Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35

Author Topic: Third Lords of Creation  (Read 28383 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: Third Lords of Creation
« Reply #480 on: August 01, 2009, 04:43:59 pm »

Titus rose from his meditations but collasped with weaknesss. But once again he rose up. He took his soliders from the training planet and set them upon the planet. The elementals patrolled the land while titus patroled the entrances to the matrail realm.

Titus to elementals
"I am weak but I will try and hold garish back if you cannot keep him in."

Titus drew his sword and look down at the oceanless planet. The beings that inhabit it will not perish or falter.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 01, 2009, 07:22:10 pm »

Wayock, to Garish.

"For too long has your corruption tainted. Too long have you blindly hurt all around you. Forever you shalt prepare, and prepare. The

Wayock, to The Old Ones, The Elementals.

"Now is the time to show our colours, to show we are not to destroy creation. Come, unto the breach! Let us press forward, let us have Garish's heart!"

Wayock went to a small cliff face upon world, upon his steed he stared at the wall. He dismounted and walked to it. He drew back his arm and punched the wall, his hand sinking into the face. Putting his other hand in he ripped the wall apart, the wall looked into The Breach. The Entrance to Garish.

Wayock, to The Elementals.

"Come my brothers."

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 01, 2009, 07:33:29 pm »

Thiliazari, to All excluding Garish

"I shall not stand for Garish's foolish ploy. The Na'Rin already mobilize, and shall join you next cycle."
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 01, 2009, 11:24:19 pm »

Rhuax heard the call, and rose. With a gesture, a black burning hole in the skys of Istamoshur rippled open once more, the portal into Garish's lands open once again. The ground smoked and withered, but Rhuax cared not. He simply took the tendrils of darkness in hand and forged them into a suit of blacked armour, covering the King of Flames from neck to foot, only leaving his burning head exposed.

Rhuax, to Wayock

I stand ready, brother.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 02, 2009, 01:16:44 am »

"Too much to hope for peace, then."
 - Turpis, to nobody in particular.

Mayari, Nezzik, Daggar and Hale strode through the searing lands and trying their best to ignore the heat, still stifling even through their divine protection.  The sapphire rings on their fingers kept the worst of the heat at bay, though Istamoshur was hardly a walk through the park regardless.

"You are certain these things will work?" demanded Mayari coldly.  The dark elven ranger kept a hand on her chitin blade, a relic of her family, though a practical understanding of warfare had let her switch the old carapace armour for newer Nezumi-forged copper scales.

"The herald forged them," Hale muttered.  "They will work."  The Firestarter-turned-cleric of Turpis glared up at the raging inferno that was Istamoshur's sky.

"We're getting paid for this, right?" squeaked Nezzik, scratching his dull black fur idly.

"What we do is vital to the survival of the very cosmos!" Hale snapped, then felt himself being lifted up by the robe.

"But we are getting paid for this," said Daggar.  The monolithic Ger, muscles buldging beneath heavy copper plated armour, did not mean it as a question.  For reasons of status Hale chose to take it as one.

"Of course," Hale said, shaking himself out of Daggar's grasp.  "You were paid a third in advance, held in escrow for you at the Hub.  The remainder will be paid out on completion of our mission."

"What's so special about this crystal, then?" Mayari asked.  "I would have thought that if your lord was so powerful He could take care of this Himself."  Hale snorted.

"How little you understand of the divine," he sneered, then caught himself.  The alliance of the New Empire was fragile enough without offending the daughter of the Elven faction's leader.  "My lord cannot enter the body of the Machine God without His sensing my lord's presence.  As mortals we can pass unnoticed by the Gearlord so long as we do not say His name.  Once into the belly of the beast, we must not invoke Him in any way or we are certainly doomed.  Then it is simply a matter of evading the Skaturii until we reach the prize."

"And what is the prize?" Nezzik asked.

"Look," said Hale, pointing upward to the sky.  The flames drew away, revealing a dark and terrible hole in the firmament.  In the shadows beyond, the mortals could make out strange and unnatural shapes; teeth of metal and elaborate chains, slicked with oil and smoke.  "It's time.  Break the charm, Nezzik."

The blackfur threw down a small glass orb, which shattered on the ground.  A soft, silvery cloud enveloped the party, concealing them from sight and lifting them up toward Garish's maw...

Free Action:  Send party of adventurers into Garish's realm via Istamoshur.  Provide them with mortal-level divine magic in the form of charms and other items.
Free(?) Action:  Conceal a small party of mortals from Garish and other deities unless the mortals directly invoke them.  Reliant on a link to the party (cleric).  Concealment does not work against mortals.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 02, 2009, 05:51:03 am »

((RP less post because I haven't got any right now. I will try to think of something but there are no guarantees. I will try to never do this again. I've got a much better idea of what I'm going to do after this than I do of how to get there))
Actions:
Evolve physically. 1/4 AP left.
Teach populace: Justice. 0/4 AP left.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 02, 2009, 06:57:23 am »

Through his mental connection to his Herald Wayock called, called for his sons and daughters to step up and show themselves in the name of Wayock, to make their mark upon the world. An Army was formed, a mixed army of Ger, Gar, Dwellers, Gor, Skar, and Wer made up the host, they marched to where Wayock was waiting quickly. There Wayock provided food and water to his army, so that they shalt prepare for the day. His cloak of shadows concealing all from the divine eyes of the gods.

