Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 162

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II [Actually Done This Time: R.I.P]  (Read 333614 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 51: N.Y.C. of the Carribean)
« Reply #1815 on: December 22, 2012, 07:46:18 pm »

Kingston is in Washington state, not the Caribbean. I suppose I should of noticed that. Also, you misspelled Caribbean.

You know that Kingston is the capital of Jamaica, right? Or you're just trolling.
*facepalm*

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 51: N.Y.C. of the Caribbean)
« Reply #1816 on: December 22, 2012, 09:09:00 pm »

Kingston is in Washington state, not the Caribbean. I suppose I should of noticed that. Also, you misspelled Caribbean.

You know that Kingston is the capital of Jamaica, right? Or you're just trolling.
*facepalm*

Okay, good. Just being silly.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: December 23, 2012, 12:56:31 am »

Can I be waitlisted as Steve?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: December 23, 2012, 11:27:56 am »

Can I be waitlisted as Steve?

Okay. Color?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Biscuitlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: December 23, 2012, 01:00:32 pm »

Big Mac trots off with Applejack into the City quite amazed by the size and many lights
''But don't ya dare ta go shopping now. After a day of shopping with you girls ma back hurts more than after a day of bucking the trees.
Things are kinda rough at Sweet Apple Acres rigt naw. Without me and you theres noone ta bring the apples in. Applebloom and her friends are doing their best ta help out, but they ain't old enough yet ta be as good as you. And in the bit of free time Applebloom gets, she cares for Granny Smith. She's now ill since last winter and the docs sayin it doesn't look too good.''

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: December 23, 2012, 02:04:52 pm »

So I went for a jog today, and during that time I figured out the remaining battles left in the game. But there's several, so don't think I'm saying this game will end anytime soon. Also:

Big Mac trots off with Applejack into the City quite amazed by the size and many lights
''But don't ya dare ta go shopping now. After a day of shopping with you girls ma back hurts more than after a day of bucking the trees.
Things are kinda rough at Sweet Apple Acres rigt naw. Without me and you theres noone ta bring the apples in. Applebloom and her friends are doing their best ta help out, but they ain't old enough yet ta be as good as you. And in the bit of free time Applebloom gets, she cares for Granny Smith. She's now ill since last winter and the docs sayin it doesn't look too good.''

That is grimdark as fuck. I mean, yes I'm running the RTD about this huge Inter-dimentional war where billions of living intelligent creatures have been killed, but now we're throwing in cancer and shit.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: December 23, 2012, 10:37:36 pm »

((Better salvage the mood...))

Meanwhile, in the Land of Dreams...
Slenderman looked into the empty stocking. He knew it was a dream but it was always really horrible to know that this exact scene would be playing out in reality when he awoke to the cold Hearthwarming morning. The snow always ruined his pictures at this time of year, the colours always ran and it looked ghastly.
As he was about to awake he felt a tap on his shoulder. Standing behind him was Princess Luna and she had a gift. He unwrapped it to find a new magic marker. This one was navy blue and had 'waterproof' written on the side.
Slenderman was so happy that he drew a great big smile on his face.

((...and back to you.))

Samari45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: December 24, 2012, 05:51:11 am »

Begin walking to a hotel
These guys look like they could definitely handle themselves in a fight, but I still feel a little unprepared with just Lagann. What to do?
A plane flies overhead
That's it!
Go to the airport and find a jet. Use Lagann Impact to combine with it.

OOC: Hope I'm not getting too shenanigany for you TCM.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 05:53:36 am by Samari45 »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: December 26, 2012, 07:19:07 pm »

[DATA EXPUNGED], though eventually everything worked out.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: December 27, 2012, 03:42:44 am »

[DATA EXPUNGED], though eventually everything worked out.

....Works fer me!
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 52: 420 Blaze It)
« Reply #1826 on: December 27, 2012, 09:32:51 pm »

Chapter 52: 420 Blaze It

Twilight Sparkle walks herself into the Scientific Museum of Jamaica. Inside she learns about the history of the Earth, it's beginnings from the first microbes to the dinosaurs to modern species. She finally gets an explanation to a question she had for a long time: On Earth, primates managed to advance faster than Equine, allowing them to become the dominant species.

Roland Deschain wanders into the nearest quiet bar. It's a generic place and he sits down at a stool at the end, ordering up some ale. He's slipped a glass of the stuff and starts drinking it down.

The Pastamancer, a bit homesick, heads down to the shore of the city. The water washes up into the sand and recedes. It is peaceful. Minus the fact that there is some huge event composed of rambunctious drunk college students partying, but not a sand-which or sea monster in sight. This is definitely not the Kingdom of Loathing.

Simon jumps the fence into the back of the Kingston Airport, looking for a suitable vehicle to morph with Lagann. Along the way, he sees a nice jet in his hangar. As he approaches it, a search light from a tall building shines directly on him. A booming intercom voice bellows, "What are you doing here?!" Out of nowhere armed Airport Guards start surrounding Simon....

