Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 107

Author Topic: Demonhood. -Slumbering for an indeterminate number of Strange Aeons-  (Read 235226 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile

So you wouldn't mind if I infected you and your loved ones with some horrifying disease making you die slow, painful deaths? Everything a compassionate, wise, fully informed human would prevent if able is evil. Maybe this games Evil! is that much narrower than real evil, but it certainly not obvious and you shouldn't go around saying things like that either way.

and you're thinking way to small zomara: stinging behaviour of those ants that defend acacia trees, but applied towards everything. Maybe the jumping behaviour of bullet ant but none of that screaming which warns people. Foraging habits similar to army ants, but less visible and more spread out. Much stronger venom than that- can't find exact species name with a quick search surprisingly, but there are some ridiculously deadly things in nature, as in "a single bite from one of these contains enough venom to kill a hundred men". A really tiny species, hard to see and getting into everything. And some behaviour to try to tunnel through thick clothing and skin rather than simple biting.

Intelligence is not needed, and not possible without magic which we're trying to avoid.

this isn't your averagedemonic antics. It's a much more sophisticated and realistic ecoterrorism plan spanning millennia.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
Re: Demonhood. -Number of updates which have EXCEEDED THE CHARACTER LIMIT: One-
« Reply #1531 on: February 21, 2012, 01:35:04 pm »

wile it would be fun to play biological warfare, can we you know, concentrate on the usual stuff? i dont think the game master would let us enginear a world eating ant on the grounds of: lack of scientific knowlegde etc.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So you wouldn't mind if I infected you and your loved ones with some horrifying disease making you die slow, painful deaths? Everything a compassionate, wise, fully informed human would prevent if able is evil. Maybe this games Evil! is that much narrower than real evil, but it certainly not obvious and you shouldn't go around saying things like that either way.
Surely, creating a disease or purposely infecting one with it is evil, but natural spread isn't. It's neutral.  Any being without intelligence just can't do any evil.

In fact all this "ecoterrorism" can do totally opposite thing, increase amount of good in the world. Because people will forced to help each other to survive.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Just a start. Plus, ants are the only thing (near literally) I have come to fear, so...... best I could come up with.

And U.R. might have a point, but that also can cause people to draw straws against one another for the increasing/dwindling resources.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think we y need Evil in the glossary, it's a core element of the gameplay, but we have no clear defenition what is evil in this world
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile

You have a very very weird definition of "evil" and "good".

And yea, I guess we might be starting to drift of topic. We need an update!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 21, 2012, 05:22:26 pm »

Update status: Still giving me trouble.
Nameless is being a whiny emo bitch. He refuses to focus on interesting situations- he'd rather whine about how this reminds him of how much his life sucks.

So I'll be switching it up a bit more than I planned. I'm gonna try doing some stuff through the eyes of Eliza.

To keep you going, and to reassure you that this is not dead, have a preview-quote.
Just for that, they said, you get spikes on everything.
Even the codpiece?
Especially the codpiece.
Long Live United Forenia!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 21, 2012, 05:25:05 pm »

Hopefully the spikes are on the outside of the codpiece and not on the inside.

Because, you know, ow.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Comatose

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Forum Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 21, 2012, 07:42:18 pm »

To keep you going, and to reassure you that this is not dead, have a preview-quote.
Just for that, they said, you get spikes on everything.
Even the codpiece?
Especially the codpiece.

Darn, now I'm extra curious!  :'(
Dabbling Forum Poster
Adequate Dwarf Fortress Player
Proficient Forum Lurker

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 21, 2012, 08:35:13 pm »

Because, you know, ow.

I think that that may be the point...  :D

Alternatecash

• Bay Watcher
  • PREFSTRING: [flammable head]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 21, 2012, 11:37:20 pm »

Because, you know, ow.

That was terrible.
Explore a half-ruined facility and play with dangerous
mutagens in my forum game.
It's back! A bit. Seriously, jump in.

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
  • I appear then disappear without a trace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 21, 2012, 11:41:46 pm »

Because, you know, ow.

That was terrible.
I agree
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.

jocgame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 22, 2012, 11:52:33 am »

So… guys I have an idea. What about a massive fortress like barrad dur for our evil lord?

So I have this idea:
 http://i.imgur.com/RZwYb.jpg
Okay this isn’t exactly the best drawing but it illustrates my plan for a massive fortress. The outermost ring of defences is comprised of an outer wall that is at least 50 feet thick. This wall is punctuated by towers of which there are approximately 52. Every fourth tower is a gatehouse, which also connect via a thick wall to the larger tower at the back of the defence triangle.

Next is the middle defence wall it is comprised mostly of triangle forts Joined by a thick wall 100 feet thick at the centre of this wall is a gatehouse which not shown. The triangle forts are comprised of three large towers connected by a thick wall at the centre is a tall tower of which I think wizards could fire down from. These towers are meant to defend the gate houses as they will hopefully be the only way through these defences and to get to them the enemy must go through heavily protected corridors surrounded by high walls and towers which can rain down arrows.

Behind these is a very thick wall it is more of a giant building and a solid fortification filled with catacombs and barracks. Four massive towers watch over each quarter of the fortress. Smaller defensive towers line the walls on both sides. Finally at the centre is a massive tower that is the keep of the citadel. It is incredibly tall and is built in modules each thousand feet high topped by a ring of defences the final top piece has six magic collecting spires and two larger spires that allow teleportation of massive armies to remote locations.
http://i.imgur.com/1yavwh.jpg
As you can see by the picture the entire fortress is basically built on the levels like minas tirith. The entire fortress is not need to be built at once. The foundation needs to go all the way to the bedrock as such a massive structure will sink otherwise. The first level is basically the foundation and the outer defence walls and towers. Second-tier is a massive block of stone with tunnels dug through and then the middle defence and walls built on top. The same goes for top tier. The entire structure should be filled with rooms of every kind in order to ensure self sustainability in the event of a siege.

I have done some calculations and believe that in order to lightly garrison every single tower 162,900 people will be required and to garrison the walls a further 100,000.

outer defense towers 400 each
large outer defense towers 1000 each

middle defenses' Tfort smaller towers 800 each
middle defenses' Tfort larger towers 2000 each

inner large towers 8000 each
inner small towers 700 each

keep: 1000 per module(massive under supply of troops for this bit, only using the inter module defense rings)(oh and about 7 modules high is what i was thinking for the keep)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:05:00 pm by jocgame »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 22, 2012, 12:36:07 pm »

wait, you want us to build a 640 meters-tall fortress, covering 1/3 of a square mile? 0.9 km²?
Just not now.
Plus you say yourself we'll need something like a million people for garrison.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 107