Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Racial Politics IC  (Read 4456 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Racial Politics IC
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2015, 08:44:40 pm »

I find it odd that we brought in so many non-workers to the colony. You'd figure they'd be able to do something other than sitting around. Either thgat, or the workers we brought are co-ordinating the folks we have.

IC.

"The inactivity of the people are alarming. They are yearning for food and shelter every day, but then they are not even trying to get themselves fed! What settlers we have brought in, O Gods?"

Call for a meeting after this turn.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2015, 05:59:17 pm »

Well I guess its just going to move to action phase. I'll probably keep action phasing for a while until the council needs to meet again.

Get my worker to begin breeding the Giant Aphids.

Things are getting Grim. A hostile forest. Bovitaurs. Burning Caribous.

But then we must not be afraid. We come with great respect of these lands, but they will also make a worthy opponent if we have to.

"We are out of everything. Elves, sorry, with due respect, but we might have to defeat the jungle to not starve survive. We can live on poverty grass, yet not everyone can."

Archers will scout and hunt on the plains in the east. Peasants continue with the camp - help hauling if needed. Eat grass.

Spoiler: Centaurs (click to show/hide)

((Just going to count these like they were posted in the action phase.))

The centuars hunt brings back food for the encampment (+1 food.)

1 worker will herd the animals. Try to graze them on grass, if we can.

1 worker will try to cut some trees in the north. If attacked, retreat immediately.

You manage to get the animals to eat some of the strange grass. None of it bites back as of yet. You also manage to get some wood without being attacked. +1 wood

How much does it cost to turn them into workers?

EDIT: Anyway, my action(s)

Send the workers to start logging trees to gain enough wood for shelter and the piers.

Once we have enough wood, build enough shelter for our colonists and start building a pier whicdh we can dock our ship to.

You follow the humans and cut down some trees to the north. (+2 wood)

I guess we're saying actions ooc now? If so, have both my workers gather food from the plants while guarded by my melee unit because even though I do have enough food to just do nothing and let everybody else starve then rule the land myself, as said, I'd much prefer if somebody else got all our food and we just traded some metal for it or something.

Your workers manage to gather some fruits, but are attacked by a giant beetle. Your guard dispatches it and it should make a good meal too (+2 food)

Well damn so theres no way to make peasants useful? in that case for my turn ill put one worker to fishing he can use the wood resource to make himself equipment (spears,fishing rod, whatever) then the other to burning down the woods on the hill. The two wargs will be assigned to guarding the burn down the forest guy.

You burn a section of forest. The rest of the forest seems very angry and buzzes with the sound of bugs and animals. You manage to spear a fish about the size of an orc. (+2 food).

The day is drawing to a close. Night will soon be upon you. A meeting has been called for the morning and must be attended before the days work can begin.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2015, 08:19:31 pm »

Night has come and passed uneventfully. It is now time for the morning meeting. For those who have issues, bring them forth now.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2015, 12:03:37 pm »

((out for the day.))

(during the day...)

Ulamo moved around the camps, to look for a solution for a food shortage. To his horror, he noticed that a lot of the populace, of all races, are just idling around. They might be knapping their own tools perhaps, but overall they are doing very little productive labour.

This must be solved.

(to the meeting...)

"My Dear Leaders," said Ulamo in a loud voice, enough to wake everyone up. "We have a food problem. And yet half of us are iding. If we keep eating at this rate, the settlement will starve!"

"I, as the leader of all centaurs, proposes three policies to solve this problem. First, unless we can get up to balanced food production, it is an order that at least two foremen per race should focus on producing food. Second, we should also make it a standing order for anyone not directly led to produce food. Of course, they are essentially not supervised, so we are not expecting much from them, but at least "we won't provide you with food unless you put in an effort" should be enough.

"Finally, I understand that this is going to be controversial." Continues Ulamo, having cleared his throat. "Everyone should surrender their food supplies, and indeed all the food gathered for the day, to Centralton. We need to prosper together or we have to starve together. Only by tying our fates together, we can be come stronger."

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2015, 12:31:47 pm »

A bold proposal. Have the races discovered that perhaps collusion may be better than diffusion? It seems that there might be much to gain from forming a single settlement or government. Much to that end, the first trade ships will be arriving tomorrow with another race to join our midst.

