Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35

Author Topic: Third Lords of Creation  (Read 28382 times)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
Third Lords of Creation
« on: March 21, 2009, 08:30:41 pm »

This is my third attempt at Lords of Creation. This is a community world building project where players take on the roles of gods. This currently utilizes rules for Dungeons and Dragons 3.5, but If you don't know how to play, you can contact the GM via PM for D&D rules based decisions.

Sorry about letting the last one die, but it got too... stale. After overlooking the rules, I have made some changes. Since many gods did not want to use weapons, favored weapon is no longer a requirement.

For people wanting to sign up, post in the OOC thread.

Here is what the players need to know about gods.

Creating a God:
Players need to contact me before posting.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here is what the players need to know about actions.

Every monday, you will be restored to full AP.

Free actions:

Divine Actions

Combat

Reccomended Domains

When making a plane please use the information found in the SRD hypertext document for 3.5, found here http://www.d20srd.org/srd/planes.htm#planarTraits

You can roleplay the mortals in your flock. However, the power levels are limited; in the first year, mortals cannot exceed level 9, in the second year, they cannot exceed level 18. In year three… just keep epic mortals to a minimum.

When posting, please add the following to your post, so we know which god/mortal etc is speaking, and his location, we call this The make Psyco Jelly A Happy Camper Rule.

AP does not carry over from week to week.

Please PM me, the GM before you post your god here.

I'd say we can begin when we get five gods. Others can feel free to join at any time.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 04:33:22 pm by Psyco Jelly »
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Third Lords of Creation
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 10:07:31 pm »

Can I join whit the same god as last time? I never got to use it.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 10:34:20 pm »

Can I join?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 10:40:46 pm »

Yes, everyone can join, just PM Pysco with your gods first.

Armok you can join with your previous god.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 03:39:59 pm »

Name: Velik Broj, the Thousand
Primary Domain: Entropy
Alignment Domain: Indifference
Portfolio Element: Pestilence
Symbol: A black scarab
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Divine Rank: 6
Class Levels Barbarian 8, Druid 10, Master of Many Forms 10

The Thousand are a hive mind, with a single goal, to spread their influence throughout existence. That's not to say that they are stupid or instinctual, Velik Broj can be extremely clever when it seeks something. The thousand are composed of countless insects of many types, but the swarm can assume the form of nearly any creature. The thousand aren't evil because they uphold malevolence, simply because they pay no heed to others when they want something. Velik Broj prefers to use a Double Sword. (Use singular pronouns for Velik Broj, and plural for The Thousand.)
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 08:43:46 pm »

Name: Rhuax, King of Magma
Primary Domain: Fire
Alignment Domain: Balance
Portfolio element: Volcanos
Symbol: Red flames on a Grey field.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Divine Rank: 6
Class levels: Cleric 4, Sorcerer 4, Mystic Theurge 20

Rhuax is the God of fire. He is pleased by burning, fires and heat. He often burns things with extreme amounts of fire and magma. He also has a gentle side and provides fertile, ashy soil to all that make burnt offerings in his name

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 11:36:18 pm »

~Constantly Updated~

Name: Wayock, God of War
Primary Domain: War; Earth; Moon
Portfolio element: Battle; Minerals; Orbiting
Symbol: Two crossed swords.
Alignment: True Neutral
Favored Weapon: 2H Axe.
Divine Rank: DR10
Class levels: Fighter 20
                  Barbarian 16
AP: 5

Wayock likes war, in fact he loves war. He is the god of war. As god of war, he is the master in all forms of war, whether it is small skirmishes between guerilla fighters and patrols, or two crusading armies coming together to fight. To be a master of war you need two things, excellent, superior tactics and to a lesser extent, superior fighting skills. Although Wayock is a god of war, he isn't nasty, but Nuetral. Albeit he is favored towards his own creations. He is neutral, but he helps his fellow gods, and his own people.

Wayock, as a being, is a manifestation of all the hurt, the suffering, the loot, the pillaging, the raiding, the defeats and the victories of war.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 06:26:10 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 11:06:14 am »

((hmm, there seems to be alot of neutral or semi-neutral gods... oh well, one more wont hurt :P ))

Name: Alether, the Supreme Arcanist
Primary Domain: Arcane
Portfolio element: Disciples of the Arcane Arts (mostly Wizards and Sorcerers)
Symbol: An open hand, with a gem engraved in its palm, and a 13-sided star around the hand.
Alignment: True Neutral
Divine Rank: DR6 (Lesser God)
Class levels: Wizard 9, Sorcerer 9, Ultimate Magus 10