Wayock, to the Elementals.

"I wish to, again, use the power (2AP) from the Pantheon for the upcoming battle."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 02, 2009, 11:17:50 am »

Titus followed Wayock and Rhaux through the portal.His baldes shimmered breifly in the light before entering the strange realm of Garish.

Titus to the Elementals

I am here.

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 02, 2009, 05:07:33 pm »

Synk conjured up a pair of sinister gauntlets made of the very corruption he embodies. They appeared black with streakes of blood red leading to spikes that faced towards the fingers of the gauntlets. The spikes jutted out just far enough to cause a great deal of pain but not to deal any real damage. They resonated with the pure energy of corruption. A single touch would destroy someone from the inside out.

Synk looked upon his gauntlets and, with a somewhat satisfactory tone, said to himself,"Not the best I could make, but the will do."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Synk then followed his brothers through the portal to the breach. Upon his arrival, he saw waves of Garish's creations ready to stand in his way. With a sinful grin, Synk spoke to his brothers.

Synk, to The Old Ones

"Come brothers, let us destroy this fool, Garish. I will corrupt his heart into utter oblivion. But first, his minions."

And with those words Synk unleashed a wave of corruption upon the armies of Garish.

Create Artifact (1 of 5 AP): Gauntlets of Corruption
Pestilence (0 of 5 AP): Sent waves of pure corruption into the armies of Garish.
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 02, 2009, 08:29:10 pm »

Wayock charged first, unto the breach. Drawing his axe he lifted it above his head, above his crown. His cape fluttering behind him he ran to the horde of Garishes creation, The Elementals following him, his army behind that. Entering Garishes realm had a peculiar effect on Wayock.

He grew.

Smashing into the line of the enemy he killed many upon contact, swinging his axe he killed many more. Now ina trance of rage, of blood lust he yelled.

"I AM"

Slash

"THE WARLORD OF WAR"

Chop

"THE EMPEROR OF EARTH"

Wayock kept swinging and swinging killing many in the process, his army was battling, holding the line well. The Ger were holding the line with their brute strength, the Gar picking them off from afar, or striking from behind. The Gor were helping the Ger, the Dwellers were chopping their knees and he Skar were attacking them for the air. This was not the time for the Wer, Wayock sent them away for their own good. But they could not survive, the horde was never ending.

"I AM, THE MASTER OF MOONS, THE GOD OF GROWTH AND THE GOD OF SOULS."

Wayock, in his bloodlust was never letting up in his savage attack against this horde.

"GARISH, OH GARISH.

Come out, where ever you are. For you doom has come upon you."

« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 08:38:58 pm by Emperor_Jonathan »

Naze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 02, 2009, 09:58:17 pm »

Fools, did they not see the Grand Evolution? The end of death, the end of life, the end of desire and the pain of mortal coils? They think of me as some monster, a scapegoat for their puny short-sightedness, if it must be so, then he would sacrifice himself to complete the grand evolution.
Elf: Hmmm an ancient book...filled with spells?!
Fuma Amuisa, elf has been struck down.
Tzeentch doesn't like Elves, please don't teach your Elves to read.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 02, 2009, 10:04:05 pm »

Rhuax followed after Wayock, eager to finally do battle.

-----

Meanwhile, in Skivun, four brave adventurers and a beetle marched tirelessly across the plains of twisted flesh. Golon, dark elf knight in chitin armour, held the reigns of the chitinous steed. Helk, a silent human monk sat behind him, radiating an aura of command. Behind Helk was Mictil, a Heilophage and a shadowy rogue. At the rear of the beetle, Gilkin, another human, held her bow close and scaned the far horizon.

"Why do you think that Rhuax chose us?" intoned Mictil.

"Helk and I are warriors of the Sacred Order of the Burning Carapace. We are Rhuax's most ardent followers." replied Golon

"Right. Then why did they choose Gilkin here?"

"I was trained by the Rangers and Druids of the south. I am a walker of the far horizons." said Gilkin "Why would they He pick you, Mictil?"

"I'm sure He has His reasons." he responded before quickly changing the subject, "Look! There's the way down!"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 03, 2009, 12:00:09 pm »

Titus smiled and followed Wayock into the breach with his sword in his hand. Ice bolts flew out of his hand and impaled themselves in the enemy line. He breathed upoun many more freezing them instantly.He struck down many a foul beast.

The water elementals where battling behind him and assiting the Earth lord's troops when needed.Their wavey blue bodys becoming staind with the foul blood of Garish minoins. Blood was flowing like water.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 03, 2009, 12:17:31 pm »

Thiliazari looked at the ensuing battle. He had no place in their pantheon, and could give little assistance at this point, so he turned to other matters.

First, he would grow in power.

(Gain Divine Rank: Currently 8; 2/5 AP remaining)

He then turned to the Na'Rin. They were prepared for any war, though this one would not involve them.

(Raise Army (Na'Rin); 0/5 AP remaining)
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 08, 2009, 03:17:30 am »

Turpis, to the Guardians

If we were planning to intercede against Garish as per our mandate, this would probably be the time.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35