(Also forming a single government/resource pool will seriously help me in keeping track of resources. Right now my notes are a mess.)

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
  • Cutting down the enemies of the emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2015, 12:49:24 pm »

"The Damned Horse has a point we have to many mouths to feed and not enough people trying to feed them expecting the people to assist in feeding themselves seems like a logical step honestly I'm surprised that we honestly have waited until now to address this problem. But at the same time Im hesitant to give up my peoples food supply as scarce as it may be I would need some sort of return if I was to give up my peoples food supply. Namely protection for my workers as we try and clear this hill so we can establish a proper Orkish settlement. If anyone would step forward and pledge me there warriors to protect my workers I would add my peoples food supply to a general pool of resources"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2015, 01:39:00 pm »

"While I can agree that more focus is needed on food production, we will not centralise it nor cede it into a central stockpile. We be damned before we let anyone dictate what we can and cannot do with our own effort and resources."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2015, 08:24:09 pm »

"We will happily pool our food stocks if most of the others do so. Also, we will happily continue breeding the Aphids for nourishment."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2015, 01:39:24 am »

((do we have some form of fact sheet on how fast we are eating food? Or, quite simply put, do every tribe need 2 food / day?))

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2015, 09:06:29 am »

((do we have some form of fact sheet on how fast we are eating food? Or, quite simply put, do every tribe need 2 food / day?))
((For now, yes, it might increase or decrease with the population later))
I don't know about putting all our resources together. It opens us up to some groups getting lazy and just using things everybody else worked hard to get. I say, we keep track of our own resources, and make sure [I've forgotten the name of spiderking's character] knows what we all have. For now, we've gathered some food for all the rest of you who didn't realize that you were about to starve to death.
((I'm suggesting putting your resources at the end of all your posts like we did for a bit earlier. Also I'm allowing any group with 1 or 0 food to take some from my stock, but not enough to get me below 2.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((When is food eaten? I started with 3 food, and gathered 2 last turn. I'm not sure how much I have))
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2015, 01:33:44 pm »

((seriously I need hard numbers to continue!))

Ulamo looked at the delegates. Their are hostile to sharing food, but are expected; after all no one will voluntarily give up his food supply...

"My delegates. I understand your concern. The centaurs are starving, just like some of you. I also understand that some of you think that some other race will be leechers, who might assign not enough workers to gather food but then want the full benefit of the communal work.

As such, let me repeat my revised proposals.

1. Every tribe should assign at least 2 foremen and a full labour cohort for food production. This is communal work, and all the gathered food is for the communal store. Every tribe is then entitled to 2 units of food from the stores per day. If there is excess food, it should be kept in the store, so when there is not enough, we have excess to feed everybody. If the stores have no food, I suppose our dear friends will be happy to give up some of them so no one will die from starvation.
2. Idle workers should be expected to find their own food. This should be in the form of a common understanding or decree. Who do not try to find food got no food, its that simple, unless they have something else more important to do. In this case they should be fed from the 2 food daily ration.
3. We should give up some of our stores so there is something for the common store. Well, I guess giving up all is not an option. But at least in the name of charity, if possible.

I hope there should be some understanding
"

Exhausted from the talk, Ulamo just stood there. They are long way from understanding the importance of cooperation, just like how we centaurs band up and round up game from different angles...

Spoiler: centaur (click to show/hide)

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
  • Cutting down the enemies of the emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2015, 01:53:51 pm »

"I could abide by this plan horse but I fear if all of the food was committed to a communal stockpile it would diminish the independence that we all hold so dear thus I would only be willing after a initial donation of all of my peoples food to give half of the food we collect to the communal stockpile the rest would be kept for my peoples use in case of emergency or the loss of the communal stockpile."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2015, 06:15:25 pm »

I will re-iterate my position on things. If we have some food to spare, and someone asks for it we'll be willing to provide, but I will not endorse making our food stores subservient to others.

Spoiler: Lizardmen resources (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2015, 06:21:27 pm »

Seeing all those that have spoken, I deem this issue unfit for a vote. Representatives who wish to pool their resources may.

I am told that ships are coming into port, we must adjourn this meeting and greet them. Anyone with gold left may bargain with the traders for extra supplies.

One trade ship and one colonist ship arrive.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]