Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you like more in the updates?

More story please.
- 2 (50%)
More mechanics please.
- 1 (25%)
It's fine as is.
- 1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: World of Monsters 2.0  (Read 9113 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: World of Monsters 2.0
« Reply #150 on: August 01, 2021, 07:17:17 pm »

Kill the dwarf and leave after taking whatever his weapon, which should be metal.
+1
+1 also once we get a safe distance away, one of our regular slimes should eat said weapon, possibly making it a metal slime
Preferably one of the bigger slimes.
Just so you all know and realize there are no regular slimes in the exploration group so they will go back to the sub-grove where there are only size 1 regulars.
In that case let’s not eat the weapon.
we can still do that, we just need to discuss which of our I’m used slimes we want to combine the weapon with

But our aim should be to create basic metal slimes and then expand off of that. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 01, 2021, 07:18:59 pm »

Kill the dwarf and leave after taking whatever his weapon, which should be metal.
+1
+1 also once we get a safe distance away, one of our regular slimes should eat said weapon, possibly making it a metal slime
Preferably one of the bigger slimes.
Just so you all know and realize there are no regular slimes in the exploration group so they will go back to the sub-grove where there are only size 1 regulars.
In that case let’s not eat the weapon.
we can still do that, we just need to discuss which of our I’m used slimes we want to combine the weapon with

But our aim should be to create basic metal slimes and then expand off of that.
fair point

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2021, 03:20:39 am »

Just realized we should probably also eat the dwarf so they don't suspect he was killed as fast.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 02, 2021, 05:29:09 am »

Just realized we should probably also eat the dwarf so they don't suspect he was killed as fast.
yes

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 02, 2021, 02:25:34 pm »

yes
+1
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 02, 2021, 09:56:34 pm »

Turn 14.4:
Exploration Party:
The slimes jump on the Dwarf and leave nothing behind eating everything. The metal weapon is taken with the group not to be eaten yet. The hope is that by eating it a regular might become a metal slime. The slimes sneak away right after the fight and get some distance from the mortal group.
The next morning the mortal group is seen scrambling around their camp, probably trying to find the Dwarf that you left no trace of(except small unnoticeable trails of slime glue and maybe a tiny patch of slime glue where the Dwarf was)(Slime glue is slime excretion and is sought after by mortal races who use as a reinforcement(think pitch like)(it requires diluting with water and a fire source). A slime will drop 10 units of slime glue on death and over the course of 1 day produce 1 unit(a slime grove has a ton of it because 1 unit degrades at a rate of 100 days).).
You also notice a group of Humans that seem to be stalking the elephants. They number just a little bit larger in number then your group(11).

results: +2 essence; +1 metal weapon(counts a metal source worth 1)

What do the slimes do?
Attack the
-elepants
-mortals
--stalking the elephants
--group that may or may not know about you
Move on
-Back home
-South
-East
-West
Write in(??)

Spoiler: Collective stats: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: exploration group (click to show/hide)

The Dwarf really stood no chance in winning, though when did that ever stop a Dwarf? Also I hope you guys like the little bit of world building lore. Dwarves and Humans are known to cultivate slimes for their glue, where as Elves just want all monster dead(they are seen as an abomination to nature(stupid hippy Elves monsters have feelings to, right?)).
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 02, 2021, 10:03:50 pm »

((I would have thought Elves would think of monsters as other types of animals, a part of nature, I like the world building))
Return Home

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 03, 2021, 01:49:52 am »

((I would have thought Elves would think of monsters as other types of animals, a part of nature, I like the world building))
Return Home
+1 Let us return home and see if we can't make metal slimes!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 06, 2021, 10:43:05 pm »

Turn 14.5:
Exploration Party:
The slimes return to the sub-grove, depositing the essence and metal.

Main Grove:
4 Slimes are grown: 1 water, 3 regular; some increase in size

Sub-Grove 1:
1 Slime is grown: regular; some increase in size

results: +5 slimes(1 water, 4 regular); 1 size 1>4 water(main); 1 size 2>3 regular(main); 1 size 2>3 water(1st); 1 size 1>2 regular(1st); +4 essence(banked at main); +8 cap(main); +3 cap(1st)

Turn 14 is over, Choose Turn 15's actions:(You can do as many actions as you want a turn)
-Explore(how many and of what size+type of slimes)(must be from the same grove)
-Expand a Grove(add 1d10 to the grove capacity){not worth it}
-Form slimes(add 1d6 slimes)(grows with growth)
-Consolidate slime(combine x number of slimes of a size to get x/2 of the next size)
-Fuse(fuse x number of slimes of 2 or more different types to try to get a new type, must be equal in number of each type, will increase the size of the resulting slime by at least 1 size)
-Split slimes(have x number of slimes of size 1> split giving x*2 of the previous size)
Spoiler: slime infusions: (click to show/hide)
-establish sub-grove(where(direction and how many days away) and of what size+type of slimes){could be done as an exploration}
-Write in(???)

Spoiler: Collective stats: (click to show/hide)

Adulting sucks. In other news, remember you can do more than what the option show, all you need to do is try(Also you can do as many things in a turn as you want).
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2021, 05:06:02 am »

It is time to infuse one of our slimes with that weapon to get ourselves a metal slime!

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2021, 07:29:05 am »

It is time to infuse one of our slimes with that weapon to get ourselves a metal slime!
But wait, before we do that, we should combine 2 size 2 slimes into a size three slime and make that into a metal slime.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2021, 09:11:54 am »

But wait, before we do that, we should combine 2 size 2 slimes into a size three slime and make that into a metal slime.
+1, then split it into 2 size 2 metal slimes, have a size 2 metal slime split into 2 size 1s, then have one of the size 1 metal slimes fuse with a water slime, the other one fuse with an earth slime, thus leaving us with 1 size 2 metal slime and 1 size 1 metal+earth mystery element, and 1 size 1 metal+water mystery element, (we only have one of the weapons, so that’s why I think only one slime can eat it, please correct me if I’m mistaken I have an idea for a less complicated way to get more metal slimes for this experimentation if other slimes can share pieces of the weapon and gain metal element)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2021, 11:13:44 am »

+1, then split it into 2 size 2 metal slimes, have a size 2 metal slime split into 2 size 1s, then have one of the size 1 metal slimes fuse with a water slime, the other one fuse with an earth slime, thus leaving us with 1 size 2 metal slime and 1 size 1 metal+earth mystery element, and 1 size 1 metal+water mystery element, (we only have one of the weapons, so that’s why I think only one slime can eat it, please correct me if I’m mistaken I have an idea for a less complicated way to get more metal slimes for this experimentation if other slimes can share pieces of the weapon and gain metal element)
(Correct it's a 1 to 1 metal to slime, also remember it is in the 1st-sub grove, you could either send it to the main grove with slime(s) or combine regulars until you get the size you want)
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2021, 02:47:21 pm »

(Correct it's a 1 to 1 metal to slime, also remember it is in the 1st-sub grove, you could either send it to the main grove with slime(s) or combine regulars until you get the size you want)
+1 send to main grove.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2021, 01:27:19 am »

+1 To sending the weapon to the main grove.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]