless he gives me a reason not to. That's how pressure votes work, no? Pressure-voting lurkers is perfectly legitimate, no? And if the lurkers keep lurking after being pressured, then I really don't want them around at M/LyLo.

Besides, Dariush isn't some toddling newbie who'll get policylynched because he didn't think to ask for a replacement when he found himself short of time to play the game. If he lurks for half an IRL week in a row, it's because he means to lurk.

and FOS-bandwagoning
We only get to lynch one guy today, and until and unless Dariush delurks and starts playing, he's my top pick. But I hardly think that should prevent me from putting Native on notice that I need some activity from him.

instead of actually hunting scumliberals?
Um, did you miss the three quarters of my post where I was scumhunting?

Or are you just a liberal who's come to astroturf us?
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tiruin:
Bookthras: The post above this was flavor. Are you just trying to get a greenvote by...throwing in more flavor? Also, near the end of the day, you seem to go 'friendly' on Urist McUselessNoble?
How else would one get a greenvote from a guy who doesn't care what's going on and doesn't want to read the thread? Offer him an electronic blowjob? That may be what they do in your corrupt liberal elite coastal château, but in my constituency, we offer bribes and seats in the house instead! That's the true American Way!

And what do you have against flavour anyway? I expect we'll see quite a bit of that this day, what with the Audience invited in and all, and I for one welcome it and applaud it. Sure, that by itself won't find much scum, but it's fun, and as long as it's done in addition to scumhunting, rather than instead of, what's the harm?

Regarding your "friendly" comment: agreement is not buddying. If someone makes a good point, I have no compunction recognising the point as valid, regardless of what I think of their alignment. It's not like I bought him a beer or anything. If I think something makes sense, I say so.

McNoble:
I am a religious conservative.
Noted and confirmed. That matches my inspection result.

Dariush: I will claim without waiting: He is a full-on Religious Liberal. Opposed to religion completely, doesn't belong to a church, and once referred to religion as "the opiate of the masses". More Marxist than that, you can't get. Since we have heard from GG that stance on issues is related to alignment, we can confidently tell that Dariush is a dirty liberal commie, and must die today.
I have reason to dispute your reasoning here, on the basis of my own role:
A Liberal! Scum! McNoble.
It does complicate matters a bit, though, but my scum read on him D1 was strong enough that I am confident enough to call him scum, and want him lynched. His liberalism is merely one more detail that adds to the case against him.

If we can only lynch one guy, we shouldn't go so far overboard on the multiple votes that it enables the scum to vote-ninja a tie at day end.
Agreed when the day is closer to an end, but in the mean time, that is not a danger, and there's plenty of time to reconsider. However Moderator: If there is a tie in votes at day end, is there a nolynch, or are both leading vote targets lynched?

And on that note, I want to see full issueclaims from everyone. Right now. Because I also had a one-shot investigative role related to issues (not telling who I investigated for what until I see some claims, though). Which makes me think we all got one.
I agree with that, and with Toaster's plan of claiming shifts on them, and will claim mine. But I'd like to see a couple more people claim first. Preferably starting with Dariush and Tiruin (and NativeForeigner, although we can't corroborate his, they're good to have for future reference).

Tiruin: People seem to have settled on McNoble. I can work with either McNoble or McUseless, but prefer for people to stick with one.
I prefer "McNoble." I'm used to typing it by now, and sounds better than McUseless.