Dagoth Ur heads to the nearest resort hotel and asks for the penthouse. Before the deskman can question his appearance, Dagoth throws some miscellaneous, expensive piece of junk he found on one of his journeys onto the desk. He is handed a key-card immediately. Dagoth takes the elevator up, because magic is hard, and opens the door to his luxurious penthouse suite. Flopping onto his bed, Dagoth takes a nap and peers into the weak-minded mortals around him:

"Seriously, is she going to wear that dress? The back is all messed up and it doesn't go with her shoes!"
"Little does anyone know that the moon landing was faked by ME in 1895!"
"I wonder if my girlfriend got her toy and shoved it up my-"

Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

Applejack & Big Macintosh go sightseeing in downtown Kingston. They recall their various struggles since the start of the war, and reminisce before it even started. Oh how great Equestria once was...

Al Capone traverses to his familiar territory, the seedy underground of the big city. He ducks down into a shady club in the inner-city, lights flashing and the 21st century kids listening to whatever boopin'-ass music they designed. Quietly, he works his way for to the back to start up a deal.

Rainbow Dash [CENSORED], but at least that's legal in Jamaica....right?

While the H.O.E.S. chill out in Kingston, a casually-dressed green army marches into the city from the north. There are shots fired and explosions riddling the city as civilians scream and run about as civilians do. In the middle of the army is a long, green limousine. It opens it's speakers and blasts at a piercing volume:

"We are the Sons of Samedi! We have taken over our Haitian homeland, and we will now take the island of Jamaica. Stand down or be executed! Long live Samedi!"

[Left to Right: Veteran Child, Mr. Sunshine, The General]

The General sits in the back of the vehicle, smoking a hash pipe, surrounded by guards on every limousine seat, poking rifles and RPGs out of the windows. Veteran Child and Mr. Sunshine flank the vehicle on it's sides.

<Communicator Message Inbound!:

"Tis' I, Princess Luna. You all must repel the Sons of Samedi. They are not of Celestian control, but they are a powerful nationalist army. If we lose Jamaica, we lose one of our best islands in the Western Hemisphere. The regular Samedi soldiers will not be any threat to you, but watch out for the commanders. The Jamaican military and police will assist you in this battle. Good luck!"

End Message>

Son of Samedi Commanders-

Mark Gabby: The top Samedi trafficker and soldier, fierce in combat.
Items: AK47, Machete
Health: Fine

Silverfeet: A seasoned drug runner for the Samedi, quick and daring.
Nimble: Can attack a target twice. 50% chance of -1 to defensive rolls.
Items: Automatic Pistol, Machete

Autonomous Mobile Turret: A walking war robot developed by the Samedi. Consists or a turret machine-gun held on a base on top of four, spider-like legs.
Items: Machine Gun, Legs

Cyborg Warrior: A result of an experiment, a entity that's human on one half and robot on the other, split down the middle.
Bulky: +1 to offensive rolls, 50% chance of -1 to defensive rolls.
Items:

Alisha Deathrow: A head Samedi soldier with experience gunning down targets in everything from drive-bys to seiges.
Items: Dual Sub-machine Guns, Machete

Eagle-Eyes: A quiet and deadly sharpshooter of the Samedi army with an eye for knocking off enemy commanders.
Sniper: Takes one turn to load primary weapon. When fired, primary weapon gets +1.
Items: Dragunov Sniper Rifle, Sunglasses, Bandana, Machete

Trailblazer: One of the chief chefs of the potent Samedi drugs, which he also utilizes for combat.
Smokescreen: Can give someone a +1 to defensive each turn, including himself.
Items: Machete

Veteran Child: The head DJ and one of the original Samedi gangsters.
Items: Heavy Machine Gun

Mr. Sunshine: The most mystical and deadly of Samedi soldiers who uses not only brute strength, but voodoo to crush opposition.
Voodoo Regeneration: Recovers from some wounds after his turn.
Items: Cursed Machete

And our boss:

The General - Sons of Samedi Head General. (Big surprise.) Rides around in a huge green limousine, bent on claiming the entire Caribbean. 
Health: Kite-High
Mood: "This island is mine!"

Spoiler: H.O.E.S. (click to show/hide)

Just want to tell everyone I'm really excited for this fight. Whereas most battles previously took place in a huge room or outdoor space, this one has the dynamic environment of a huge city, so everything from cars in parking lots to bricks on the street will play a role in this fight.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 08:48:46 pm by TCM »

Samari45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: December 27, 2012, 09:43:41 pm »

"Sorry, but I need this!", Simon yells. "If it's any consolation it will help me to defend the city!."
Continue with plan to combine Lagann with the jet.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: December 27, 2012, 10:21:43 pm »

((Can we communicate with the others? If not, just ignore that part of the action.))

Seeing the convoy driving down the street, Roland ducked out the back of the bar as he finished his drink, leaving an empty glass on the bar along with a single coin, more than enough to pay. Contacting the other H.O.E.S., he sent out the message, "Looks like we have a few guys running down the street here. I suggest that you go ahead and get your asses over here. Bring friends." Heading down the back alley, he went to gather and organize the remaining police, army, militia, etc.

((Read- recruit army, ploce, etc. that are still standing.))
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 12:21:49 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: December 27, 2012, 10:43:22 pm »

"Not even enough time for a cruise? Jeez. Alright. Okay then, so group, I'll be providing artillery support and might send in some summoned fighters now and then."
Pastamancer looks around for a nearby building before getting to the roof. Once he's up there, he sets up his cannenoli cocoon, but doesn't head inside, instead trying to get a general idea of his distance from the other H.O.E.S. and the Soldiers.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 162