Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Return to the Mountainhome (IC-Thread)  (Read 3207 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Return to the Mountainhome (IC-Thread)
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2014, 08:30:48 am »

you won't reach the tower today...or tomorrow for that matter...one of your scouts remarks on it as you ask him. The thing is so gigantic in size that you can see it from several day travels away, it must be massive...not to mention whatever dots fly around it must themselves be of a ridiculous size.

One of your men looks at it grimly for a while before saying that it might be the legendary Dragontower, for which he earns a few snickers and jokes whether he believes in Flying pigs and Magic too...

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2014, 11:43:36 am »

Skorri nod's. "Well w'atere it is we should leave it be, we don't 'ave time to meddle wiff it before finding camp again, but we know our camp ain't in that direction since we would have seen it on our way out 'ere."
With our new found information, camp for the night then continue our trek back towards camp.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2014, 02:04:37 pm »

Skorri
thought it takes you another two days you finally manage to return home. With your [5+1 Survival] extremely detailed descriptions the cartographers apprentice makes a good map of the immdeiate surroundings and is even able to extrapolate the further surrounding area. Considering all of that land is plains...you get the idea.

Gained a map of the surrounding area (+1 on survival as long as you are on the Plains

Volgar

You go back to the original crew served method of using ballistas, but you change the loading mechanism. Using a feeder makes reloading theoretically faster, however there is still the problem that you need to actually fire faster. [2+3] The rotating wheel supposed to pull back the strings works perfectly however, you need two additional personnel to rotate the wheel, bringing ballista crews up to five men. Two Stringmen, One Loader, One Artillerist and one guy adjusting the ballista. And then there is still the issue of the range. Despite your efforts the fast firing ballista fires not far enough with enough punch. And apart from that you are lacking materials to build a proper working prototype gun, since your little model certainly wont convince the King.

Repeating Ballista Design at 15%

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2014, 03:30:49 pm »

Does the Map include the tower?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2014, 06:25:50 am »

Riegir spat up blood and remained lying on the ground.

"Aye. I hear ya. Someone act in my stead, get us some medical aid quickly."

Task a random NPC to acquire medical aid for the wounded dwarves.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]