Response to the esteemed Orange member from the state of Bottle coming in a few.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A Liberal! Scum! McNoble.
It does complicate matters a bit, though, but my scum read on him D1 was strong enough that I am confident enough to call him scum, and want him lynched. His liberalism is merely one more detail that adds to the case against him.
I'll get back to that when I see more issueclaims. I have a hypothesis I want to test and some search results I want to keep hidden to catch fakeclaimers, which is why I'm being cagey about responding to this right now.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Orangebottle:

Two questions, though: a) is NativeForeigner now a full-on player (i.e., there are seven players left, not six)?; and b) Even though the multi-lynch is gone, we can still vote for many people, right?
I would like to know why that makes Native dirty liberal scum, sir.
As a long time follower of the process of rooting out Communist sympathizers, as championed by the great late Joseph McCarthy, NativeForeigner is diirty liberal scum until he convinces us otherwise. That is the default position. It's not my questions to the moderator that make him scum. It's his arrogant presumption that he can just jump into the race willy-nilly, after the rest of us have suffered through a long and arduous campaign, that make him initially suspect.

My vote is there to pressure him to come forward and express his positions clearly, to give us his views on the campaign so far, his views on his fellow candidates, and to fully claim his allegiances with respect to Social, Religious and Economic issues. If he wants me to remove my vote, he'd better make good use of the floor.

Plus, just look at him! He's a media personality. He's a freakin' reporter! He's obviously in the pocket of Hollywood and the liberal media, and thinks that just because he's been on the tube a few times, people should listen to him. I say to him: No, sir! You cannot pretend to be able to govern just because you know how to wear makeup and smile to the camera! You must show that you have a vision for the future of this great country!

Are all men not created equal? Why give McNoble a chance to claim, and not Dariush?
Certainly not! I am a true believer in American Exceptionalism. All Americans are created equal, sure, but Dariush is a suspected communist sympathizer, probably fresh from Moscow or Havana, and is not entitled to the same Constitutional Rights as those of us blessed to have been born in the greatest nation on Earth.

[OOC: If you inspect someone, and it comes with a scum result, you claim it right away. Town, not so much. Issues and alignments are not exactly the same, but I judged a similar principle applied.]

I direct my esteemed colleague to my response to Tiruin in my previous entry. However, I will add: he did say "if you make it worth my while"; how am I to do that? Impress him with my scumhunting technique? deep analytical skills? unbridled brillance? He knows them, whatever I do here wouldn't change his opinion, and he stated he doesn't care whether we find scum or not, or the result of the game. What's left, if not flavour?

Or is your question why do I want green votes? I give you George Mallory's reply: "Because they're there!" If they are to be bestowed, I'd like them to be bestowed on me, sure. Should I be campaigning for someone else?

However, that raises an interesting question: Moderator: we players cannot vote green today for each other, however, once we have accrued green votes by the audience, is there a mechanism for us to transfer them? Powder Miner voted Tiruin; could Tiruin, if he thinks it's best strategy, before the end of the day transfer that green vote to, say, me?

Dear Mr. Bottle, I hope I have answered your questions to your satisfaction, and I hope to have your support during this long campaign to secure the nomination, and then lead this nation to a bright and prosperous future, for all!

In God We Trust,
Bookthras.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Moderator: we players cannot vote green today for each other, however, once we have accrued green votes by the audience, is there a mechanism for us to transfer them? Powder Miner voted Tiruin; could Tiruin, if he thinks it's best strategy, before the end of the day transfer that green vote to, say, me?
Nope

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Flavor. No, Political Flavor. Hurrah. :I

GlyphGryph, you are a BASTARD for not giving us roleflips! ...but it's our fault; we knew you were when we came in, and should have expected some low, underhanded, despicable maneuver like that.
I really wondered if GG would run a game that had a loophole that could easily be pointed out. Hence, Toaster.

Spoiler: NativeForeigner (click to show/hide)
Formatted for emphasis. So this means, we had a participant that was hidden all along?!
There must be a pattern to this.
We currently have 7 candidates in running.

Spoiler: Bookthras (click to show/hide)
You're reading too much into my statement. Yes, I do know that flavor would be for fun and maybe sway the "Audience" BUT I know that every candidate would love to lie on Conservatism (The post I made earlier) just to get a vote!