Alether is the very embodiment of the Arcane energies that permeate the multiverse. He does not care for other gods or mortal affairs, except when these have a goal in common with his own. His own goal seems quite simple: raise the Arcane Arts to a level superior to any other form of creation or art in quality, power, elegance, and refinement. He is by nature a perfectionist, seeking to perfect his domain's influence, yet his notion of 'perfection' differs from the traditional 'order' and 'laws' some might assosciate with perfection. For him, perfection needs not only a structured and ordered base, but also freedom to express new ideas and randomness that allows the Art to evolve. Thus, he does not prefer either Chaos or Order. Neither does he uphold Good or Evil, as he considers these last two as things irrelevant to consider, just two differing forms of expression that both have a place in his plans.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 07:23:31 pm »

~Constanly updated as well~

Name: Kryz, The Wandering Storm
Primary Domain: Wind
Alignment Domain: Good
Portfolio Element: Storms
Symbol: Lightning Bolt striking through the heart of a hurricane
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Divine Rank: DR 8
Class Levels: Duskblade 20/ Barbarian 12

Kryz is a god of incredible power, that is difficult to anger, but once angered, quick to act and slow to calm. He commands the winds and all that rely on them. He especially enjoys sending storms to acquire a special brand of divine retribution on the wicked and corrupt. He enjoys times of peace, but sees that if beings live in peace to long they become weak and unprepared for conflicts. He seeks to comprimise over minor conflicts but when tensions flare heis a force to be reckoned, and feared. He takes the form of a human wearing a snow white cloak and robes of white and light blue. He resonates with the power of wind and storms, often resulting in jolts of lighting darting across his body and strong winds blowing from his sleeves and hood. His weapon of choice is the Spiked Chain.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 07:33:26 pm by The Willow Wisp »
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 07:59:58 pm »

huh! seems fun.
Name:Titus,The Imperial Wave
Primary Domain:Water
Alignment Domain:Neutral
Portfolio Domain:Waves
Symbol:A pyramid under water
Alignment:Chaotic Neutral
Divine rank:dr-6
Class levels:Fighter 14,Sorcerer 12

Titus is the quietly scheming type.The things he does are only for his people.His appearance on any plane is of a hooded man wearing blue.The only unblue symbol is a yellow pyramid on his back.His weapon is a Trident
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 05:05:12 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 08:11:28 pm »

(We are now starting.)

The void grew insatiable. For far too long it had wanted to consume, to destroy. It had once tasted living beings, in a time far too long ago for even the gods to remember. The void grew hands, and ripped into itself, pulling free thousands of vermin, harbingers of destruction. They swirled and clambered over each other, forming a somewhat humanoid figure. The figure quickly grew skin over the insects and now looked perfectly like a male human. It soon realized that it should not remain in this expanse of space. Wretched Mortal Space. It created a barrier around the space, and the area outside it turned black as the area inside turned gray. The outside became violent and hungry, it took on a will of it's own. The area inside remained calm. The swarm laughed, the first sound.

Create plane(The Hungry Void) 3AP

Strongly Negative-dominant
Sentient
Infinite
Limited Magic (No positive energy)
Strongly Evil aligned
Timeless (No hunger or thirst. You do not age here, and upon leaving you return to the exact instant you left. Heh. Left.)
Subjective directional gravity
Coterminous (Stray to far from the center of the material plane and you enter the void.)

(Filiusenox, PM me your profile. I'll help get it sorted out.)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 08:20:45 pm by Psyco Jelly »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 08:58:08 pm »

Wayock formed within the void. For the third time, he formed in a void. Wayock had a plain 2H axe.

The void was nothingness, he felt... A presence. Within the void yet outside it. Wayock sighed, this place was boring. For the moment only however. He gathered energy from all round, and condensed it, smaller and smaller till he got a pebble of rock. He needed more, he got more energy and condensed it and condensed it, more and more energy condensed into solid form until he finally had what he wanted.

A planet.

It was earth-ish in size, a perfectly round sphere. It was not his, however it was free to form, to mold, to nourish...

((Create land: 2/3))

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 09:19:46 pm »

The Thousand sensed a new presence. A divine presence. There was also a new substance, though it is unsuitable for eating. Velik Broj decided to communicate with the new being.

Velik Broj, to Wayock.

"Hello. What is it you are doing with the non-food? You can't eat that."

After saying this Velik Broj began to wonder what exactly could be eaten.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 09:23:32 pm »

Wayock, to Velik Broj

"AH. I presume it is you I felt? Not all things need to be able to be eaten. Neither do all things must be eaten."

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 09:37:01 pm »

"We-I think we-I understand."

Velik Broj was fighting to remain one being.

"I am Velik Broj - We are the thousand! You are not us. What are you?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35