Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]

Author Topic: Third Lords of Creation  (Read 28378 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Third Lords of Creation
« Reply #510 on: December 19, 2009, 02:02:30 am »

I considered starting something like this, in wich you play members of a council of Archmagi instead of Gods. But I'm already running a game, so maybe later.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 19, 2009, 08:07:20 pm »

Yeah, the last one was kind of entertaining, but there didn't seem to be much interaction. Maybe you could implement some epic actions that require multiple deities, things that would break the universe if they were too pure...

Also you could try to have some sort of influence system or precision system to penalise more powerful beings. There might be a limit on how much power you can exert on some planes, or you need to manifest up to a certain level before doing things, maybe there is a cost to manifest for each action. It would be cheaper to bargain with a hero-god than to do everything yourself...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 19, 2009, 09:03:17 pm »

So, for the wizardry game, there are X wizardly orders, each with one Archmage who represents them. Each player is the Archmage of an order.

Each player gets one action per turn and as many spells as they can cast.

If a player's Archmage is killed, they are removed from the game, but someone else can create a new Archmage of that order.

If a Player's Order is destroyed, they are removed from the game and their Archmage goes into the pool of monsters to recruit, retaining his defenses.

Each player starts with 3 Mana and 1 Location, designed by them. Their Archmage and Order start at this location.

Actions:
Attack - Kill an enemy Archmage or Monster in an epic battle of magical might. Only works if he has no defenses. Requires that the two combatants be at the same Location.
Move - Your Archmage, your Order or one of your Monsters goes to a different Location.
Recruit Monster - Gets you a Monster. Monsters can be sent to do things in place of the Archmage, risking it's life instead of the Archmage's. The Monster starts either at your Archmage or at your Order. You get to know the name of the Monster, but not it's description before you recruit it.
Claim Location - Claim a Location for your Order. You cannot claim a Location that has anyone's Order in it. You gain 1 Mana per turn per Location that your order owns. You can only claim Locations if they are undefended. Locations also have an Effect, which you can turn on and off at will. You get to know the name of the Location, but not it's description or effect before you claim it.
Attack Order - Attacks the Location that an Order is staying at, preventing the Order from moving. If the Location is undefended and the Order has no defenses, the Order can be destroyed. Requires that the attacking Archmage or Monster be at the Location attacked.
Destroy Location - Destroys the Location that you are at, giving your order 1 Mana per Location left in the game. Also teleports you to the location of your Order. Requires that the Location be undefended and have no Order located at it.
Transfer Mana - Transfers Mana to the Order of the Archmage targeted. Both Archmages must be in the same Location.

Spells:
Scry Monster - Adds one Monster per mana to the game, designed by another player.
Scry Location - Adds one Location per mana to the game, designed by another player.
Fortify Location - Adds one defense per mana to a Location, protecting it and everyone at it.
Magical Defenses - Adds one defense per mana defense to an Archmage, Order or Monster.
Magical Attack - Remove one defense per mana from a Location, Archmage, Order or Monster.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 01:15:26 am by Grek »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 19, 2009, 10:21:49 pm »

What is the difference between a node and a location?
If nodes can be created then Destroy node is overpowered, it is probably overpowered regardless.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 20, 2009, 01:14:19 am »

What is the difference between a node and a location?
If nodes can be created then Destroy node is overpowered, it is probably overpowered regardless.

Typographical error. First draft had nodes, second draft had locations. I missed a spot.

Destroy Location is pretty powerful, but it can be prevented. Your Archmage does not have to be on a location to fortify it, so you can just fortify wherever the enemy moves to consume it. It is only useful if you are already ahead by enough to take out anyone trying to stop you.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 01:32:34 am by Grek »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]