I'm thinking along the lines of pure Mafia scumhunting, trying my best to do so and flavor isn't the way to do it (Partly because, IRL, I don't dabble in politics. Though I do like the fun.) Though, the role-absence does not help. The fact that the day is on still says that there is still scum OR a Third Party; or both.

Plus, just look at him! He's a media personality. He's a freakin' reporter! He's obviously in the pocket of Hollywood and the liberal media, and thinks that just because he's been on the tube a few times, people should listen to him. I say to him: No, sir! You cannot pretend to be able to govern just because you know how to wear makeup and smile to the camera! You must show that you have a vision for the future of this great country!
Good sir, do you even know how many jokes are set into high governing positions just because the will and love of the people are behind them? It's a reputation! And we're here to prove our own to these people. Yes, a reporter, but he's known by the people and I'm suspicious of all his doings.

Guess how many of those in an elected office wear a mask and try their hardest to keep their promises. Many actors, reporters, and those with knowledge of law have been inducted and ousted! It is all based on how you rule and if you can rule rightly! Background does have a bonus though.

Also, your statement on Americans are wrong! All HUMANS are created equal! Not withstanding race or religion! It's the bias that people set up against each other because of their nation's needs and the need for mutual coexistance. Also, the conquests made in history help set up the walls between every person. We are all born and made by the same source (hint: It's not Darwinism)! It is stupid to be condescending to another when he is of the same flesh and blood as you!
I direct my esteemed colleague to my response to Tiruin in my previous entry. However, I will add: he did say "if you make it worth my while"; how am I to do that? Impress him with my scumhunting technique? deep analytical skills? unbridled brillance? He knows them, whatever I do here wouldn't change his opinion, and he stated he doesn't care whether we find scum or not, or the result of the game. What's left, if not flavour?
Yeah, impress them with flavor. Lies can be spouted by even the most honest man (most does not mean every honest man) to look good in the eyes of the masses. It is the man who knows his power, his humility and knows how to restrain himself. I ask you this: If you were president, no, a King with rule over a nation, how would you lead? You have power over all the resources in your land, power to gain control over most of the ownerships that others toiled and sweat for all their lives. Do you think this should be exploited? I mean, cover-ups are easily made, eh?

Arch-Conservative on all issues! A super PAC is supportive of my case, hello random vote.

Issue shift on Riligion > Conservative.

Mii: Where art thou, O speaker of elder languages and dead tongues?

NativeForeigner: Does this esteemed personality have nothing to say to his fellow runners? Or was your political advance all just a ruse?

In other words: You two lurking?

PPE: Mod.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Oh god, this 'audience participation' is the worst idea ever.

Sure, except not really. Actually I am Social Super-Conservative, Economic Super-Conservative, Religious Conservative. I attempted to shift Social, but was roleblocked.

So yeah, you're lying, tunnelling scum, Book.

McNoble, I was absent for a grand total of one day with one day of bad activity if my calculations are correct. Why are you so overplaying my supposed lurking? Don't want to actually scumhunt?

Also Dariush.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arch-Conservative on all issues! A super PAC is supportive of my case, hello random vote.
Horseshit, Tiruin.

I can haz ur real claimz nao, plz? Kthxbai.

Oh god, this 'audience participation' is the worst idea ever.
Sure, except not really. Actually I am Social Super-Conservative, Economic Super-Conservative, Religious Conservative. I attempted to shift Social, but was roleblocked.

So yeah, you're lying, tunnelling scum, Book.

Dariush was one of the ones I investigated. And he's a lying liar who lies a lot.

Still holding off on telling what issue and who else I investigated until I see more claims.

McNoble, I was absent for a grand total of one day with one day of bad activity if my calculations are correct. Why are you so overplaying my supposed lurking? Don't want to actually scumhunt?
But this day lasts for another two, not so? So if you had kept lurking throughout this day, you would have been lurking for half a week.

You didn't, but then that didn't help you much when in fact you turned out to be a liar.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tiruin.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42