Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 162

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II [Actually Done This Time: R.I.P]  (Read 333729 times)

BlasterKyubey210

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's ride
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 40: Mo' Money Mo' Navy)
« Reply #1620 on: November 17, 2012, 08:02:11 pm »

Delta stood as a Sentinal ready to give the enemy ship a surprize, though he calculates his plans.

Maintained Readied Actions to use Telekinesis, while aiming clearly at the sails of the enemy ship.

((Yea this is my third Readied Action without a trigger, what a maroon))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: November 17, 2012, 08:04:28 pm »

"Abra Cad-Oh fuck it."

Shoot a bolt of fire (Did I mention the bolts of fire he can shoot?) at the Ballestero!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: November 17, 2012, 08:05:37 pm »

Delta stood as a Sentinal ready to give the enemy ship a surprize, though he calculates his plans.

Maintained Readied Actions to use Telekinesis, while aiming clearly at the sails of the enemy ship.

((Yea this is my third Readied Action without a trigger, what a maroon))

Can you name what object you are going to propel?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

BlasterKyubey210

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: November 17, 2012, 08:38:43 pm »

(( Attempting to grab a Cannonball from the enemy ship with Telekinesis to send it at the sails, which is what my Readied Actions are basically about ))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: November 17, 2012, 10:12:19 pm »

"AMEEEERIIIIIIIIIIIIIICAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Teddy attempted to use the power of patriotism to rally the others!

GraveHaunter92

• Bay Watcher
  • All legends are true, few are accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: November 17, 2012, 10:40:49 pm »

Ready Lasso, when the L.R.S. Crater closes in on the Hispaniola rope up the Músico by the neck and yank him off the side of the ship!
Jesus must have been guiding him in living out the way of the samurai.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: November 18, 2012, 01:12:36 am »

Try once again to call for NPCs.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: November 18, 2012, 06:23:17 am »

After kicking out of the closet and running onto the deck Alfred keeps one eye on Teddy and tries to shout over him. "For Great BRITAAAAAAIIIINNNN!!!" Then he draws both the bards pistols and aims at musculo "A Spaniard  with muscles is still a Spaniard sir, I'm afraid I need to kill you." Fire at him many times.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1628 on: November 18, 2012, 06:37:51 am »

Snipe the enemy crewmen with fiery arrows when we get in range.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia, Act II! (Ch. 41: Returning Fire)
« Reply #1629 on: November 19, 2012, 06:43:32 pm »

Chapter 41: Returning Firing

The L.R.S. Crater and La Hispaniola turn at each other until they are parallel. "Fire the cannons, broadside!" barks out the admiral. (1 vs. 2) There is a volley of exploding cannons as the first naval attack of the battle is commenced. However, most of the cannonballs fall short, and the ones that do hit are only skimping shots. Shortly after, there are a series of explosions from the opposite ship. "Brace yourselves!" (1 vs. 6) All of La Hispaniola's shots are way off. And a fire starts on that ship.

The Pastamancer sets up his pasta mortar and pasta shell. Carefully angling the machine, he fires the first attack from the H.O.E.S. (5 vs. 3) The shell pops up and whizzes through the air with a familiar whizzing sound. It smashes into the mid-section of the side of La Hispaniola, taking out 8 Cannons.

Rainbow Dash goes for a more indirect attack. Flying into a sky, she pulls one of the clouds out of the sky and starts contorting it into a storm cloud. (2) It just becomes a regular raincloud.

Delta stands ready, his Telekinetic fingers twitching, awaiting a cannon ball to come close enough to the L.M.S. Crater to intercept.

Merasmus shoots a bolt of fire at el Ballestro! (6 vs. 4) The bolt hits him in the chest, and before he can blink he's totally aflame and running around wildly.

"Come on men, let's raise the flag of America on La Hispaniola!" (1) Teddy Roosevelt is ignored. (Dejection: -1 to all rolls next turn)

Applejack swings her lasso high. "I've never lassoed a ship before, but I suppose there's a firs' try for everythin'!" El Hispaniola is about three football fields away in distance. This might take a while.

Gordon Freeman 2.0 opens up the console and tries calling for help. (3) He summons Rebel!

Lieutenant Colonel Alfred Daniel Wintle has cannons of his own. He draws the Bard's Pistols and fires them at the Musculo. Being that he's firing early firearms at a sniping distance, he surprisingly misses. So he reloads and fires again. And again. And again. And again. (3 vs. 2) A random shot manages to hit the Musculo in the foot.

As the ship pulls closer, Cyan Garamonde takes out his bow. He loads it up and starts firing multiple flaming arrows at El Hispaniola. (4 vs. 1) One of his arrows flies into the guard compound and starts a fire. Dozens of guards are killed as a result. Cyan can see some of them running outside and jumping into the water below.

Ellos Conquistadors, Bucanero, and with 80 Guards board onto 3 smaller ships. The ships are detached from the larger one and start coming towards the L.M.S. Crater at a surprisingly fast speed.

The Ballestero tries to find some water on deck, on account of being a burning man. (5) He pours a bucket over himself, extinguishing the flames. He sighs in relief.

El Artillero sees Rainbow Dash fiddling with a random cloud. He raises his Mosquete and fires at her. (1 vs. 2) He misses. (2 vs. 1) The raincloud comes over and rains directly on him.

El Musculo takes a random cannonball and chucks it at Lieutenant Colonel Alfred Daniel Wintle. Delta, however, intercepts the cannonball! (3 vs. 2) He chucks it back at the Musculo. The cannon misses it's target but strikes the deck near El Musculo, and he is hit in the leg by shrapnel!

La Amante gives a cat-like grin as she chucks a knife at the Pastamancer. (2 vs. 4) The knife lands between his legs. "That's a low blow! Taste my pastery-powers!" (6 vs. 4) He fires another tortellini shell, and this one explodes right over her face, searing the skin on her face off! She doesn't look so pretty now.

"Glory to the homeland brothers!" El Musico plays a patriotic battle tune through his Spanish Trumpet. (2) He's drowned out by la Amante screaming about her face.

Elite Mongolian Warriors draw their bows and fire a nasty volley onto the deck of La Hispaniola. (4 vs. 2) Several sailors are penetrated by long shafts. Tee hee. And they die.

Oleg picks up a cannonball and throws it at La Hispaniola. (6 vs. 4) It hits la Amante right in the head! She won't have to worry about her face now.

"We're not hitting them, but they are striking us?! Get this ship closer!" The sails on La Hispaniola shift as the ship navigates towards the L.R.S. Crater at a perpendicular angle.

Hernando Cortez
Health: Fine
Mood: Closer! Money! Slavery! *Waves around sword wildly*

Spoiler: La Hispaniola (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Friendly NPCs (click to show/hide)

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: November 19, 2012, 06:49:56 pm »

Summon the Spaghetti Elemental. Direct one of the crewmen to man the Mortar.
"Hey! One of you man this! I'm calling in some backup."

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: November 19, 2012, 07:02:53 pm »

Hand the Rebel my RPG, telling him to attack the ship, and summon some more npcs.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: November 19, 2012, 07:53:04 pm »

Teddy mutters a sad "'Merica" and takes a few disinterested potshots at the smaller ships coming at the Crater.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: November 19, 2012, 07:54:54 pm »

Fire a volley of General Elemental bolts (A couple Spark, a couple Fire, a couple Ice) at the people rowing towards us! In the smaller boats, that is.

((Just a question for you TCM. Does Merasmus get any other magic other than the bolts? As in, should I add some in to be a bit more combat-friendly?))
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 08:27:41 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: November 19, 2012, 08:17:18 pm »

Fire a volley of bolts at the people rowing towards us! In the smaller boats, that is.

((Just a question for you TCM. Does Merasmus get any other magic other than the bolts? As in, should I add some in to be a bit more combat-friendly?))

You can just do general magic attacks, that's how I treat mages. I assume he also has ice and lighting and darkness and teleporting and blah blah etc.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 162